The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Game Development Scripts, Tutorials & Tools
Essentials Script Rock Climb with Overworld Animation

Scripts, Tutorials & Tools This forum is for scripts and code, as well as all kinds of tutorials, software, tools and so forth. Remember to give credit!
The thread revival limit does not apply here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1    
Old September 8th, 2018 (2:08 PM).
Ulithium_Dragon's Avatar
Ulithium_Dragon Ulithium_Dragon is offline
     
    Join Date: Jul 2015
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Timid
    Posts: 89
    Update Released:

    v1.1:
    - The script now includes a standalone already-set-up Rock Climbing HM compatible with both PE v16 and v17+.
    __________________

    [PokéMounts] [Warp Tile Animation Tutorial] [Fall Down Hole Animation Tutorial] [PokéCenter Monitor Icons] [Dependent Events Use Running Sprites]
    Reply With Quote
      #2    
    Old September 9th, 2018 (6:05 AM).
    WolfPP's Avatar
    WolfPP WolfPP is offline
       
      Join Date: Aug 2018
      Location: Brazil
      Gender: Male
      Nature: Jolly
      Posts: 161
      Hey! I really want to add but i try to install the move with tutorial and stop in 'in Game_Map_' :/ im usin v17.2 and i dont see that title usin ctrl shift f. How can i do?

      Ty ty!
      Reply With Quote
        #3    
      Old September 9th, 2018 (9:40 AM).
      Ulithium_Dragon's Avatar
      Ulithium_Dragon Ulithium_Dragon is offline
         
        Join Date: Jul 2015
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Timid
        Posts: 89
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by WolfPP View Post
        Hey! I really want to add but i try to install the move with tutorial and stop in 'in Game_Map_' :/ im usin v17.2 and i dont see that title usin ctrl shift f. How can i do?

        Ty ty!
        Can you give me the exact error message please...?
        __________________

        [PokéMounts] [Warp Tile Animation Tutorial] [Fall Down Hole Animation Tutorial] [PokéCenter Monitor Icons] [Dependent Events Use Running Sprites]
        Reply With Quote
          #4    
        Old September 9th, 2018 (11:00 AM).
        WolfPP's Avatar
        WolfPP WolfPP is offline
           
          Join Date: Aug 2018
          Location: Brazil
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Jolly
          Posts: 161
          Oh, i mean, i try to add Rock Climb with that link (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=248014) but idk where is 'Game_Map_' and 'Walk_Run' scripts into v17.2 :/ i stop in there lol cuz idk where i find. im newbie, sorry,
          Reply With Quote
            #5    
          Old September 9th, 2018 (12:03 PM). Edited September 9th, 2018 by Ulithium_Dragon.
          Ulithium_Dragon's Avatar
          Ulithium_Dragon Ulithium_Dragon is offline
             
            Join Date: Jul 2015
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Timid
            Posts: 89
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by WolfPP View Post
            Oh, i mean, i try to add Rock Climb with that link (https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=248014) but idk where is 'Game_Map_' and 'Walk_Run' scripts into v17.2 :/ i stop in there lol cuz idk where i find. im newbie, sorry,
            You don't need to use that script anymore. Its very old. This resource now comes with Rock Climb already set up.
            __________________

            [PokéMounts] [Warp Tile Animation Tutorial] [Fall Down Hole Animation Tutorial] [PokéCenter Monitor Icons] [Dependent Events Use Running Sprites]
            Reply With Quote
              #6    
            Old September 9th, 2018 (2:07 PM).
            WolfPP's Avatar
            WolfPP WolfPP is offline
               
              Join Date: Aug 2018
              Location: Brazil
              Gender: Male
              Nature: Jolly
              Posts: 161
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ulithium_Dragon View Post
              You don't need to use that script anymore. Its very old. This resource now comes with Rock Climb already set up.
              AI SIM!

              So, i "plug and play". Edit to terrain tag 17 and 18. Paste the folder

              When im play the game and talk with rock, and USE the move, appears this:

              Code:
              ---------------------------
              Pokemon Essentials
              ---------------------------
              [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
              
              Exception: TypeError
              
              Message: cannot convert nil into String
              
              Compiler:644:in `+'
              
              Compiler:644:in `canonicalize'
              
              Compiler:642:in `each'
              
              Compiler:642:in `canonicalize'
              
              BitmapCache:372:in `load_bitmap'
              
              ====UlithiumRockClimb:236:in `pbRockClimbAscendFrames'
              
              ====UlithiumRockClimb:120:in `pbAscendRock'
              
              ====UlithiumRockClimb:210:in `pbRockClimb'
              
              ====UlithiumRockClimb:250
              
              ====UlithiumRockClimb:247:in `call'
              Reply With Quote
                #7    
              Old September 9th, 2018 (2:10 PM).
              Ulithium_Dragon's Avatar
              Ulithium_Dragon Ulithium_Dragon is offline
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2015
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Timid
                Posts: 89
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by WolfPP View Post
                AI SIM!

