• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Old Sea Chart Event in English Emerald?

Years
Recently I've been interested about the main 4 ticket events present in the 3rd generation games (Eon, Mystic, Aurora, and Old Sea Map) since I've been working on a legitimate Emerald file for a while and I've been wondering how I'ed be able to get these events as legit as I could. However there is one thing thats been questioning me and I can't find any confirmation on it, that is the Old Sea Chart/Map event, which allows you to access the Faraway Island and capture a Mew.

The event was only released in Japan, and although the whole event is accessible and translated in the english Emerald, it was never distributed, however I've been wondering, could you transfer an Old Sea Chart wonder card from a japanese Emerald to an english one?

I know it sounds like it would not work, and that's what I would think, but I really want to know if that's the case, so if someone knows I would highly appreciate the information, thank you! :smile:

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
Years
Recently I've been interested about the main 4 ticket events present in the 3rd generation games (Eon, Mystic, Aurora, and Old Sea Map) since I've been working on a legitimate Emerald file for a while and I've been wondering how I'ed be able to get these events as legit as I could. However there is one thing thats been questioning me and I can't find any confirmation on it, that is the Old Sea Chart/Map event, which allows you to access the Faraway Island and capture a Mew.

The event was only released in Japan, and although the whole event is accessible and translated in the english Emerald, it was never distributed, however I've been wondering, could you transfer an Old Sea Chart wonder card from a japanese Emerald to an english one?

I know it sounds like it would not work, and that's what I would think, but I really want to know if that's the case, so if someone knows I would highly appreciate the information, thank you! :smile:

Unfortunately there is no way to get the Old Sea Map in an English Emerald without hacking, even if someone took an English cart to the original event, it can only distribute to a Japanese Emerald.

As for transferring it, there is a special byte which when set can transfer a wonder card from game to game, however this was never used in any events and can only be transferred to the same language game anyway, so unfortunately you can't transfer it either.

So yeah, there is no legitimate way to get the map in an English game I'm afraid. Sorry :/

Years
Unfortunately there is no way to get the Old Sea Map in an English Emerald without hacking, even if someone took an English cart to the original event, it can only distribute to a Japanese Emerald.

As for transferring it, there is a special byte which when set can transfer a wonder card from game to game, however this was never used in any events and can only be transferred to the same language game anyway, so unfortunately you can't transfer it either.

So yeah, there is no legitimate way to get the map in an English game I'm afraid. Sorry :/
Sorry for the late reply, but thank you so much for the info!

It sucks that this event cannot be officially obtainable in other languages, but that was to be expected, so if I were to want a "legitimate" Faraway Island Mew, it would have to be a Japanese one.

Again, thank you so very much for the confirmation, I really appreciate it ^ ^

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
Years
Sorry for the late reply, but thank you so much for the info!

It sucks that this event cannot be officially obtainable in other languages, but that was to be expected, so if I were to want a "legitimate" Faraway Island Mew, it would have to be a Japanese one.

Again, thank you so very much for the confirmation, I really appreciate it ^ ^

Yeah, a Japanese Faraway Island Mew is the only one. However there is currently no legitimate way to get there, so it's sort of a grey area whether a Mew caught there now is legitimate or not.

Back