• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
I didn't think that poster leak was real until now, or if I'd even like it. But after seeing the footage, I've grown attached.

Still unsure if it's Mewthree or Mewtwo's Awakening Form though. It does seem to be treated as a brand new Pokemon rather than a new form, so Mewthree is the most obvious of the two. Though they could be covering that detail up that it's a new form, as it does seem to be appearing in the new movie, according to that poster. Both are really good possibilities.

IMO, this also pretty much confirms the genetics theme of X/Y. The evil team of the game could've experimented on Mewtwo, giving him this form, or cloned Mewthree from him.

Years
So far the Pokémon haven't disappointed unlike Unova with Trubish.

It seems Gf is going to keep us guessing on almost everything until the game...it makes me look forward to the games even more so I'm guessing that's what they're aiming for ^_^

they've got us right where they want us to keep us occupied until october. and i love them for it <3

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Problem is that it looks too similar to Mewtwo. The facial features, the headtail, they scream alternate forme to me, not a new Pokémon.

I'll like it if it turns out to be Mewthree, but IMO Mewtwo is the KING and deserves a new form, considering other powerhouses have other formes too. Breaking paradigms, I'd say.

Besides, it's just a new forme. If you're one of those genwunners, you can keep your Mewtwo in original forme and use that instead. Depending on what they do with the stat spread, the original might be even more efficient in combat. Therian Thundurus is worse than Incarnate Thundurus.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Seems good to me.
So many people on facebook don't like it, I don't see why though.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Well, I had my hopes up and now they've deflated like a balloon. I never liked Mewtwo in the first place and this thing... eggplant toes and an enormous head? I guess it's not that bad... it's simplistic, and I at least like that. Also its eyes look really cool. But like someone mentioned above, this Mewtwo-like thing indicates that X and Y is going to be about genetics (even though you probably could have guessed lol) which I totally love. Still have a lot of hope and optimism towards Gen 6 because I adore Sylveon, really like the starters, and am impressed with the legendaries.

Piplup - Hacker

Scripter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Sylveon's japanese name was released the same day it was released in Corcoro Magazine.
The english name then came within a week.

Years
Problem is that it looks too similar to Mewtwo. The facial features, the headtail, they scream alternate forme to me, not a new Pokémon.

what is nidoran f and nidoran m

what is mew and mewtwo

what is volbeat and illumise

i dont think we have patterns to go off of here, i don't think we can sanely conclude whether or not it is a new pokémon to be honest.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Not sure how I feel about this one tbh. I really hope its not a form of Mewtwo. If its not a form of Mewtwo, I think ill like it. I dont see a purpose for adding a new form to an original Pokemon :/

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Great another Person who doesn't hate it :)

The movie site had two shapes below Mewtwo...so may we have yet another forme to see? Maybe they've saved the other one for reveal in Corocoro. Hopefully they'll elaborate on what this Pokémon really is, though I doubt it given they didn't elaborate on the starters, Mascots, and Sylveon beyond what was already revealed except for their weight, and height.

A3R0D4C7YL

Dark Type Master
Years
  • WA
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
It's probably just another Mewtwo form. Cause, i mean,Mewtwo's Awakening doesn't sound like it has anything to do with a 'Mewthree' in it. And i don't know why people are hating it, just because it's not in gen I (an original pokemon)...i hate genwunners. All generations have their ups and downs! I think it actually looks pretty cool :)

blue

gucci
Years
aaaand the humor is rolling in.
BHNU5oiCEAEWMIH.png

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
what is nidoran f and nidoran m

what is mew and mewtwo

what is volbeat and illumise

i dont think we have patterns to go off of here, i don't think we can sanely conclude whether or not it is a new pokémon to be honest.

There's way more difference between Mew and Mewtwo than there is between Mewtwo and the new Pokémon.

Nidorans and Volbeat/Illumise aren't a good argument since they're gender-related counterparts.

It's not a matter of patterns, but common sense. All of Deoxys' formes are substantially different from each other, yet you can still recognize each forme as Deoxys, because each has a few of Deoxys' distinguishing features.

Moreover, the new movie is going to star Mewtwo, and not a completely new Pokémon as previous movies have.

-Slick-

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 30, 2017
The official website is leaning more toward the direction of it being a new pokemon rather than a form
34jeibp.jpg

I wish neither was real though...but if it is indeed a new pokemon and not a form, I can bet that this is another clone of Mew

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Don't particularly like it, and whether it's a new form or a new pokemon entirely doesn't do much to change my mind on that. Doubt I'd actually ever use it anyways. Hoping the reveal wasn't the leaked poster, but hey, still a lot of unknowns left.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm going to have to stop gloating now. I called Formes.

Cyclone

Back