The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon: General Discussions Pokémon Gaming Central
Next main Pokemon game

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central | Pokkén

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old 5 Days Ago (4:52 AM).
janejane6178's Avatar
janejane6178 janejane6178 is offline
     
    Join Date: Feb 2014
    Gender: Female
    Posts: 831
    When do u think GF r gonna announce a new Pokemon game?
    Thanks
    __________________
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #2    
    Old 5 Days Ago (5:28 AM).
    Radiating's Avatar
    Radiating Radiating is online now
    Take a moment to chill
    • PokéCommunity Daily
    • Silver Tier
     
    Join Date: Feb 2017
    Location: Minnesota, USA
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Calm
    Posts: 3,479
    2012- BW2
    2013- XY
    2014- ORAS
    2016- SM

    I'd say the announcement will come later this year or early next year. The game is expected to be a third version of S/M (Stars?).
    __________________
    Reply With Quote
      #3    
    Old 5 Days Ago (6:09 AM).
    Meyneth's Avatar
    Meyneth Meyneth is offline
    Glory to Mankind.
    • Crystal Tier
     
    Join Date: Oct 2014
    Nature: Quiet
    Posts: 8,413
    Expectations =/= Reality. Everyone thought we'd get Pokemon Grey and Pokemon Z too. I'm not saying it's unlikely or impossible, all I am saying is that if you set your heart on a third version of Sun and Moon (Why? They were awful!) you could end up disappointed.

    In any event, E3 is coming up. Nintendo always do a direct at E3, so perhaps we'll catch glimpses of it then.
    Reply With Quote
      #4    
    Old 5 Days Ago (7:01 AM).
    janejane6178's Avatar
    janejane6178 janejane6178 is offline
       
      Join Date: Feb 2014
      Gender: Female
      Posts: 831
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Meyneth View Post
      Expectations =/= Reality. Everyone thought we'd get Pokemon Grey and Pokemon Z too. I'm not saying it's unlikely or impossible, all I am saying is that if you set your heart on a third version of Sun and Moon (Why? They were awful!) you could end up disappointed.

      In any event, E3 is coming up. Nintendo always do a direct at E3, so perhaps we'll catch glimpses of it then.
      When is the E3?
      __________________
      Reply With Quote
        #5    
      Old 5 Days Ago (7:03 AM).
      Raffy98's Avatar
      Raffy98 Raffy98 is offline
      PEOPLE ARE AWESOME!
      • Crystal Tier
       
      Join Date: Jan 2017
      Location: Italy
      Age: 19
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Calm
      Posts: 602
      In my opinion, early next year maximum and Nintendo will have at least announced a new Pokèmon game. It's uncertain if they will keep the "astronomy" trend for the name though...
      __________________
      Video Games Collab
      Reply With Quote
        #6    
      Old 5 Days Ago (7:12 AM).
      janejane6178's Avatar
      janejane6178 janejane6178 is offline
         
        Join Date: Feb 2014
        Gender: Female
        Posts: 831
        I remember that ORAS were announced about 7 months after XY came out.. But I doubt it would happen again hehe
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #7    
        Old 5 Days Ago (7:56 AM).
        Meyneth's Avatar
        Meyneth Meyneth is offline
        Glory to Mankind.
        • Crystal Tier
         
        Join Date: Oct 2014
        Nature: Quiet
        Posts: 8,413
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by janejane6178 View Post
        When is the E3?
        June 13th, I think? Nintendo aren't holding an E3 event, but they actually are because they'll do directs and a livestream etc. Most of it will probably focus on the Switch, but I wouldn't be surprised if we got something Pokemon.
        Reply With Quote
          #8    
        Old 4 Days Ago (9:46 AM).
        Blue's Avatar
        Blue Blue is online now
        • Moderator
        • Platinum Tier
         
        Join Date: Jan 2008
        Location: United Kingdom
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Relaxed
        Posts: 19,050
        doubt they're gonna pull an announcement at E3, so unless there's a last-minute announcement at the end of May or beginning of June, then we'll prob hear about a sequel/prequel to Sun & Moon later this year. I don't think DP remakes will be announced this year, though that's ultimately what I want rn.
        __________________
        Reply With Quote
          #9    
        Old 4 Days Ago (11:57 AM).
        janejane6178's Avatar
        janejane6178 janejane6178 is offline
           
          Join Date: Feb 2014
          Gender: Female
          Posts: 831
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Blue View Post
          doubt they're gonna pull an announcement at E3, so unless there's a last-minute announcement at the end of May or beginning of June, then we'll prob hear about a sequel/prequel to Sun & Moon later this year. I don't think DP remakes will be announced this year, though that's ultimately what I want rn.

