• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Fire Ash

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2019
So far I've played up to the S.S. Anne section, and I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Putting Pikachu in the PC doesn't stop him from following you, which means that the bike is basically useless since there's no way to get rid of him and you can't ride it when you're with someone. Perhaps you could make it so that Pikachu disappears on the bike like in Yellow or that you can deposit him in the PC and have him stop following you. Having Pikachu following is a good thing but the ability to turn it off if desired would be beneficial when the bike requires him to be not following you.

EDIT: Apparently it also applies to the Escape Rope, meaning that they are completely useless.

2. The Butterfree you get from the Gentleman is not the same Butterfree you traded him in addition to it being a girl, whereas Ash's Butterfree was pretty conclusively a boy. Presumably the Raticate for Butterfree trade is one of the in-game trade slots, so I was wondering if it might be possible for the game to write the data of your Butterfree into that trade slot when you first trade it, so that when you get it back you get back the same Butterfree you sent over.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
So far I've played up to the S.S. Anne section, and I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Putting Pikachu in the PC doesn't stop him from following you, which means that the bike is basically useless since there's no way to get rid of him and you can't ride it when you're with someone. Perhaps you could make it so that Pikachu disappears on the bike like in Yellow or that you can deposit him in the PC and have him stop following you. Having Pikachu following is a good thing but the ability to turn it off if desired would be beneficial when the bike requires him to be not following you.

EDIT: Apparently it also applies to the Escape Rope, meaning that they are completely useless.

2. The Butterfree you get from the Gentleman is not the same Butterfree you traded him in addition to it being a girl, whereas Ash's Butterfree was pretty conclusively a boy. Presumably the Raticate for Butterfree trade is one of the in-game trade slots, so I was wondering if it might be possible for the game to write the data of your Butterfree into that trade slot when you first trade it, so that when you get it back you get back the same Butterfree you sent over.

I'm working on the bike issue. The Butterfree one is more complicated, but I'll try my best to figure it out.

Stroker Ace

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE, BUTTHORN
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 14, 2018
Hoping I could get some help with this... I just decided to play the game again after some time away, but when I try to run the game it crashes on launch. I've re-extracted it from the .rar and tried it on another RPGMaker fangame with the same results each time. Running on Windows 10, anyone know what could be the issue?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
Hello, I really want to play the game but I can't open the game. is there a program I need, and if so can I have a link?

I'm using a mac if it helps and I tried to open it as a ROM.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Sep 27, 2022
Can someone help me how to evolve my scyther imto scizor i try give it a metal coat and lv up but it does not work.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
guys , I could really use some help
so I'm playing on 2.6 , and had no real issues for over 50 hours . however I seem to be stuck now . I'm in hearthome city after coming from the south (212 and the mansion) . the walkthrough mentions that I should have a fight outside the gym , and that is how I'm supposed to get the special potion needed to continue the game . however all I have outside the gym is the same person telling me the leader is away , no fight whatsoever . could I be missing something required to trigger the fight? is there a way to give myself the secret potion if I can't trigger the fight?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
guys , I could really use some help
so I'm playing on 2.6 , and had no real issues for over 50 hours . however I seem to be stuck now . I'm in hearthome city after coming from the south (212 and the mansion) . the walkthrough mentions that I should have a fight outside the gym , and that is how I'm supposed to get the special potion needed to continue the game . however all I have outside the gym is the same person telling me the leader is away , no fight whatsoever . could I be missing something required to trigger the fight? is there a way to give myself the secret potion if I can't trigger the fight?

The battle is triggered by beating Gym 27 and 28, which is the fighting gym run by Maylene in Veilstone and the water gym run by Crasher Wake in Pastoria.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
The battle is triggered by beating Gym 27 and 28, which is the fighting gym run by Maylene in Veilstone and the water gym run by Crasher Wake in Pastoria.

thanks for the swift reply . I indeed missed the Veilstone Gym somehow . finishing it indeed triggered everything as it should

and now , with around 51 hours into this game , I can honestly say just how damn amazing it is! this is probably the most fun I've had in a pokemon game , especially with just how nostalgic it is (I've watched the first few seasons of the show , and I've recognized a lot of the scenes you've recreated) . this is such a love product and a great fan service , and I absolutely love it!!
so really thank you for creating this wonderful game , I can't wait to see the later chapters and see what the future will bring (especially the latest generation , which I've never really used so it'll be a new experience)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
thanks for the swift reply . I indeed missed the Veilstone Gym somehow . finishing it indeed triggered everything as it should

and now , with around 51 hours into this game , I can honestly say just how damn amazing it is! this is probably the most fun I've had in a pokemon game , especially with just how nostalgic it is (I've watched the first few seasons of the show , and I've recognized a lot of the scenes you've recreated) . this is such a love product and a great fan service , and I absolutely love it!!
so really thank you for creating this wonderful game , I can't wait to see the later chapters and see what the future will bring (especially the latest generation , which I've never really used so it'll be a new experience)
I'm so glad you're enjoying the game and thank you! If you need any more help post here or reach out to my email.

