• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Rancher

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugbite250

A Christian Disciple
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012
for some reason, during the battle with the rival, it has an error... i dunno wat it is! it shuts the whole game of...

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
Updatish

So Happy new year to all! (kinda late I know)

I have something like a update to show you (little) progress still is being made!

Here it is:

Spoiler:

PoKéMaKeR

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
The upddates look great, especially I thought it's dead...
Keep it up! (And PM me if you need any sprites)
Best of luck from me!

Zurr

The sky is not the limit.
Years
um... when i start the game, it says some fonts need to be installed,but it always says that it could not be installed

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
The upddates look great, especially I thought it's dead...
Keep it up! (And PM me if you need any sprites)
Best of luck from me!

It wasn't and isn't dead!
I needed some time for school, it was kinda bussy :S
And yeah I will PM you if I need anymore sprites!
Thanks man :)

Can you post the demo in other website?

What's wrong with the demo on this site?

Looks great, love the screens so far. keep it up!

Thanks!

um... when i start the game, it says some fonts need to be installed,but it always says that it could not be installed

Uhm, I can't really do something about it else than give you the fonts which you then put in your resource folder of your windows..

All people thanks for the comments and support!​

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
I can't download it from the website you post.

While playing Rancher, I uploaded the initial game file (Pokémon Rancher Demo.exe) to other File Hosters, I hope you don't mind PoKéMaKeR ?

Exactly 1 hour Game Time has passed and I have 7 Pokémon and 1 Gym Badge :)

Very nice demo, I quite liked it, I do hope there will be more detail in those places I visited in this one as it did seem kinda plain :)

Now then;

• The Yellow and Red Text Box in Battle; Personally I don't think it looks right :?
  • Hero Sprite, I personally don't think it is any good, it is the one from Diamond right ? I never really liked it to be honest and it doesn't seem to fit in with the other Sprites ?
  • Starter Names, They don't see to imaginative for me, Maybe a re-think ?
  • New Grass(The one where you can encounter Pokémon, Seems to plain and I don't think it fits the surroundings?
  • Getting healed after 1st Rival battle, normally you get fully healed after it, I wasn't and almost lost in a wild encounter :(
  • In-Battle Poké Sprites, Looks so weird seeing ?'s attacking each other O.o
  • Team Galactic Sprites and Gym Leaders In-Battle Sprites look too big
  • Some stuff needs to be De-Capitalized, I.E. Pokémon's names and etc...
  • Haunted Mansion 1F; The Galactic guy in the bottom righ corner talked to me once and then a second latter said the same thing and battled me and it was a doubler battle with another person :? I had battled the person at the top and I battled the Mmddle person straight faterwards so maybe a glitch ?
  • Buying Pokemon, nice, how about been able to sell Pokemon ?
  • Relic Town, 4 Houses and only one availabe ? It wouldn't have mattered if it was arandom old person saying somethng random lol, There was also no-one to ask you if you knew how to catch a Pokémon or anything ?
  • 1st Battle after Relic town, the person is called Mat, It looks weird, maybe with 2 t's ? also he says it's his 1st lose not loss.
  • Gym Leader says 'asume' and not 'assume'

Ranch.jpg

Look at the Defence Stat; Knocks the Number to the next line, Maybe De-Capitalizing them ?

Ranch3.jpg

Tile Error ?

Ranch2.jpg

Another Tile Error ? You shouldn't be able to see Grass moving through a tree :?

Overall tho, A very nice demo and well worth my time in it, I await the 2nd one :)

Last edited:
Years
Sorry for the double post but, the haunted mansion seems that so not haunted....
If you recoloured the Walls, Floors, with the furniture onto a new tileset then used it for the ghost place, then it looks better!

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
It's just a mansion that is dark and has a ghost Pokémon there, If I had a Ghost in my bedroom and it was always dark, I'd say it was haunted :P

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
While playing Rancher, I uploaded the initial game file (Pokémon Rancher Demo.exe) to other File Hosters, I hope you don't mind PoKéMaKeR ?

Exactly 1 hour Game Time has passed and I have 7 Pokémon and 1 Gym Badge :)

Very nice demo, I quite liked it, I do hope there will be more detail in those places I visited in this one as it did seem kinda plain :)