          Where do the games usually get announced?
          I remember that ORAS announcement came out of nowhere in the middle of May
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #10    
          Old 4 Days Ago (12:15 PM).
          Blue's Avatar
          Blue Blue is online now
          • Moderator
          • Platinum Tier
           
          Join Date: Jan 2008
          Location: United Kingdom
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Relaxed
          Posts: 19,050
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by janejane6178 View Post
          Where do the games usually get announced?
          I remember that ORAS announcement came out of nowhere in the middle of May
          Spoiler:


          that's a timeline of all the game related stuff we've got in may over the years which is why may is perceived as an important month for pokemon.
          __________________
          Reply With Quote
            #11    
          Old 4 Days Ago (1:21 PM).
          janejane6178's Avatar
          janejane6178 janejane6178 is offline
             
            Join Date: Feb 2014
            Gender: Female
            Posts: 831
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Blue View Post
            Spoiler:


            that's a timeline of all the game related stuff we've got in may over the years which is why may is perceived as an important month for pokemon.
            Thanks.
            I really hope we hear some news regarding a new game as soon as possible, especially since SuMo were released after 2 years break!!
            __________________
            Reply With Quote
              #12    
            Old 4 Days Ago (1:24 PM).
            EvilChameleon's Avatar
            EvilChameleon EvilChameleon is online now
            Just call me EC.
            • Gold Tier
             
            Join Date: Feb 2016
            Location: Youngstown, Ohio
            Age: 25
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 3,193
            For once, I actually think a main Pokemon game announcement will be during their E3 presentation, because it's something we've been waiting for for quite a long time. A main series Pokemon game that can be played on a TV. Major news!
            __________________
            For some people, small, beautiful events are what life is all about.
            Reply With Quote
              #13    
            Old 4 Days Ago (1:53 PM).
            janejane6178's Avatar
            janejane6178 janejane6178 is offline
               
              Join Date: Feb 2014
              Gender: Female
              Posts: 831
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by EvilChameleon View Post
              For once, I actually think a main Pokemon game announcement will be during their E3 presentation, because it's something we've been waiting for for quite a long time. A main series Pokemon game that can be played on a TV. Major news!
              Well, I actually don't really support that idea.. I think that the 3ds is perfect for Pokemon
              __________________
              Reply With Quote
                #14    
              Old 4 Days Ago (1:55 PM).
              EvilChameleon's Avatar
              EvilChameleon EvilChameleon is online now
              Just call me EC.
              • Gold Tier
               
              Join Date: Feb 2016
              Location: Youngstown, Ohio
              Age: 25
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 3,193
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by janejane6178 View Post
              Well, I actually don't really support that idea.. I think that the 3ds is perfect for Pokemon
              The 3DS started showing its limitations with the very first set of games; X and Y. Get into a double battle or horde battle and watch the frames run away screaming.
              __________________
              For some people, small, beautiful events are what life is all about.
              Reply With Quote
                #15    
              Old 4 Days Ago (2:17 PM).
              janejane6178's Avatar
              janejane6178 janejane6178 is offline
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2014
                Gender: Female
                Posts: 831
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by EvilChameleon View Post
                The 3DS started showing its limitations with the very first set of games; X and Y. Get into a double battle or horde battle and watch the frames run away screaming.
                Yes, you're right when considering this espect. What I mean is that I think that Pokemon should stay simple, and playing it on TV seems.. IDK.. weird hehe
                __________________
                Reply With Quote
                  #16    
                Old 4 Days Ago (2:25 PM).
                EvilChameleon's Avatar
                EvilChameleon EvilChameleon is online now
                Just call me EC.
                • Gold Tier
                 
                Join Date: Feb 2016
                Location: Youngstown, Ohio
                Age: 25
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 3,193
                Well you don't have to play it on the TV screen. Of the time I have spent with my Switch, most of it has been handheld mode. That doesn't mean I don't use TV mode, but most of the games I have look and run just fine in handheld mode.
                __________________
                For some people, small, beautiful events are what life is all about.
                Reply With Quote
                  #17    
                Old 4 Days Ago (4:45 PM).
                janejane6178's Avatar
                janejane6178 janejane6178 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Feb 2014
                  Gender: Female
                  Posts: 831
                  I really hope we're gonna get DP remakes..
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #18    
                  Old 4 Days Ago (10:36 PM).
                  Rainbow's Avatar
                  Rainbow Rainbow is offline
                  スターダスト
                  • Moderator
                  • Platinum Tier
                  • PokéCommunity Daily
                  • Discord Moderoid
                  • Developer
                   
