• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[NU RMT] Team I Am The Walrus (Peaked at #1 on CAP NU Ladder)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Hi its me again D-A. After having a butt load of success in pretty much every tier with semi and heavy stall there was one ladder i hadn't done well with stall on and that was NU (and ubers but i dont care for that). NU stall is extremely hard to use, not only because the best Spikers in the tier recently went UU (Cloyster and Qwilfish) but the offensive Pokemon hit really hard. Due to this fact i felt weather stall was going to be easier to pull off as it wears down powerful sweepers fast along with entry hazards. In the end i went with hail because of Walrein being near unstoppable once it gets a sub up and so this this team is based around the cute, fat, awesome, fearsome Walrus.

CAP NU Ladder
1. D-A (1,642.64) <--moi
2. FUZZNIP (1,580.55)
3. PLUS (1,540.64)
4. MASTER12345_NU (1,527.36)
5. THE REAL ELMO (1,514.13)
6. HEYSUP (1,487.18)
7. CLASS (1,481.06)
8. REACHZERO (1,469.72)
9. SCEATS (1,446.42)
10. MONKEYMIZZLE (1,420.18)
11. TOSHIMELONHEAD (1,400.44)
12. LUPHROUS_NU (1,393.95)
13. VOICEOFREASON (1,390.30)
14. GENGARX777 (1,371.03)
15. JOLTEON17 (1,356.10)

Anyhow, this wasnt its peak (i think it was like 1680.something but i got haxed) anyway ive been very pleased with this team and id like your help smoothing over the edges. ^^

Team Overview

Spr_3e_028.gif
Spr_3e_315.gif
Spr_3e_356.gif
Snover.png
Spr_3e_199.gif
Spr_3e_365.gif

Team In Depth

180px-Fossil41Sandslash.jpg

Sandslash (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Sandslash is a pretty cool lead and ensure he beats the majority of physical leads with ease. Stealth Rock going up early ensures broken crap is kept in check pretty well right from the get go. Earthquake is for STAB so obviously isnt getting replaced whilst Stone Edge compliments it coverage wise and hits guys like Pinsir etc. Rapid Spin gives me a good probability that Stealth Rock WONT be up early for them which gives Walrein and Snover ALOT more breathing room. Sandlash is also my Skuntank counter and his rock resist help alot too. Additionally his electric immunity goes along way when dealing with junk like Magneton and what not.
~~~
roselia-096-common-diamond-&-pearl.jpg

Roselia (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Rest
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Energy Ball

As the best Spikers in the tier recently got moved up there wasnt much to really use here. Cacturne was my first choice with a bulky Synthesis/Encore/Spikes/<Attack move> set but i soon figured this would be dumb as in hail Synthesis doesnt heal much so he went. Pineco and Omanyte were next to be tried. Pineco has Pain Split whilst Omanyte has cool normal resistances and the defense stat of Celebi. In the end however i went with Roselia, firstly because Toxic Spikes were a complete ass to me so sucking them up is great. Secondly it hits all the good Spinners very hard thanks to its base 100 special attack and lastly Natural Rest abuse is just great so Roselia was ensured a place. Spikes is my next and last layer of residual damage and once those are up Walrein enjoys shuffling them around with Roar to wear down its counters. Energy Ball is for stab whilst HP Fire is for coverage, that and it hits Magneton and other grass types well. Rest as said is for healing. For those of you in doubt, Roselia takes hits pretty well on the special side failing to be 2hko'd by both Magneton and Haunter which is pretty cool. Its numerous resistances also let it come in rather easily especially on set up fodder like Quagsire. The evs arent that specific, max hp enough to take special hits decently and a sprinkle in defence to help coming in on stuff like Quagsire EQ's.
~~~
180px-TCG_DP_Dusclops.jpg

Dusclops (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/106 Def/152 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Will-o-wisp
- Seismic Toss
- Rest

