• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JADEN213

The Pokemon Trader and Give-r.
Years
Hi, whats the editor that edits the intro for pokemon advance game? For example pokemon fire red intro shows charizard and the firered logo. How do i edit that or whats the editor? It is possible since liquid crystal did the same thing :P

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hi, whats the editor that edits the intro for pokemon advance game? For example pokemon fire red intro shows charizard and the firered logo. How do i edit that or whats the editor? It is possible since liquid crystal did the same thing :P

There is no specific tool that allows you to change the title screen. Follow a tutorial like this one to alter it.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2011
is there a way to change the moves a pokemon event has other then changing the moves that pokemon learns

i wanted to make a ditto pokemon event where there is only one of him and its the only one that will have metronome

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
is there a way to change the moves a pokemon event has other then changing the moves that pokemon learns

i wanted to make a ditto pokemon event where there is only one of him and its the only one that will have metronome

Either you completely insert a new Pokémon or overwrite one.
If you don't/can't do that, then you'll have to use ASM.
As far as I know, nothing ASM-wise has been done about this kind of thing. :3

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
i think i done goofed...

when i change a map's dimensions to be bigger than they originally were, its right to assume they could potentially cross into another map's data, right? i made the final area of the pokemon league about 5 times larger so i could put it on a roof with clouds in the background with a bridge leading to the hall of fame tower. it was fine for the last few days after i made that change, but today i discovered that a few of the blocks in the tileset had become glitched/erased. i also noticed that two houses in one of my towns had lost their interiors. when i change one's it makes the same change to the other (edit: never mind on this one, it seems some houses are linked together this way). also, certain indoor tilesets have had blocks in them change without me ever touching them (edit: also figured this one out. the tiles that were changing were at the bottom of tileset 1 when i thought they were in 2, cuz they changed when i had a different tileset loaded for 2. i got this one figured out. still dont know why the interior of those houses dissappeared though). and its not new tiles in place of a previously transparent tile, it just the old tiles scrambled up in some parts of the blockset.

so far, it hasnt affected the overworld area (that ive noticed anyway, but its probably only a matter of time). is it possible to save the rom? i was planning on backing up all my tilesets, blocksets, maps, palettes, everything and importing it all into a fresh rom. if i do that, and just put everything back where it was, the problems would come back i assume? if so, how do i make it so that i can insert a large map into the game under the correct header, when the map im replacing is smaller than the one im importing? ive tried to make all my maps in similarly sized areas when possible, occasionally even sizing them down to make room.

if anyone could help me, itd be amazing. ive already mapped out 60% or so of the overworld, and a few interior areas. id hate to have to do them from scratch again

edit: well, i just tried to import it all into a new rom. i brought in my replacements for tilesets 0 and 1, with the new palettes, and for some reason it deleted all the blocks in the viridian, pewter, and some of the cerulean tilesets. wth?

Last edited:

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
I'm so confused by palette 6 on Emerald :S is it designated to the primary tileset (0) or the secondary tileset (1, 2, 3 etc.)?

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
I was testing GBA Pokemon Editor (this new tool with a lot of hack tools). It has item editor too and I tried to change tinymushroom into Dusk Stone. Everything was great I changed also effect which I couldn't do before (Field Usage Code Pointer) into evolutionary item. Unfortunately when I use new item the background becomes normal black but then nothing happens - game freezes. Can someone explain this?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I'm so confused by palette 6 on Emerald :S is it designated to the primary tileset (0) or the secondary tileset (1, 2, 3 etc.)?

Usually the pallette 6 in Ruby and Emerald is that on the Secondary Tileset, or at least from my experience.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I was testing GBA Pokemon Editor (this new tool with a lot of hack tools). It has item editor too and I tried to change tinymushroom into Dusk Stone. Everything was great I changed also effect which I couldn't do before (Field Usage Code Pointer) into evolutionary item. Unfortunately when I use new item the background becomes normal black but then nothing happens - game freezes. Can someone explain this?
You cannot hack a new evolutionary stone afaik. Something like that requires ASM.

Years
Ok, ik did use Hex Editor to change overworld, and I got Overworld Changer too work, but when I try to change the overworld size with both tools, my new overworld is not there in game, but they are in Advance Map.