                So, i "plug and play". Edit to terrain tag 17 and 18. Paste the folder

                When im play the game and talk with rock, and USE the move, appears this:

                Code:
                ---------------------------
                Pokemon Essentials
                ---------------------------
                [Pokémon Essentials version 17.2]
                
                Exception: TypeError
                
                Message: cannot convert nil into String
                
                Compiler:644:in `+'
                
                Compiler:644:in `canonicalize'
                
                Compiler:642:in `each'
                
                Compiler:642:in `canonicalize'
                
                BitmapCache:372:in `load_bitmap'
                
                ====UlithiumRockClimb:236:in `pbRockClimbAscendFrames'
                
                ====UlithiumRockClimb:120:in `pbAscendRock'
                
                ====UlithiumRockClimb:210:in `pbRockClimb'
                
                ====UlithiumRockClimb:250
                
                ====UlithiumRockClimb:247:in `call'
                Looks like you didnt install the graphics that came with this resource. Make sure to merge the Graphics folder that came with this resource with yours.
                __________________

                [PokéMounts] [Warp Tile Animation Tutorial] [Fall Down Hole Animation Tutorial] [PokéCenter Monitor Icons] [Dependent Events Use Running Sprites]
                Reply With Quote
                  #8    
                Old September 9th, 2018 (2:23 PM).
                WolfPP's Avatar
                WolfPP WolfPP is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Aug 2018
                  Location: Brazil
                  Gender: Male
                  Nature: Jolly
                  Posts: 161
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Ulithium_Dragon View Post
                  Looks like you didnt install the graphics that came with this resource. Make sure to merge the Graphics folder that came with this resource with yours.
                  Oh! Its a Autotiles? Or Tilesets, i mean, normal? I merge to my "normal" Tileset, not a autotile.

                  Ty ty
                  Reply With Quote
                    #9    
                  Old September 9th, 2018 (4:25 PM).
                  Ulithium_Dragon's Avatar
                  Ulithium_Dragon Ulithium_Dragon is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2015
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Timid
                    Posts: 89
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by WolfPP View Post
                    Oh! Its a Autotiles? Or Tilesets, i mean, normal? I merge to my "normal" Tileset, not a autotile.

                    Ty ty
                    No, no... The GRAPHICS folder that came with this reasource contains all of the pictures used for the animation. From your error message it sounds like you don't have them installed.
                    __________________

                    [PokéMounts] [Warp Tile Animation Tutorial] [Fall Down Hole Animation Tutorial] [PokéCenter Monitor Icons] [Dependent Events Use Running Sprites]
                    Reply With Quote
                      #10    
                    Old September 9th, 2018 (5:47 PM).
                    WolfPP's Avatar
                    WolfPP WolfPP is offline
                       
                      Join Date: Aug 2018
                      Location: Brazil
                      Gender: Male
                      Nature: Jolly
                      Posts: 161
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Ulithium_Dragon View Post
                      No, no... The GRAPHICS folder that came with this reasource contains all of the pictures used for the animation. From your error message it sounds like you don't have them installed.
                      OMG. I paste into Graphics/Animations, not Graphics/Pictures/(make a)Animations/

                      Really sorry! AND REALLY THANK YOU for you pacience :D :D :D
                      Reply With Quote
                        #11    
                      Old September 9th, 2018 (6:29 PM).
                      Ulithium_Dragon's Avatar
                      Ulithium_Dragon Ulithium_Dragon is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2015
                        Gender: Male
                        Nature: Timid
                        Posts: 89
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by WolfPP View Post
                        OMG. I paste into Graphics/Animations, not Graphics/Pictures/(make a)Animations/

                        Really sorry! AND REALLY THANK YOU for you pacience :D :D :D
                        I just expected everyone to extract the Graphics folder itself, not it's internal contents.

                        I named the subfolder "Animations" because I intend to make more overworld effects like this one and wanted them all in one joint folder vs. each having their own.
                        __________________

                        [PokéMounts] [Warp Tile Animation Tutorial] [Fall Down Hole Animation Tutorial] [PokéCenter Monitor Icons] [Dependent Events Use Running Sprites]
                        Reply With Quote
                          #12    
                        Old September 10th, 2018 (3:40 AM).
                        raki07 raki07 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Apr 2016
                          Posts: 32
                          Nice! Thank you Ulithium_Dragon!
                          Can I ask you that have you lava surfing for essential v17 and is possible to share it?
                          Anticipate thankses.
                          Reply With Quote
                          Reply

                          Quick Reply

                          Join the conversation!

                          Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                          Create a PokéCommunity Account
                          Thread Tools

                          Posting Rules
                          You may not post new threads
                          You may not post replies
                          You may not post attachments
                          You may not edit your posts

                          BB code is On
                          Smilies are On
                          [IMG] code is On
                          HTML code is Off

                          Forum Jump


                          All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:28 PM.