• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nameless Tile Map Editor [NTME]

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
@fragatortoad- Srsly? Make a thread in the scrapbox and add [help wanted] in the title. Second do some work on your own and put it up there. Third post in the right place. -_- i'm through with my rant...
@d-trogh - I think NTME *does* have a bug. Every time i load a tilemap, be it one exported from ntme or dumped from unlz, i get a really skinny width and the tilemap is displayed properly, if i adjust the size, the tilemap doesnt get redrawn. Also, tilemap exports don't seem to work right in other tilemap editors

Iacobus

sǝɯɐɾ
Years
I think NTME *does* have a bug. Every time i load a tilemap, be it one exported from ntme or dumped from unlz, i get a really skinny width and the tilemap is displayed properly, if i adjust the size, the tilemap doesnt get redrawn. Also, tilemap exports don't seem to work right in other tilemap editors
Full Metal, as you can see in D-Trogh's video (first video in first post) you have to change the tilemap's size with the 'Keep Ratio'-option after loading it (the tilemap). Of course you need to know the 'display-size' yourself. If you don't you have to try every 'size' and see which is the right one.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Well, I was looking for some general purpose tile map editor (I'm not hacking pokemon... I'm not even hacking) and turns out my best choice is this. Good one, man!

If it had the option to zoom in (even just a 2x zoom) and a way to select multiple tiles from the tileset (to draw faster) it'd be perfect.
EDIT: just realized you actually can select multiple tiles

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2010
How do you get the RAW files into the rom? I can't figure out what to do next after I made my map. :/

xGGxToiZ

>.//:SO HOT:\\.<
Years
Awesome!

Wow! I gotta try this.
* Downloads NTME and creates something *

This program is so awesome!
I managed to do title screen editing without much lifting a finger!
You make life easier ^ ^

Nice job! 2 Thumbs up!!

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2010
Hey, can I ask you guys a question? Where can you get the backgrounds for a titlescreen??? I can't find any anywhere. Thanks! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
found a bug, whenever you use 30x20(FR/LG WM) and save the raw file, the result will be like this.

problem2.png

not my image

the total bytes at the end lack 16 more bytes, the total bytes should be 1216 and not 1200.. i had to open thw raw file and add 16 more byte at the end to fix it..

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
oohhh, thank you for this find x-buster (i've been having this issue too) ^-^
does it matter what these bytes are?

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2012
!!!!!!!!!
WTF!!!
i just saved the world map as a RAW file and when i went to load it the map was a 15x9 ????
the map is all over the place now!

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
The first screenshot shows the region map of Kanto (FRLG). Did you dump it from the game? If yes, what number is in Unlz-GBA? I want to dump the map in Firered (U) but I don't know the number and I can't.

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2010
Thank you so much

Dude...You are the saviour of Pokemon Diamond(gba) Thanks a lot!!!:D

kervin9999

"Froslass and Froslad"
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 16, 2016
Help! I can't open the program... I've been using NTME before but I never got this error. It says run-time error '481' Invalid Picture...

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2011
how can i find some tilesets for pokemon sapphire?

i downloaded some but it says that "run time error 76 path not found"

can someone help me?

Arctic Eagle

Lone Bird
Years
Hi, Arctus here, I'm just wondering if you need to dump the image in order to edit it, just wondering... because I just downloaded it and I want to know before I use it.

Iacobus

sǝɯɐɾ
Years
Arctic Eagle, you shouldn't be bumping this thread.
But since you did, I can now redirect everyone to the NTME+ thread, so thank you for that. :P

Back