Dusclops is my anti spin and using this highly unorthodox set he really is an MVP who has stopped me getting swept numerous times as ill explain in a minute. Will-o-Wisp and Seismic Toss are a standard fare to cripple physical sweepers, add to residual damage and to stop pursuit users and just do damage respectively. Curse however isnt standard and it needs explaining so you can understand its use fully and no its no "zomg noob!" before you ask haha. Anyways Curse is a great move to have around. Ever found yourself stuck against Cradily, Miltank or Curse Quagsire as the last pokemon and you are unable to PHaze it ? Well those days are over. Curse creates a pseudo status affliction which makes the target loose 25% of its health each turn so even if the foe heals its still very screwed. As a cool little side not, Curses CAN be stacked and the damage increases with 25% with each successful Curse i pull off. So 2 Curses and the foe lose 50% of their health, 3 = 75% and 4 they get OHKO'd. Rest is for healing as Curse comes at a high price, it costs you 50% of YOUR health so it really helps in that regard. Dusclops has alot of S.Def evs for the rather broken Venomoth.
~~~
snover-101.jpg

Snover (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP/88 Spd/172 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed
- Ice Shard
- Protect

Snover is here for one reason and one reason only. To start the omnipresent hail that makes Walrein so hard to handle activating its ice body ability. Snover also makes amazing death fodder lol. No really it does, if i predict sleep, unsure of what my foe is gonna do this is my go to guy. =P Leech Seed is cool to wear down things in hail with hazards up and Protect is so sap health, stall with hail damage etc. Wood Hammer is its most powerful attack and really helps with Slowking and what not and lastly Ice Shard is just as some priority and helps finish low health sweepers. Really though i could prolly do with a more offensive spread since Ice Shard does like 2% damage. :/ lol Anyways, these evs arent really over specific they just let him take resisted special hits well really and the speed evs are for something which i have forgotten actually lol. Snover is pretty meh though but he is vital.
~~~
slowking.jpg

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 212 HP/46 Def/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Surf
- Slack Off
- Psychic

