• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What type do you think you're best at using?

What type are you best at using?

• Bug

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dark

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Dragon

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Fighting

• Fire

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Flying

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Ghost

• Grass

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Ground

• Ice

• Normal

• Poison

• Psychic

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steel

• Water

Votes: 9 20.9%

• Total voters

Infernova

Simple Philosopher
Years
Hey guys. So I know there a lot of you looking at this post title and thinking, "What does he mean? How can your skill with one type be different than with another?" Well, I'll tell you now, there are some of us who are better at using rock types over psychic types, etc. This thread is where you can share with us what type you have a link with. As for me, fire types. I have found their offensive skill quite weildable myself. What about you others?

Mentalii

Back
Years
I'm the best at using water types, and since my first Pokémon game. It's mainly that I better know their moves, their stats and else than the other types I guess.

rayan.b

i like cinnamon :)
Years
even though steel is my favorite type and i use steel mono teams all the time I'm best in using electric types but i still use the steel types cuz its my fav (I'm still good in steel types and i have been honored for the title of steel gym leader in pokemon-online several times)

i like cinnamon :)

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
My favorite most used type is psychic, however I'm better at using Grass types. Bug types would be runner up. Mostly because Shuckle is so cool.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
Not my favorite type, but I'm fairly good at using any dragon Pokemon. Honestly, they have only 2 weaknesses, they're strong and can learn a lot of different attacks. The only hard thing about dragons is training them, but that's got nothing to do with using them...

Although I wish I was as good with electric types as I am with dragon types, since that's my favorite type, but I'm just not xD

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Mostly Ghost. I always switch to a Ghost-type when battling exploding-happy Pokemon. Not to mention that when using Ghosts, it's very easy to keep their weaknesses in check. If the opponent also has another Ghost, then it becomes a game to see which Pokemon has the highest speed. And Dark-types are easily counter-able, considering how widespread are Fighting-type moves.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
Years
I'm best at using Grass types, because I am good at making good use of their versatility; especially with their ability to sustain themselves and effectively control their opponents with various status effects.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'm best at using Water Pokemon because they're weak to only 2 types alone, but they also have good neutral coverage offensively.

Years
I'm best at using Water-types cos they have very little weaknesses and they are always handy to have on your team. I'm technically more better at using Special-based Water-types cos I use Surf a lot.

Infernova

Simple Philosopher
Years
Well, I guess I didn't explain myself enough. I know fire types' moves and stats better than any other type. Mainly because I screwed up in my diamond game and only ever trained my infernape. My other bests would have to be ground and water. I know fire types well, so I also know how to put fire out. My main stratedgy with fire types is the whole "KO your opponent before they KO you" thing. I find SA and speed to be the way to go in battle while also coordinating a little Physical Attacks in at the same time.

Last edited:

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
Years
For me, thats a pretty difficult question to answer, but i think i'm probably the best with water types. I'm good with Fire, Grass, Rock and Electric but, i think i'm better with Water.

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
I'm best at using Water, Fighting and Dragon type Pokemon. I'm good with all the other types but definitely the 3 types mentioned.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'm guessing I"m really good with normal type Pokemon, most of my favorite Pokemon are also normal types. If TM/HM count, many normal Pokemon can learn some moves from other types. One quick example, my Persian, I usually keep two electrical attacks (Thunderbolt and Thunder) and two other.

Normal types are for me.

TY

Dragon types... they have a lot of advantages... most are multityped, when not they are only weak against Dragon and Ice...

Most dragon mons have good movepools and great stats, making it great to have one on your side...

Years
I use Fighting-types the best. The sheer power they bring to the table is phenomenal and they usually need one extra move to have good coverage. I always make sure to include one Fighting-type in my team.

Years
I've been mono-steel with Aggron for a mascot since gen 3. I don't always include STAB Steel moves but I'm effective at countering ground and fire types who always try to give me a tough time. Except Gliscor, I hate Toxic Orb Gliscor.
Recently I had a mono type challenge against my friend, he chose fire to counter steel. Bronzong set up Sandstorm, I do as much gyro ball and toxic damage as I can before he takes me out. I then turn to Scarfed Sand Rush Excadrill who proceeds to OHKO every member of his team with Earthquake. That was a good day.

Teresa Kent

Banned
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2012
I must say Water types are my favourite since I am good in them. But I like Electric as well..

Back