gail

Having no limitation as limitation
Years
Hi I really want to try the game but I have a problem. everytime I open the application it just doesnt start.no error or smthing,it just doesnt show anything.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen today
Hi
I found a small issue
after capturing and testing Yveltal , I found that Oblivion Wing doesn't have the supposed healing effect , for some odd reason . so I think you forgot to code the move to also heal the user

I've also noticed a few graphical issues in specific places , but these are usually not really important , and most are negligible (the only serious one I found was in the Dreamyard , where the house wasn't properly showing as some of the squares are replaced by land)

and now that I've finished the gen 6 areas (and had an utter blast) , it's time to assemble the team and play gen 7 :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
I'm on my 2nd playthrough of this great game. I found ways around some glitches (the couple battle in Sinnoh) and ignored others (error message every time Skuntank gets hit), but I'm stuck in Alola after I beat Sophocles in the store.

The next thing I should do is go to the school and trigger an event for Lillie but it's not happening. The Rotom-dex and the Professor tell me to take my seat, but no matter how I try to it doesn't work.

I don't remember what I did on my first playthrough to go through this. Can it be something to do with the new update? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
I'm on my 2nd playthrough of this great game. I found ways around some glitches (the couple battle in Sinnoh) and ignored others (error message every time Skuntank gets hit), but I'm stuck in Alola after I beat Sophocles in the store.

The next thing I should do is go to the school and trigger an event for Lillie but it's not happening. The Rotom-dex and the Professor tell me to take my seat, but no matter how I try to it doesn't work.

I don't remember what I did on my first playthrough to go through this. Can it be something to do with the new update? I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance!

Oh and also, the school should be filled with the other students but they're not there.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 21, 2019
Hi, I'm having a blast with the game, especially switching out new Pokemon for every region (however, I think the difficulty could be a bit higher). Anyway, I think I ran into the same double battle in Sinnoh that's giving MaxCool some grief. It's in the Seven Stars restaurant, and I took a few screenshots to help you fix the error. The first is the error message itself, and the second is the location of these trainers in the restaurant (circled in blue)

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Anyway, keep up the good work. Managing all these areas must be difficult, but it's been fun and mostly error-free so far.

Edit: I'm also getting an exception whenever I KO a Drifblim. The exception message is below:

---------------------------
Fire Ash
Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `pbCheckGlobalAbility' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0xa1d8ac0>

PokeBattle_Battler:1039:in `pbEffectsOnDealingDamage'

PokeBattle_Battler:2217:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'

PokeBattle_Battler:2161:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battler:2161:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'

PokeBattle_Battler:2541:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:2515:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battler:2544:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:2672:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battler:2671:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battler:2671:in `pbProcessTurn'

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 30, 2023
Hi, I'm having a blast with the game, especially switching out new Pokemon for every region (however, I think the difficulty could be a bit higher). Anyway, I think I ran into the same double battle in Sinnoh that's giving MaxCool some grief. It's in the Seven Stars restaurant, and I took a few screenshots to help you fix the error. The first is the error message itself, and the second is the location of these trainers in the restaurant (circled in blue)

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Anyway, keep up the good work. Managing all these areas must be difficult, but it's been fun and mostly error-free so far.

Edit: I'm also getting any exception whenever I KO a Drifblim. The exception message is below:

Fire Ash
Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `pbCheckGlobalAbility' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0xa1d8ac0>

PokeBattle_Battler:1039:in `pbEffectsOnDealingDamage'

PokeBattle_Battler:2217:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'

PokeBattle_Battler:2161:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battler:2161:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'

PokeBattle_Battler:2541:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:2515:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battler:2544:in `pbUseMove'

PokeBattle_Battler:2672:in `pbProcessTurn'

PokeBattle_Battler:2671:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battler:2671:in `pbProcessTurn'

I'll look into it. Is it only the one Trainer or the both of them?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 21, 2019
I think that it's both of them. The error doesn't happen when I talk to them, it happens after the battle ends (which makes me think it's the battle itself, and not the trainers).

While not gamebreaking, I found another odd error in Alola. Professor Kakui seems to have cloned himself after I returned from Mt. Lanakila (screenshot below).

Screenshot

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 30, 2023
I think that it's both of them. The error doesn't happen when I talk to them, it happens after the battle ends (which makes me think it's the battle itself, and not the trainers).

While not gamebreaking, I found another odd error in Alola. Professor Kakui seems to have cloned himself after I returned from Mt. Lanakila (screenshot below).

Screenshot

Regarding the couple battle, you can do it if you initiate the battle through the girl, the error only happens with the guy.

The reason you're having the exception message when you kill a Drifblim is because of its ability. It's the same thing I get whenever my Skuntank got hit. It's the ability Aftermath. It doesn't work either.

And I still don't know how to fix my problem in Alola.

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I'm going to play this for the first time, which version is the best one? Thanks in advance

Back