• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
How could you allow the hero to run inside?
could you explain on it and how to do it

If you are using FR/LG, change the "Show name on entering" to 02

If you are using R/S/E, change the "Show name on entering" to 0F, and change the Type to Secret Base.

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
Jay the penguin said:
How could you allow the hero to run inside?
could you explain on it and how to do it

hinkage said:
If you are using FR/LG, change the "Show name on entering" to 02

If you are using R/S/E, change the "Show name on entering" to 0F, and change the Type to Secret Base.

Or you could use Hackmew's quick hex edit...

Found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=207026

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
So, does anybody here have an idea about making a script work on one map and then changing maps but still have the script run fluently?

Pretty much, my dilemma is that I want to recreate the script on this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWE41apkGSo&feature=fvwrel
from 0:50-1:06

I can make the script work until it leaves the map to Route 1, then it stops. Level scripts don't work when I force the player to move to Route 1, and script tiles don't work by the same conditions either. Do you guys ave any idea?

Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2011
So I may just be a crazy newbie, but here goes.

I'm thinking of making a hack. I already have most of the basic tools, I've read some tutorials, checked out the R&D board a bit, etc. The community and its products have all been very helpful, needless to say. However, I didn't find anything on this--maybe I didn't look hard enough, maybe no one else has had an interest, whatever.

Part of the concept for the hack involves some changes to the plot and mechanics of the Pokedex... Some or all of my questions may be outside the scope of a "Simple Questions" thread, but I'm not sure, so I'll post them here first.

1) I want the Dex to show full information (what normally displays when they're Caught) on most Pokemon and partial information (what normally displays when they're Seen) on all but the rarest Pokemon by default. However, I don't want the game to consider them Seen/Caught until they actually are, so just setting up a script to set those flags isn't enough. Any ideas how I would go about accomplishing this?

2) The player won't be able to catch legendaries, period. However, they will be encountered. (I assume setting their Catch Rate to 0 would be enough to accomplish this, but correct me if I'm wrong.) However, I want the Dex to treat them as if they were just captured once they've been KO'd, popping up with the entry and everything. Is this feasible? If so, how?

infersaime

Come and get me
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Can you put both Hoenn and Kanto(without the Sevii Islands) in one Firered/leafgreen rom?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Can you put both Hoenn and Kanto(without the Sevii Islands) in one Firered/leafgreen rom?

Probably. There's enough space on there for it, I guess, but whether you'd be able to tweak in the flying spots (see: not enough in the Sevii Isles combined for Hoenn, so you need to add some or do something shifty) and stuff is what matters. You can do it, yeah.

Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
When I try to open some routes in Pokemon Emerald for editing in Advance Map 1.95, I get the error message "ERROR: (ENotAPointer) AdvanceMapError(5): Value $DF1E0A". The value is different for each route that has this error. When I click past it, the Pokemon Encounter lists have been erased (which were what I've been editing with Advance Map).

I would imagine that this is because it's trying to reach a hex value that either doesn't exist, or is filled with stuff that can't be read properly, or something like that, but I'm relatively new to this, so I don't actually know. The only thing I've done is change the Pokemon Encounter charts, so as far as I know, I haven't done anything with scripting. Can anyone tell me what is going wrong?

ryanblst

Pokemon Balance Grey Creator
Years
I have a bit of an important question, this issue has been bugging me all day! Basically i inserted overworlds into a ruby rom, i changed the size of frame from 16x32 to 32x32 and for the first few it was fine but after the third overworld insertion something strange occurred! the overworlds got these streaky lines through them that only show up when the hack is played! can someone help me out please: heres a picture of the problem:
uh_oh__problem_can_anyone_help__by_ryanblst-d4g15jo.png

ryanblst

Pokemon Balance Grey Creator
Years
i have a big problem for you and you would be a genius if you know how to fix it! basically what happened is that i inserted new overworlds into my rom, i changed the fram size from 16x32 to 32x32 and this happened: the overworlds gained streaky lines through them which are only visible when the hack is played:

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
When I try to open some routes in Pokemon Emerald for editing in Advance Map 1.95, I get the error message "ERROR: (ENotAPointer) AdvanceMapError(5): Value $DF1E0A". The value is different for each route that has this error. When I click past it, the Pokemon Encounter lists have been erased (which were what I've been editing with Advance Map).