Now then;
  • The Yellow and Red Text Box in Battle; Personally I don't think it looks right :?​
  • Hero Sprite, I personally don't think it is any good, it is the one from Diamond right ? I never really liked it to be honest and it doesn't seem to fit in with the other Sprites ?​
  • Starter Names, They don't see to imaginative for me, Maybe a re-think ?​
  • New Grass(The one where you can encounter Pokémon, Seems to plain and I don't think it fits the surroundings?​
  • Getting healed after 1st Rival battle, normally you get fully healed after it, I wasn't and almost lost in a wild encounter :(​
  • In-Battle Poké Sprites, Looks so weird seeing ?'s attacking each other O.o​
  • Team Galactic Sprites and Gym Leaders In-Battle Sprites look too big​
  • Some stuff needs to be De-Capitalized, I.E. Pokémon's names and etc...​
  • Haunted Mansion 1F; The Galactic guy in the bottom righ corner talked to me once and then a second latter said the same thing and battled me and it was a doubler battle with another person :? I had battled the person at the top and I battled the Mmddle person straight faterwards so maybe a glitch ?​
  • Buying Pokemon, nice, how about been able to sell Pokemon ?​
  • Relic Town, 4 Houses and only one availabe ? It wouldn't have mattered if it was arandom old person saying somethng random lol, There was also no-one to ask you if you knew how to catch a Pokémon or anything ?​
  • 1st Battle after Relic town, the person is called Mat, It looks weird, maybe with 2 t's ? also he says it's his 1st lose not loss.​
  • Gym Leader says 'asume' and not 'assume'​

Ranch.jpg

Look at the Defence Stat; Knocks the Number to the next line, Maybe De-Capitalizing them ?

Ranch3.jpg

Tile Error ?

Ranch2.jpg

Another Tile Error ? You shouldn't be able to see Grass moving through a tree :?

Overall tho, A very nice demo and well worth my time in it, I await the 2nd one :)​

Now that's something I can use!
No I don't mind you uploading the demo, as long as you don't claim it to be yours.
About the screens that'll be fixed ;)

The Yellow and Red Text Box in Battle; Personally I don't think it looks right :?
What do you like to see then?
Hero Sprite, I personally don't think it is any good, it is the one from Diamond right ? I never really liked it to be honest and it doesn't seem to fit in with the other Sprites ?
I don't really feel the same, I do think I should change it, but that's not really needed right now.. (so that will be done eventually)
Starter Names, They don't see to imaginative for me, Maybe a re-think ?
I don't know if you know them, but they're not fake-mon, they're real D/P/P pokémon
New Grass(The one where you can encounter Pokémon, Seems to plain and I don't think it fits the surroundings?
Idem for this, it's originally D/P/P(?) so..:P
Getting healed after 1st Rival battle, normally you get fully healed after it, I wasn't and almost lost in a wild encounter :(
Good, that's handy I will change this;)
In-Battle Poké Sprites, Looks so weird seeing ?'s attacking each other O.o
I'm aware of this problem.. and I'm not sure but I think it is already fixed by wichu.
Team Galactic Sprites and Gym Leaders In-Battle Sprites look too big
I know but if I'd resize them to the correct sprite size (128x128) they would have sucked :P
Some stuff needs to be De-Capitalized, I.E. Pokémon's names and etc...
No, that's not right ;) (look at real pokémon games, always capitalized)
Haunted Mansion 1F; The Galactic guy in the bottom righ corner talked to me once and then a second latter said the same thing and battled me and it was a doubler battle with another person :? I had battled the person at the top and I battled the Mmddle person straight faterwards so maybe a glitch ?
I have to look into that... :\
Buying Pokemon, nice, how about been able to sell Pokemon ?
That's difficult to do, so it's not yet implented, but I think I will (it's not a promise)
Relic Town, 4 Houses and only one availabe ? It wouldn't have mattered if it was arandom old person saying somethng random lol, There was also no-one to ask you if you knew how to catch a Pokémon or anything ?
I know, but I asumed (without s:P) all gamers would know that by now;)
1st Battle after Relic town, the person is called Mat, It looks weird, maybe with 2 t's ? also he says it's his 1st lose not loss.
Ok I'll change the name (your the second one to tell me that), and I'll change the typo
Gym Leader says 'asume' and not 'assume'
I'll change that too!

Well thanks for your comments!
That haunted Mansion is nice
Sorry for the double post but, the haunted mansion seems that so not haunted....
If you recoloured the Walls, Floors, with the furniture onto a new tileset then used it for the ghost place, then it looks better!

No I disagree with that, it is haunted, there are ghosts, it doesn't have to be creepy, else I would have called it creepy mansion don't you think

It's just a mansion that is dark and has a ghost Pokémon there, If I had a Ghost in my bedroom and it was always dark, I'd say it was haunted :P

That's right ;)

Still, I would edit the tileset a bit to make it more creepy.

No, not now maybe later.. It doesn't have top priority

Thanks for the comments people, be on the lookout for the next update!

PoKéMaKeR

Auistle

seTranquility.
Years
Hmm. I can see you changed quite a bit. The battle screen looks the best out of the screenshots I can see so far; I like the colors of the HP boxes and text box. The D/P background is also a great touch, but I don't like the Kyledove's tiles; they're too overused. But of course, it's your choice to use the kind of tiles you want to use. Good luck, anyways. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back