• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] >}>}>}> Dark Rift 5.09! - September 2023 <{<{<{< (PATCH, Download to fix 5.0)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 13, 2018
I'm getting this error when I try to start the game.
error.jpg

EDIT:

NVM found a fix online:

Go to the installation folder of RPG Maker and locate the Game.ini.

• Open this file with a text editor like Notepad.
[Game] Library=RGSS100J.dll Scripts=Data\Scripts.rxdata Title=NOM DU JEU RTP1=Standard RTP2= RTP3=
  • Remove "Standard" next to RTP1.
It should look like this:
[Game] Library=RGSS100J.dll Scripts=Data\Scripts.rxdata Title=NOM DU JEU RTP1= RTP2= RTP3= Save the modification and launch RPGMaker.
----------
On the game itself (just started so its standard initial feedback)

Do you plan on doing an EV/IV screen?

I also wanted to say I find the concept of new typings awesome!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Alright, nice fix! Thanks for the compliment on the typings and the EV/IV screen suggestion

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Hey, just wanted to announce that the 4th release Infernal Chaos is still on track for December!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Happy Halloween!
Here's the re-textured starter fakemon!

[Images failed to load]

Note: Also the second starter evolutions have been redone too!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that the 4th release (Official Demo) will be coming out in just a few weeks!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
4th release Infernal Chaos OFFICIAL DEMO is out!!!

Note: This is the last release we're going to have for about a year or two (Unless there are some bugs to be fixed). The 5th release will be either the last or second to last release for the final game!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
What Fakemon Concept do you guys think would be the most interesting to add?

>Note: The Light/Bug type can replace the Litwug evolution line if you guys want.

Nuclear/Water-Goblin Shark
BeP1XgPocS-yjlwCYknXTuAdl534XFFCt74__Xw5GOiws9nUQF8xsjn7RbTCvBomjorX5lcslw=s118-p-rw

Bug/Fire-Lord Howe Island Stick Insect
Q58AbV4CzZjTn1yRC60eJVUNtzD-l_8sqg2F_6rdSe50WPMHh65nRdcywFYtatrUqXHJ2-u-tQ=s118-p-rw

Water/Elastic-Black Swallower Fish
UPljTykHlFsYEjHV7aSwuBOXgrqiuv518IoUP3yW6vc4Zysj_ZRgknVAifx5JA48E56jmqxY1g=s118-p-rw

Light/Bug-New Zealand Glow Worm
TJfT4wgkSkamTDbT4joIbm-tNtl94jZX6c6yjuPgaaGQxApv5lozka234tzVBWNQ2MKPfNQoFQ=s118-p-rw

Note: Better Images on the Pokemon Dark Rift Google+ pages

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
WARNING: Route 108/117 has been reported to having major bugs consisting of: Game freezes and false collision detection. For this Demo DO NOT go to this area in the game. It is also not necessary to go to route 108/117 to get to the rest of the demo.

>To avoid running into this area on Cesta's side do not go north from Nuclear Zone 1.

>To avoid running into this area on Jay's side do not go west from Averon Town.

To continue the story go south from Mocor Village onto route 106 then go west onto route 110. This will bring you to the rest of the Demo.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
There might be a release 4.5.
This next update will have bug fixes for all Known bugs, a few new fakemon, route re-naming, some new moves, some new abilities, and some edits to the beginning areas.

Note: This update will come out within a month or two (hopefully)
Note: This update might require a reset again... sorry :(

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 12, 2023
Pokemon Dark Rift release 5 (Shadows) future content:

Key: [0] - Incomplete
[/] - complete

>Updated type chart to gen.6 [/]

>New types Cosmic, Nuclear, Chaos and Sound, Light, Elastic are in type triangles to make battling against them easier. (I might remove some of them) [0]

>New starters: Monell, Flis, and Daisil. [/]

>New overworld and battle graphics [0]

>All known bugs will be fixed [/]

>Black and White battle graphics [/]

>Additional story [0]

>Story development fixes [0]

>Fakemon locations and balance fixes [0]

So, what happened to 4.5?
I know some of you really wanted 4.5 to come out in April 2017, but I need more time and I would like to be able to make the game as high quality as I can! Also I will be fusing the 4.5 with the 5th release, and I know everyone hates restarting :(

The 5th release will hopefully be the complete game.
I will however have bug fixes and post game releases after the main story is released (5th release).

My release date for the 5th release is planned to be roughly around February 2018.

Thank you all for the support and for sticking with me from the 1st in March 2016 all the way to the 4th release in December 2016!

And I'll see you guys in 2018!!! :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 8, 2018
I've played what I believe to be the latest release of the demo (still v4? I can't find v5.) and have experienced some of the reported bugs, such as freezing in various places (very annoying at times). I know it's a demo, but it was really annoying not to have anything on the map. There was no labels of towns or routes, even of the ones I'd already been too. I went in circles at times because I forgot where I'd been.

The story itself is interesting and the characters aren't bad but there's some spelling issues here and there a lot of "you're"s being written as "your"s. The new pokemon are greatly affected by the dark and nuclear stuff going on, but some of them leave a lot to be desired design wise. It looks like they were made on MSPaint, and they very well might've been. I only mean it as constructive criticism, but working on the art will give it a more professional feel.

A few of them look pretty cool though and I wish more of the game was done. I'll be checking back in to see if anymore has been added.

Oh, and as for the new pokemon, I'd vote for the swallower fish if I had to, but I'd be interested in seeing a nuclear/ghost type.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 21, 2022
anyone know where i can find type matchups for the new types? The wiki listed what they resist or a weak against but not what they are supereffective against. truthfully, 6 new types is a bit much. even 1 greatly changes the dynamics of the game greatly. 6? damn, that's a lot. Also, did anyone get a bit.............discouraged at the very low exp payout?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 15, 2020
The text type chart can be downloaded from their wix page: juleslottschlicher.wixsite.com/pokefangamedarkrift/download
anyone know where i can find type matchups for the new types? The wiki listed what they resist or a weak against but not what they are supereffective against. truthfully, 6 new types is a bit much. even 1 greatly changes the dynamics of the game greatly. 6? damn, that's a lot. Also, did anyone get a bit.............discouraged at the very low exp payout?

Back