As i looked over my team i noticed how annoying fire types were so i threw this guy in to take special hits and to also help with Medicham etc capitalizing on its useful resistances. Toxic is my status of choice as if i Toxic something bulky Walrein WILL have its way with it. Surf and Psychic are for stab and the latter hits fighting types and stops junk like Vileplume getting in for free. Slack Off is amazing and THE reason this guy is used, 50% instant healing is just awesome. Not a whole lot to say here other than Slowking is awesome as heck. =P
~~~
walrein-39-rare.jpg

Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 220 HP/240 Def/48 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roar
- Protect
- Ice Beam

The star of the team. If this gets in a sub then you know about it because it outstalls your whole team if your Walrein counter doesnt have leftovers. Even then you need to have a VERY specific way of dealing with it, if you cant break its sub you will be PP stalled with ease and even then you have got to have a recovery move to even go toe to toe with this thing or ill just Roar you away until the hazards build up on your counter. If that wast enough, Walrein still isnt going anywhere. The only things that remotely stop this is Encore, Taunt, a faster phazer and thats basically it lol. Ice Beam is chosen over Blizzard for the extra pp and Roar is because it stops other slower phazers and lets me rack up entry hazard damage against my check or counter. Roar also stops baton pass chains and stat uppers i.e the usual stuff.

NU Threat list (credit to Brawler1235)

No color = my team has little or no trouble with this pokemon
Green = My team has some trouble with this pokemon. It usually means sacrificing one member to take it out.
Red = This pokemon is a threat to my team. If left unchecked, it could sweep my whole team
181.gif
Ampharos: Roselia for the most part, Snover can also take T-Bolts.
348.gif
Armaldo: Sandslash. Clops owns the spinner.
144.gif
Articuno: Dusclops puts a stop to sub roost with Curse. Walrein can Roar in a pinch.
354.gif
Banette: Walrein does well and so does Slash actually. I usually find myself setting up on this mostly.
411.gif
Bastidon: Slash, Rose sets up Spikes. Clops can also burn.
182.gif
Bellossom: Rose, Snover cancels out sun.
400.gif
Bibarel: Walrein does well. Roaring away its crap.
332.gif
Cacturne: Snover brings in hail and then its all a matter of outstalling it and prediction to avoid the Sucker Punch with Roselia.
323.gif
Camerupt: Slowking
006.gif
Charizard: Slowking
441.gif
Chatot: Slowking and Ice Shard.
358.gif
Chimecho: Slowking, Clops etc.
366.gif
Clamperl: Slowking
346.gif
Cradily: Curser loses to Curse Clops. Walrein can also nail it with ice beam in hail.
085.gif
Dodrio: Slash and Walrein can all take a hit at full health. Ice Shard also hurts it a bit.
356.gif
Dusclops: I usually set up Spikes on this with Rose. Walrein can also sub in its face. My on Clops beats it with Curse too.
101.gif
Elecrode: Snover and Roselia do well.
244.gif
Entei: Slowking.
196.gif
Espeon: Slowking, Walrein and Ice Shard.
103.gif
Exeggutor: Snover does ok actually and it cancels out the sun. Takes alot of prediction to beat however.
136.gif
Flareon: Slowking.
419.gif
Floatzel: Snover, Walrein, Slowking.
282.gif
Gardevoir: Major idiot. Not only does it trace Ice Body, but specs hurts. :/ I usually have to outpredict this.
471.gif
Glaceon: Walrein, Slowking etc.
207.gif
Gligar: Walrein, Slowking.
055.gif
Golduck: Walrein, Slowking.
368.gif
Gorebyss: Walrein, Slowking. Snover stops rain.
210.gif
Granbull: Clops and careful prediction.
326.gif
Grumpig: Clops, Walrein and Slowking all do rather well.
093.gif
Haunter: Have to hail stall this and not let it set up. All of my team can take one hit at full health however. I can also Shard it.
107.gif
Hitmonchan: Clops, Slowking.
097.gif
Hypno: Clops, Slowking.
189.gif
Jumpluff: Let Snover take sleep then Roar it. Ice shard hurts it alot too. Snover and Rose wall this.
124.gif
Jynx: Walrein used Roar! Slowking does good against the non sub minders.
115.gif
Kangaskhan: Revenge with Walrein and Slash mainly. That and just hit it with what ever is in lol
352.gif
Kecleon: Spikes set up, Slash and
099.gif
Kingler: Walrein does well. That and Slowking. Also dont let it set up.
131.gif
Lapras: Walrein, Snover and Clops do ok.
463.gif
Lickilicky: I usually set up Spikes on this and/or SR. Walrein can Roar it and Slowking can Toxic. Clops beats it too.
264.gif
Linoone: "Dont let it set up". Walrein gets easy switch ins on users of Memento however so i can easily Sub and then Roar this.
219.gif
Magcargo: "lol" Slowking
467.gif
Magmortar: Slowking
082.gif
Magneton: Snover and Roselia. Sandslash does ok too.
310.gif
Manetric: Annoying as hell. I have to outpredict and wear it down with hail. Slash does ok as a last ditch.
226.gif
Mantine: Spikes fodder. Slowking weak too.
105.gif
Marowak : Dont let it set up. Slowking can revenge and Ice Shard does something. Walrein can outspeed most i have found.
308.gif
Medicham: Clops + Slowking
154.gif
Meganium: Spikes fodder. Also Roselia walls it and Clops beats it.
241.gif
Miltank: Slash, Rose can set up reasonably well. Walrein can Rosr Curse and last poke cursers are owned by Clops.
122.gif
Mr. Mime: Slowking, Roar.
089.gif
Muk: Slowking, Walrein, Slash.
038.gif
Ninetails: Slowking does well.
164.gif
Noctowl: Umm set up fodder for everything.
053.gif
Persian: Clops, Walrein and Slowking do well.
127.gif
Pinsir: Slash
186.gif
Politoed: Toxic from Slowking.Set up on it with Rose.
233.gif
Porygon2: Offensive is a nipple. However i can beat it with Clops usually. Slowking can Toxic in a pinch.
057.gif
Primeape: Clops and Slowking at full health.
476.gif
Probopass: Slash, also Spikes fodder. Surf also hurts it.
195.gif
Quagsire: Roselia, Snover and Toxic. Curse also beats Resters.
026.gif
Raichu: Dont let it set up and Roseila and Snover do great.
409.gif
Rampardos: Slash.
020.gif
Raticate: Dont let it set up let hail wear it down with burn orb and also Ice Shard.
378.gif
Regice: Walrein can Roar it. Clops beats those Charge Beam ones. Snover can seed it.
369.gif
Relicanth: At full health Slash, then i have to hail and LO stall it.
028.gif
Sandslash: Clops blocks spin and Roselia does good too.
319.gif
Sharpedo: Walrein
292.gif
Shedinja: lol
213.gif
Shuckle: lol
435.gif
Skuntank: Slash
289.gif
Slaking: Prediction + Clops.
199.gif
Slowking: Toxic, Roar and Snover. Rose also does ok without Psychic or Beam.
128.gif
Tauros: Clops.
324.gif
Torkoal: Surf.
157.gif
Typhlosion: Slowking
217.gif
Ursaring : Dont let it set up.
049.gif
Venomoth: Clops. =[
071.gif
Victreebel : Hail stall it and outpredict sucker punch with Snover/Rose. Also dont let it set up.
045.gif
Vileplume: Roselia. Walrein also outspeeds and Slowking can Psychic in a pinch.
321.gif
Wailord: Slowking. Roselia and Snover do well too.
365.gif
Walrein: My own Walrein can Roar. Dusclops can Curse. Roselia outstalls one without an Ice move. Slowking outstalls those without Toxic.
340.gif
Whiscash: Slowking, Walrein. Annoying though.
178.gif
Xatu: Slowking, Clops, Snover and Walrein.
335.gif
Zangoose: Clops and dont let it set up. Slash also does well.

I noticed Skuntank solves alot of my problems, Haunter, Eggy and Gardy all get owned. However i dont know where to fit it without taking something vital out.

Anyways thats it, thanks and rate away and even though i have now retired this i hope together we can sort out those last few niggling weaks. ^^

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
With Shadow Sneak on Dusclops I'm sure you can solve your Gardevoir problems.

Back