• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✜// CHECKMATE (OOC)

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Fluck, I know I promised one yesterday you'll have it today. I'm going to start working on it now so I can't go back on my word.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
I am SO SORRY that I haven't been active lately.

I've been extremely busy in my life, and school's starting soon (maybe), so I will definitely not be posting at the same pace we were going at.

Normally I'd like to bow out because I'm scared I'll just end up abandoning this at some point, but if everyone's trying to slow down the pace, I would love to still be a part of this.

PS I'll try to post soon… :nervous:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
drunk, I really hope you'll stay. I'm really inactive now too (mostly because I don't have RPs to post in xD ) because of school and other responsibilities. So a slower pace might fit us all better and then it's totally fine ^^

Maybe I can hope for one post every week from each player? That seems a reasonable limit, I'd say :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
To let you in on my plans:

Ricardo needs to get into the Medium.

Alchemizing stuff is fun if you have some ideas of outfits, weapons or other fun things that you would like. Otherwise you can skip it for now and alchemize later, since you will return to your house again at some point. But it might be a while.

Everyone needs to make their server player build onto their house so that they can reach and jump through the first gate above their houses. Imps and bigger foes will invade your house more and more frequently. You should kill them to grow in levels.

When somebody jumps through the first gate, Act 3 shall begin. Mahaha!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I guess we're all busy people now. Just don't leave me hanging if you're actually thinking of quitting. I don't like when RPs just die because nobody has the guts to admit that they don't want to be part of it anymore ^^'

If one player quits, I can adopt their character and become a player myself, you see. But naturally I'd prefer if everyone stayed :3

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
I'm not that busy really. I just don't want to be killing the final boss before Ricardo makes it to the medium. I'm giving everyone a chance to post before I go.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
I guess we're all busy people now. Just don't leave me hanging if you're actually thinking of quitting. I don't like when RPs just die because nobody has the guts to admit that they don't want to be part of it anymore ^^'

If one player quits, I can adopt their character and become a player myself, you see. But naturally I'd prefer if everyone stayed :3

I don't know if you're aiming this at someone in particular Red, but since I've done this before, and I know I haven't been the most active RPer lately, I just feel kind of obligated to say that I LOVE this RP, and I do not want it to end soon, and I will try my hardest to remain active in a regular basis despite the fact that I've been really busy lately (and will continue to be so).

Also, I posted yesterday… I don't know if anyone's noticed.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I noticed! And I'm not aiming it :3 And I love that you love it. Seems like I'll just have to finally accept that we're moving at a slower pace nowadays ;) I'm not posting every day either, so.

´~

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I am....so sorry guys. My computer broke down and I had to wait to get a new one...finally I arrived though.

Hopefully I'm not out though, since I'm going to be here and STICK HERE. :o)

UPDATE: Posted ~ I hope I didn't cause a big mess with my absence...truly sorry...

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Nah, broseph its cool. We've just been chilling in the OOC mainly, and the IC hasn't really progressed too far anyway. Glad to have you back!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
No we've been holding up~ I'll go post now too and finally reveal Ricardo's world.

EDIT: Could everyone post here and list where their three machines are placed? ^^ I get a bit confused keeping track of 12 machines.

Vieve's Totem Lathe is in her room, right? And stairs lead down to the garden where the other two are?

EDIT2: Oh, my whole being is itching for the story to progress 8D

Guys, can you promise to let me know if you feel like I'm not giving you enough freedom? I designed the RP to be like a game where you couldn't really control anything that your character didn't directly do :3 but I know now that you understand enough about Checkmate and Homestuck to be capable of more freedom.

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Oh my god. Legofootsprite sounds just like Marvin the Paranoid Android. (at least in my head thats his voice) xD

@Red: Vinnie's Totem Lathe and alchemiter are in his book library, and theres a hole with a ladder leading to the batcave below. The cruxtruder is in there.

And I feel like the freedom is just right.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Nah it's fine Red. For Candice, if I remember correctly, the totem lathe is in her kitchen, the cruxtruder is in her room, and the alchemiter is in her bathroom. :o)

Will be logging in to check every morning and night now. Although maybe not post since I skim, but yeah.