I would imagine that this is because it's trying to reach a hex value that either doesn't exist, or is filled with stuff that can't be read properly, or something like that, but I'm relatively new to this, so I don't actually know. The only thing I've done is change the Pokemon Encounter charts, so as far as I know, I haven't done anything with scripting. Can anyone tell me what is going wrong?

Advance Map 1.95 is buggy with ANYTHING related to data.
Whether you're changing/removing/adding/inserting anything, A-Map 1.95 will rape it and then laugh at you for being so gullible.

Use A-Map 1.92, and you'll never have these problems. As far as I know, the only safe thing in 1.95 is map editing. In fact, if you use 1.92, and clear out the Pokemon data, then re-add it, the map will work.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Advance Map 1.95 is buggy with ANYTHING related to data.
Whether you're changing/removing/adding/inserting anything, A-Map 1.95 will rape it and then laugh at you for being so gullible.

Use A-Map 1.92, and you'll never have these problems. As far as I know, the only safe thing in 1.95 is map editing. In fact, if you use 1.92, and clear out the Pokemon data, then re-add it, the map will work.
Wrong. I've gotten those problems with 1.92. If you've messed up the wild Pokemon list, you're screwed. Unless you want to hex edit it back, my advice would be to reuse the map for something that doesn't require wild Pokemon, like a town or house interior.

link12552

decade club
Years
I have a bit of an important question, this issue has been bugging me all day! Basically i inserted overworlds into a ruby rom, i changed the size of frame from 16x32 to 32x32 and for the first few it was fine but after the third overworld insertion something strange occurred! the overworlds got these streaky lines through them that only show up when the hack is played! can someone help me out please: heres a picture of the problem:

Make sure that the frames are inserted at offsets that end in 0, 4, 8, or C.

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
So, does anybody here have an idea about making a script work on one map and then changing maps but still have the script run fluently?

Pretty much, my dilemma is that I want to recreate the script on this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWE41apkGSo&feature=fvwrel
from 0:50-1:06

I can make the script work until it leaves the map to Route 1, then it stops. Level scripts don't work when I force the player to move to Route 1, and script tiles don't work by the same conditions either. Do you guys ave any idea?

What do you mean the script stops? I have made a level script, well technically three, that contiues across three masp without you controlling the player. Although it involved warping and not walking into the map, I believe it has the same concept. I used variables. Ill try to make a mock script and see what happens.

EDIT: Alright, so what I did was make a regular script I having my player walk two steps up along with another sprite. This would put us into the first tile of route 1. At the end of the NPC applymovement i had #raw 0x60 to hide sprite. I put another sprite, in the route 1 map, at the first tile the NPC would dissapear on, and once I entered route 1, the sprite automatically appears. There is a small point at wich both sprites are visible, but only a split second. In the tile script in Pallet Town, I set a variable for a level script to appear, and the level script in Route 1 activated right away. So it is possible, just a little gltichy in the one area. Sorry if this is hard to read, Im in a hurry. If you have questions just PM me.

Last edited:
Years
Time for a script question!!
Now to try and explain it...
I'm not sure how so here it goes...

I'm trying to get scripts to counter-act one another.
It's a lot like the Ruby script where you can't exit the first village until you've been to the Rivals house and seen Professor Birch.
I'm trying to do the exact same thing but I can't seem to get one script to kill the other.
If someone could help me out here, it would be great.

I'm hacking Pokemon Ruby using Pokescript.
(If you only know how to do it in XSE, please dumb it down a bit as I only use XSE to view the script in A-Map and configure parts of the script).

Scripts:
#org $findprofoak
setvar 5004 0x0
checkflag 0x201
if b_false goto $notdone

#org $notdone
lock
message $gotolab
$gotolab 1 =(No time for sightseeing,\nBetter go to Professor Oak's lab)
boxset 6
applymovement 0xFF $tolab
pausemove 0
release
end

#org $tolab
#raw 0x9
#raw 0xFE
This is the script that stops the player from going to a certain area.

