• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Super Starter Pokémon Club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
Name: mineox100
Starter Pokémon: "Muddy" the Mudkip and "Burn" the Cyndaquil
Why would you like to join the club?: Starter Pokemon are the one we start the game with so they're important. They're also cute too :P

Here's my post for registering. It's actually a few posts up. :P

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

Here's my post for registering. It's actually a few posts up. :P

OK, the member list has been updated to include all new members that I have not missed. :P Sorry for the inconvenience!

@AlexOzzyCake
I wonder how does one can make a Rock starter work out favourably against the traditional starters. (Grass and Water)

Something random could be more interesting? Or what about locking into just a single starter?

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
Name: BZW Golem
Starter Pokémon: Plusle and Minun are available? O,o
If yes then I would like to take them, but I had no idea they were starters xD
Why would you like to join the club?: Well,starters are pokemon I always grow most attached to :3

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Wow, I haven't been here in a while. As for the topic, I think Ice, Dark, and Ghost. No idea why, I just like tat idea. :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Hello everyone! I'll be joining, if that's okay... :)

Name: Rainy Garden of Fire
Starter Pokémon: Charlie the Charmander and Sally the Treecko
Why would you like to join the club?: Mostly because of the Post-A-Thon...but I also like Starter Pokemon!

So...for the conversation...I'll say that they chose Grass, Water and Fire, so that you can have a rival that can be stronger than you in typing or a rival that's weaker than you in typing. How about a Dragon/Flying, Steel/Rock and a Ground/Fighting pack of starters? I know, it sounds crazy. But the Dragon/Flying one beats the Ground/Fighting one, the Ground/Fighting one beats the Steel/Rock one and the Steel/Rock one beats the Dragon/Flying one. It's a perfect triangle! And it will be the first time all of the starters have two types! But anyway, the topic only said 3 types, so that won't work. How about Dark, Fighting and Psychic? It was once the speculated typing for a certain region's starter types...it could be for the Sinnoh games or the Unova games. I forgot. And can I ask a question? Is Bulbasaur a Grass/Poison type from the start?

Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 24, 2014
As for the topic, I can see why Grass, Fire, and Water were the 3 original starter types. Those are the 3 most common types in my eyes and the most basic. Also, they have their different styles in battling. Although, I do think that they could have changed Grass to Electric from the start. The grass starter usually gets forgotten or excluded every time due to it's more recessive style. With Electric though, It's more along the lines of the others and still seems like a basic type to me.

I do like the idea of having Dark, Psychic, and Fighting to start. I like the exotic dark and creepy vibe. I do think that these types should only be used in one special edition though. It would give an overall darker feel to the game and that would push away younger audiences if used too often.

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
Grass, Fire, and Water are the most basic "rock, paper, scissors" types.. I can't imagine anything replacing that combination.
The starters are supposed to teach the new player about the basics of "y type beats x type".

Of course, other combinations could be fun.. but do you honestly think that would be better?
Not only for you, for all the players >.>

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Name: Meganium90
Starter Pokémon: Chikorita & Oshawott
Why would you like to join the club?: Starters are really awesome. Actually, all five starters are quite awesome. ^_^

Grass/Water/Fire is the standard three typings for starter Pokemon, but why do you think this is and what three types do you think could be used instead?

I guess they give you the option of Grass/Fire/Water, so that way the trainer playing the game can decide which is best to fight the first gym leader and beyond. Though I personally feel that Fire could be replaced for either Electric or Flying. But then as I think about it, both types are poor choices.

Ice is also a good choice for a water replacement. It'd be best for Rock-Type gyms. xD

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Grass/Water/Fire is the standard three typings for starter Pokemon, but why do you think this is and what three types do you think could be used instead?
they are the main types but i would like to play with other type Pokemon as starters for a change.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Sometimes you deal with tradition, and I think this goes right down that path. Probably the only reason why there are only Fire/Grass/Water types in the handheld Pokemon franchise. Other than Pikachu, and of course Eevee, I personally think they should just stick with the traditional typing as is. Pikachu & Eevee? Why? Well because they are the two most popular Pokemon out there, Pikachu as the mascot, the face of Pokemon from the start, and Eevee, because of its Eeveelutions!

BUT! I would love to see a game where you be the main character who isn't pure hearted and we get to be a bad guy for once. I would love to play that. Dark, sinister character who does bad? Starters would have to be Psychic, Ghost and Dark then!

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

BUT! I would love to see a game where you be the main character who isn't pure hearted and we get to be a bad guy for once. I would love to play that. Dark, sinister character who does bad? Starters would have to be Psychic, Ghost and Dark then!

I think the closest we can get to that is probably with the first GameCube game :P And not even bad in that sense. :P

Now, to be honest about it, having the starters to be recycled doesn't seem to bode well, huh? At least I'll be with Snivy for one more time :P

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I think the closest we can get to that is probably with the first GameCube game :P And not even bad in that sense. :P

Now, to be honest about it, having the starters to be recycled doesn't seem to bode well, huh? At least I'll be with Snivy for one more time :P
Oh you're talking of Wes from Pokemon Colosseum! I remember that game!

In his case, having Espeon/Umbreon as starters were PERFECT! Like I mention before, Psychic/Ghost/Dark type starters, there's two of them! xD

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
they are the main types but i would like to play with other type Pokemon as starters for a change.

I think that the best way to go would be fighting Psychic and dark. Ghost doesn't fit in there really

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

I think that the best way to go would be fighting Psychic and dark. Ghost doesn't fit in there really

We can't have a "not effective at all" in there. It won't work if there's a combination of Psychic and Dark types in a trio.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
We can't have a "not effective at all" in there. It won't work if there's a combination of Psychic and Dark types in a trio.
That's right!

So let's say if I had to make a game. I would want to make an adventure of a lifetime around gardens, flowery gardens or something. Kind of like how the 'Hey, You Pikachu' game is, traveling around on the field? Of course with a wider map to travel on.

Grass, Bug and Rock! I think this would be really fun! (Of course it's my imagination lol)

Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 24, 2014
Or maybe start the game with one Pokemon like in Yellow as your starter?
*get ready to grab Eevee*

That just made me think of a yellow spin off where you are Gary trying to prove yourself to your grandfather in you need for fatherly affection, and Ash always has to be the favorite, even though he is worse than you ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back