• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How will you go through your first Playthrough of B/W2??

Years
I will be using pokemon that aren't competitively viable outside of NU. My favourite, Hypno, is guaranteed a spot, and I'd like to try rain dance Seismitoad, too. I intend to stay spoiler-free as to the plot of the game, but I don't extend my game by exploring every inch, though I do enjoy to read what the people in Unova have to say. I use the same team throughout the whole game.

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I often play Pokémon games this way: when they first come out in Japan, I play them as fast as I can (it usually takes around 2 or 3 days) and I keep on playing it till they come out in Spain. Then, I buy the opposite version I played in Japanese (well, that didn't happen with HG/SS, I played the japanese HG version but I bought both HG and SS) and play it slowly and calmly, talking to everyone, catching every Pokémon and, basically, completing the whole game.

Sirfetch’d

Anybody thinking about ditching your starter at the beginning of the game and just playing with regular pokemon that weren't available in Black and White? I know that I am. I will train my snivy post-game so I can ev train it, but I know that I will be catching a mareep and riolu very early on and making them the staple of my teams. Who will you use?

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
I'll take it slowly and steadily, much as I did in the previous games. I would explore every corner and battle all trainers that come my way.

I don't want to spoil myself yet, but there are times when I'm too lazy to battle all trainers and just sneak past them.

Years
Well after my white experience I will not have a preplanned team because in my first and only play through of white I planned on using Zebstrika which failed XD! With my White 2 I will go slowly through the game not like my first White which I had a badge a day XD! And I might go with the card thing you mentioned in my Black 2 and also play through my Black 2 slowly! :) XD

PokemonMaster Red

Pokemon Master
Years
I might play through black 2 as a normal playthrough with a preplanned team or just wing it. Then for White 2 I would play through it using a team made from 6 of the 7 Eeveelutions( Eevee's Evolution's). Or 4 eeveeloutions an hm slave and a lucario just because lucario is badass.

Kieran_90

That guy that you think you remember
Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2015
I'll do what I always forget to do - every area I catch them all. I'll use pokemon.marriland.com 's Black/Whaite 2 Walkthrough, also using a walkthrough for the hidden items. I'll do the equivelent o a solo run, but train 5 other pokemon on Audinos and only one for trainers (rpob Oshawott)

Inferna

hello stranger, i'm a disaster
Years
First time I think I'm just going to catch anything, so many awesome pokemon have been added <3 second time will be a nuzlocke :3 planning to get white 2 I think!

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
I'll play like a nerd battling and talking to every single character in the game and using a pre-planned team. I'll dump my starter because there are finally many cool non-Unova pokemon that I want to use like Crobat, Eevee and Ampharos *_*

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
I'll go through the game normally like I have with just about any other game~! Though to be honest, I think I should train my Pokemon bit more too, in case the difficulty is a bit harder this time around, haha.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Usually when I play I rush through the game and try to beat the E4 as fast as possible. This time I am gonna talk to everyone, get all the items, catch a lot of Pokemon's, explore all the areas.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
As I have done with every pokemon game the first time through. Nice and slow, so I can take time to enjoy the plot etc.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I'll go through it normally, I may trade over some Pokemon early on in the game like a Deerling with an egg move or something but nothing that'll completely throw off the legitimacy of it, like a level 100 Mewtwo. :p

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
I'm gonna take it slow, do lot's of grinding, work my way towards completing my pokedex, pay attention to the story.. Not Usain Bolt style. I've gone through too many games that way lol.

Years
I'm going to play it at my own pace. No need to rush and finish it in a few days. I won't have much time to play it, anyway.

I have a fairly good idea on who I'm starting out with this time around (Snivy, choose Oshawott in Black). As well as who I'm catching in the beginning and using throughout the game. Alas, I spoiled it for myself already.

Back