Anyway, here I go posting. ;o)

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Vieve's Totem Lathe is in her room, right? And stairs lead down to the garden where the other two are?

EDIT2: Oh, my whole being is itching for the story to progress 8D

Guys, can you promise to let me know if you feel like I'm not giving you enough freedom? I designed the RP to be like a game where you couldn't really control anything that your character didn't directly do :3 but I know now that you understand enough about Checkmate and Homestuck to be capable of more freedom.

Yep, you got Vieve's machines right.

And I think you're doing perfectly fine with the freedom. Now too much control but yet not too little. I think it's the perfect balance.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Ah, good then :3 Just made a long post. I just imagine FLUFFRICKSPRITE as the calm type who feels the need to explain things thoroughly without interruptions xD While KEFKASPRITE doesn't want to explain at all, PUSSYSPRITE blurts out things he suddenly realizes that Vieve might need to know, and LEGOFOOTSPRITE probably wants to explain as concisely and simply as possible xD I wonder what happens when he's prototyped a second time...

NOTE: you have 5 cards in your Sylladex now, right? So you can basically carry 5 things in your "inventory" without feeling their weight or anything. But if you were to captchalogue a pink card and then alchemize it... ^^ You don't have to merge stuff in order to alchemize, you see. If you want to duplicate something, you can just scan the sylladex card alone and alchemize the item. What I mean is, you can create more pink cards if you want to be able to carry more than 5 things in your Sylladex.

There's no need to duplicate green cards though. You can store as many different kinds of your special STRIFEKIND as you feel like in your "green wallet". At a certain point (at a certain level) you will be able to get an additional STRIFEKIND. Before that, Vieve is restricted to fighting with AXEKIND, Candice with BATKIND, Vinnie with SWORDKIND... and Ricardo hasn't chosen yet, has he?

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Ohh sounds good!

Geeze, I totally forgot to make a post. Just give me a nudge or be like 'RETRO BUG POST NOW'. I'll whip up one shortly or rather soon I should say.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Haha, no worries :3

This game is really getting complicated. And you haven't even met the native populations of your planets yet! ;) It's even more complicated because I'm learning more and more about how the real Homestuck works, and even though I mix most things into Checkmate, the basic idea of what it's really all about shall not change. Checkmate is Homestuck Checkmate!

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
Oh my god. Legofootsprite sounds just like Marvin the Paranoid Android. (at least in my head thats his voice) xD
Oh God. Can NOT un-hear!!! x)

Ah, good then :3 Just made a long post. I just imagine FLUFFRICKSPRITE as the calm type who feels the need to explain things thoroughly without interruptions xD While KEFKASPRITE doesn't want to explain at all, PUSSYSPRITE blurts out things he suddenly realizes that Vieve might need to know, and LEGOFOOTSPRITE probably wants to explain as concisely and simply as possible xD I wonder what happens when he's prototyped a second time...

NOTE: you have 5 cards in your Sylladex now, right? So you can basically carry 5 things in your "inventory" without feeling their weight or anything. But if you were to captchalogue a pink card and then alchemize it... ^^ You don't have to merge stuff in order to alchemize, you see. If you want to duplicate something, you can just scan the sylladex card alone and alchemize the item. What I mean is, you can create more pink cards if you want to be able to carry more than 5 things in your Sylladex.

There's no need to duplicate green cards though. You can store as many different kinds of your special STRIFEKIND as you feel like in your "green wallet". At a certain point (at a certain level) you will be able to get an additional STRIFEKIND. Before that, Vieve is restricted to fighting with AXEKIND, Candice with BATKIND, Vinnie with SWORDKIND... and Ricardo hasn't chosen yet, has he?
No, he hasn't. Don't worry, he'll get to that stuff in a bit, since I'm definitely posting later on today.

I'm probably going to go with REVOLVERKIND. That, or LASSOKIND (since he has trained charrerías according to his history…)

Also, WATER WORLD! Yay! It actually reminds me of one of the planets I pitched you a couple of pages back, so needless to say, I'm looking forward to it. :D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
`Glad you like your Land :D Lassokind sounds awesome, actually. Think about what cool and DEUDLY kinds of ropes you can alchemize.

Back