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
as I know, ASM hacking requires c and c++ languages so i have a lot to learn. Anyway, I have problem with palettes. I wanted change HP Bar in Ruby but I can't find the REAL palette. unLZa.gba has image and "random" palette. My question: how to find the REAL palettes for images like HP Bars or battlescenes? colcolstyles made also transparent textbox with "Technology is incredible". Is here in the forum some kind of tutorial for that?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
as I know, ASM hacking requires c and c++ languages so i have a lot to learn. Anyway, I have problem with palettes. I wanted change HP Bar in Ruby but I can't find the REAL palette. unLZa.gba has image and "random" palette. My question: how to find the REAL palettes for images like HP Bars or battlescenes? colcolstyles made also transparent textbox with "Technology is incredible". Is here in the forum some kind of tutorial for that?

The first question is easy-ish. In VBA, open the Pallette Viewer, find the pallette that appears closer to the HP Bar. List all of the numbers in that pallette, like this (for example):

ABCD EF12 3456 7890 etc, then flip the pairs, so you get:
CDAB 12EF 5634 9078

Open a Hex Editor, search this newly reversed load of HEX, make a mental note of the offset, open APE, go to that offset and edit the pallette.

Easier to do than explain.

As for the 2nd, ask colcolstyles and hope he tells you. He may not, due to the uniqueness, or if it was something for his sig.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years

What Colcolstyles did requires a vast amount of ASM. It's something that takes a while to learn. There are a few ASM tutorials in the forums, but nothing quite as complicated. I'd recommend you look at them before you try anything too complex with ASM. :3

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years

ASM does not require C or C++, it just makes things a little easier.

Rasen

ASM is very cool!
Years
Thanks guys, you're awesome!
You helped me a lot!

But now I need the help again because of this questions:

1. Can I also change textbox palette? (VBA method)
2. I saw Sky's tutorial on youtube "Pokemon Ruby title screen tutorial" or something like that. He made tileset of 8x8 blocks (that was probably Flareon) but the blocks were ordered and created almost full picture. I tried do it in Sphere but program cutted image into "random position blocks" (not ordered). How to order blocks to form almost full picture? I can't move blocks in Sphere...
3. Some questions about ASM:
a. Tutorial (link needed)
b. What program (editor) is needed for hacking
c. Is is possible to do 649 pokemon? if almost everything can be done by ASM, so what's with adding new pokemon to game?

Thanks in advance

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2012
Anyone knows which NARC in Pokemon Black / White contains the data for:
-roaming Pokemon?
-swarming Pokemon?

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2011
Hacking Newbie - Some Questions

Hey guys. I discovered the site of hacking, but I have some quesitons, maybe you can help me:

1. When I plan a new hack, what can I do on the NDS and what is possible on the GBA

2. Can I add new Pokemon in the the NDS/GBA Games?

3. Can I change the story in NDS Games?

4. Give it an list for tools for NDS Hacking and what can I do in NDS?

I ask it, because I want a Hack where can I can catch all Pokemon of five Generations and custom made Pokemon. I want an new story, can't see the storys anymore :D
If you want to help, I'll be very happy ;)
I prefer GBA ;)

Best Regards xEljero

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey guys. I discovered the site of hacking, but I have some quesitons, maybe you can help me:

1. When I plan a new hack, what can I do on the NDS and what is possible on the GBA

2. Can I add new Pokemon in the the NDS/GBA Games?

3. Can I change the story in NDS Games?

4. Give it an list for tools for NDS Hacking and what can I do in NDS?
1. NDS gives you more possibilities and better graphic, but GBA is easier to hack for begginers.

2. Yes you can but in GBA you are limited to 411 spaces. (386 original + 25 free spaces) but you can rewrite some of original with new ones.
In NDS I think it's possible to include all 649.

3. Yes, we have possibilities of hacking DS

4. It's somewhere... here :D

I ask it, because I want a Hack where can I can catch all Pokemon of five Generations and custom made Pokemon. I want an new story, can't see the storys anymore :D
If you want to help, I'll be very happy ;)
I prefer GBA ;)
I suppose you can have that in DSs... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back