• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music What songs cheer you up?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
When you're feeling down the most, what are your go to songs for an instant pick me up?

I usually play anything upbeat by Kylie lmao, or more specifically things like with my whole heart by sufjan stevens

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I think this isn't the first time you've said something about Sufjan Stevens and I've reacted to it but ahh!! I thought I was the only person who listened to him, haha. If that's a pick-me-up for you I definitely recommend giving Dan Deacon a try. His music is so fun and whimsical it's hard not to smile while listening to it. :)

I don't really listen to music to try to lift my mood - if anything I do the opposite and choose music to wallow to, lol. But if I were to try to come up with something, I'd legit have to say Ninja Sex Party.

Years
uhhhhh jeez there's a ton..... a big benefit of being an EDM listener is that the high-energy dance-y beats of a ton of EDM songs really do wonders to lift my mood. but the biggest ones hare:

• First Time - Kygo & Ellie Goulding
  • Frontlines - Zeds Dead & NIGHTMRE (ft. GG Magree)
  • Meteorites - Noah Neman & HALIENE
  • Mama - Jonas Blue & William Singe
  • Together - Yall
  • Heat Rising - September
  • Fractures - ILLENIUM (ft. Nevve)
  • Alone - Alan Walker
  • All Together - ILLENIUM ft OEKIIN
  • Unique - Headhunterz & Conro (ft.Clara Mae)
this isn't even everything but that's... a lot of what cheers me up when my mind is in dark places.

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Delain! There's just something about them coughCharlotte&Timocough that gets me up everytime, and it works with nearly every song of theirs!
Another uplifting song is "Where the streets have no name" by U2, if not for the fact that this song has been by my side for so, so long.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
A lot of the more upbeat Kpop songs lift my mood.

So I can't reasonably name a select few, but mainly lots of SHINee, BTS, and Infinite songs.

A lot of the english artists I listen to don't often make such light songs, so kpop it is, for me!

Years
Off the top of my head

Boston- foreplay/been along time
The verve - bittersweet symphony
Oasis- whatever
John mayer - good love is on the way
Billy Joel - River of dreams

There is loads but that is all I can think of of the top of my head

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
me & bobby mcgee - janis joplin
murder on the dancefloor - sophie ellis-bextor
gloria - laura branigan
i love you always forever - donna lewis

those are pretty well-worn classics in that department

however there is one more powerful
heaven is a place on earth by belinda carlisle either immensely perks up my day or makes me start crying bc it makes me think of both the last 20 years and the next 20 to come lol

Back