                  Join Date: May 2010
                  Location: The Medium
                  Gender: Female
                  Nature: Quirky
                  Posts: 4,655
                  I certainly think we'll be hearing about the next game soon. Though I think I'm in a minority, I'm hoping for a new original region rather than SM2 or DPPt remakes. We'll see though!
                  __________________
                  Reply With Quote
                    #19    
                  Old 4 Days Ago (3:23 AM).
                  janejane6178's Avatar
                  janejane6178 janejane6178 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Feb 2014
                    Gender: Female
                    Posts: 831
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
                    I certainly think we'll be hearing about the next game soon. Though I think I'm in a minority, I'm hoping for a new original region rather than SM2 or DPPt remakes. We'll see though!
                    I hope you're right and we are about to get news soon..
                    Why would u wanna have a new region so soon? Sumo were released only a few months ago
                    __________________
                    Reply With Quote
                      #20    
                    Old 3 Days Ago (12:24 PM).
                    Maserati777's Avatar
                    Maserati777 Maserati777 is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2013
                      Age: 27
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 1,131
                      I think Stars is kind of a lame name for a 3rd game, Eclipse would be a better name.

                      However I think the next name will be a Gen 4 remake
                      Reply With Quote
                        #21    
                      Old 3 Days Ago (3:28 PM).
                      Luna's Avatar
                      Luna Luna is offline
                      Strawberry Jams
                      • Gold Tier
                       
                      Join Date: May 2014
                      Location: England
                      Age: 18
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Adamant
                      Posts: 2,901
                      Honestly if we don't get an announcement for a game at the end of this month or at the beginning of June/E3, it could be a while before an announcement is made, with small teasers in the summer or something.
                      __________________
                      Reply With Quote
                        #22    
                      Old 3 Days Ago (8:16 AM).
                      janejane6178's Avatar
                      janejane6178 janejane6178 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Feb 2014
                        Gender: Female
                        Posts: 831
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Maserati777 View Post
                        I think Stars is kind of a lame name for a 3rd game, Eclipse would be a better name.

                        However I think the next name will be a Gen 4 remake
                        I hope you're right.. I would love to see gen 4 remake
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                          #23    
                        Old 1 Day Ago (3:15 PM).
                        Brendino's Avatar
                        Brendino Brendino is offline
                        We all make mistakes.
                        • Super Moderator
                        • Crystal Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Dec 2009
                        Location: Keelah Si'yah
                        Nature: Quiet
                        Posts: 7,183
                        I'm not holding my breath for another main series release to come this year, as much as I'd like to see one. I mean, I could be wrong and we hear something around E3, but I honestly don't expect anything prior to next April.
                        __________________
                        Reply With Quote
                          #24    
                        Old 1 Day Ago (12:54 AM).
                        Hikamaru's Avatar
                        Hikamaru Hikamaru is offline
                        Sacred Hearts Club
                        • Platinum Tier
                         
                        Join Date: Mar 2011
                        Location: Australia
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Female
                        Nature: Quirky
                        Posts: 45,199
                        Something tells me this year will be 2015 all over again, which was the first year with no new main series release since 2011 (yes I know that was the year Black/White came out, but only outside of Japan) as far as I recall.

                        I feel that we may be going from a new main series entry every year, to rather being every two years, and that means generations may be getting shorter, since 6th Gen lasted pretty much the same amount of time as 5th Gen, in that both had only two main series releases. 7th Gen might follow this pattern once again, with another 3-year generation.

                        Going by this logic, we probably may have to wait until 2018 for a new main series game at the earliest.
                        __________________
                        pair | tumblr | twitter | poketrivia | supporter
                        Reply With Quote
                          #25    
                        Old 23 Hours Ago (8:58 AM).
                        janejane6178's Avatar
                        janejane6178 janejane6178 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Feb 2014
                          Gender: Female
                          Posts: 831
                          I hope you are wrong cuz I wasn't that satisfied with Sun and Moon.. I want a new game
                          __________________
                          Reply With Quote
                          Reply
                          Quick Reply

                          Sponsored Links
                          Thread Tools

                          Posting Rules
                          You may not post new threads
                          You may not post replies
                          You may not post attachments
                          You may not edit your posts

                          BB code is On
                          Smilies are On
                          [IMG] code is On
                          HTML code is Off

                          Forum Jump


                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:40 AM.