#org $profnothere
lock
setvar 5005 0x1
message $nothere
$nothere 1 =(Professor Oak doesn't seem to be here,\nbetter ask his assistants)
boxset 6
setflag 0x201
release
end
This is the script that supposed to allow the player access to the next area.
What am I doing wrong?

Also, can someone tell me how to do the Spoiler thing? I have no idea how to do it lol
I'm new to any kind forums.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
Also, can someone tell me how to do the Spoiler thing? I have no idea how to do it lol
I'm new to any kind forums.
[spoiler]Text[/spoiler]

Copy and paste that exactly as it appears.

Scripts:
Spoiler:
This is the script that stops the player from going to a certain area.

Spoiler:
This is the script that supposed to allow the player access to the next area.
What am I doing wrong?

My suspicion is that your script breaks because there's no "end" at the part I added red text to -- you don't do anything after you check the flag, to handle the possibility of it being true. Depending on how PKSV compiles that, I would expect the game to reach the end of $findprofoak, and then continue right to the start of $notdone since there's nothing to separate them. This would result in $notdone being executed regardless of the result of checkflag.

"Release" and "end" at the end of $findprofoak should fix it.

Years
My suspicion is that your script breaks because there's no "end" at the part I added red text to -- you don't do anything after you check the flag, to handle the possibility of it being true. Depending on how PKSV compiles that, I would expect the game to reach the end of $findprofoak, and then continue right to the start of $notdone since there's nothing to separate them. This would result in $notdone being executed regardless of the result of checkflag.

"Release" and "end" at the end of $findprofoak should fix it.

Found the issue. I over looked the whole process and realized that I was trying to clear a flag that I hadn't even set to begin with. I have now figured that instead of clearflag, I needed setflag. It's working fine now. Thanks for the help and thanks for telling me how to do Spoiler!

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
I have an idea, but I'm not sure how to go about doing it or if it can be done. I want to use the daycare system to make a fusion system. I thought maybe I could use the "breeding only" form of evolution, but I'm not finding a full explanation of this term. However, if that works is there a way to add egg groups to the game? I'll keep checking this out, but any help would be fantastic.

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Okay I'm having alot of trouble with this pokemart script..

#dynamic 0x80000
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
pokemart @values
release
end

#org @values
#raw word 0x2
#raw word 0x5
#raw word 0xD
#raw word 0xE
#raw word 0xF
#raw word 0x10
#raw word 0x11
#raw word 0x12
#raw word 0x15
#raw word 0x16
#raw word 0x17
#raw word 0x18
#raw word 0x0
#raw word 0x0
#raw word 0x0

I mean the script seems fine to me but when I was testing after I buy something or sell something it chages the heros sprite and position after ending the conversation.
It even leaves my original hero sprite.

What do you think is the problem?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 24, 2015
Find the trainer you want to change in A-Map. Click on their sprite, then click "open script". This will open that trainer's script in xse.

Now look at the trainerbattle command in the script you just opened. The second hex number after it is the trainer's ID, which corresponds with the numbers in the "trainer selection" box of A-Trainer.

I think you can do the rest. :)

what is a hex number? thanks for the help :)

Also,is there a quicker way to edit maps? im currently clicking the left part of the tree setting it then the middle the the right the the left top etc etc, so to create a 100 trees its like 600 mouse clicks :(

Last edited:

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
south69_dallas said:
what is a hex number? thanks for the help

Hexidecimal is a number system with a base of 16. Hackmew's Comprehensive Scripting Guide (which comes with XSE) has a section ("Math" Lesson) that explains it in full. Read that.

south69_dallas said:
Also,is there a quicker way to edit maps? im currently clicking the left part of the tree setting it then the middle the the right the the left top etc etc, so to create a 100 trees its like 600 mouse clicks

To copy a lot of tiles for pasting: hold ctrl, then right click and drag to select the tiles you want. Now you can paste whole trees instead of doing it tile by tile! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back