• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Quite simply, if you need help with the games or have a question, post here, and someone will answer it. NO ROM QUESTIONS - CHECK EMULATION/HACKING SECTIONS OR GOOGLE, NOT HERE.

Beforehand, check if it isn't covered in the HG/SS FAQ or see if a quick google search doesn't help.

Otherwise, ask away!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 1, 2010
Well , I just want to know if I can get Fire Stone without winning one in the Pokethlon ....

Guy

just a guy
Years
Besides getting the Fire Stone at the Pokéthelon, you may also have the option of winning it at the Pokémon Bug Catching Competition. Other than competitions, going on Route 25 and showing Bill's grandfather a Growlithe or Vulpix [depending on your version] will earn you a Fire Stone as well.

Also, on Route 36 you will obtain one by a PokéGear Call.

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
Just a note though, the only possible way to get a Firestone before the E4 is the Pokeathlon.
Firestone only gets added as a Bug Catching Contest prize post-E4.

As for the Pokegear call... does the guy find any Firestones before beating the E4?

[edit]
Answering my own question: Midday Wednesday.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I dont see the point of making another help thread this ones just gonna get even cluttered!
But anyway, where do i find each of the evolution stones?

Edit: Nvm i looked on serebii.net in the items section, it shows you where to find all items in the game, i think you show add it to the top page because more and more people will be asking where to find items!
Heres the page:
http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/items.shtml

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Pokethlon, Bug Catching Contest or random Poke Gear calls
Yeah as i stated i just found out ^_^

New question: How do i get on the saffron train? I know i need a train ticket but where in saffron city do i get it? Btw, ive got all 16 badges btu i havent gone to red yet, will i have to beat red first?

Guy

just a guy
Years
Like in the originals, you must first fix the Power Plant. This will allow electricity to be rendered over to the Magnet Train in Saffron City to travel back and forth between Fuschia City and Goldenrod City.

After, to obtain the ticket you've got to help out the little girl in Saffron City known as the Copycat. Her lost doll is missing, so you must go and talk to the man sitting by the table in the Pokémon Fan Club where he will give you the lost doll. Once obtained, she will give you the Train Ticket as promised.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Like in the originals, you must first fix the Power Plant. This will allow electricity to be rendered over to the Magnet Train in Saffron City to travel back and forth between Fuschia City and Goldenrod City.

After, to obtain the ticket you've got to help out the little girl in Saffron City known as the Copycat. Her lost doll is missing, so you must go and talk to the man sitting by the table in the Pokémon Fan Club where he will give you the lost doll. Once obtained, she will give you the Train Ticket as promised.
Awsome n' thanks, ive been wanting to see what the magnet train ws like for ages

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2016
Pokethlon, Bug Catching Contest or random Poke Gear calls
You forgot Bill's grandfather.

I have a question: is there any location I can evolve Eevee to Leafeon/Glaceon? And a place that comes instead of Mt. Coronet for evolutions?

Thanks in advance.

Guy

just a guy
Years
You forgot Bill's grandfather.

I have a question: is there any location I can evolve Eevee to Leafeon/Glaceon? And a place that comes instead of Mt. Coronet for evolutions?

Thanks in advance.
No location has been found in which evolving Eevee into Leafeon/Glaceon or any of the other Mt. Coronet Evolution Pokémon as yet. It is unknown if any of these aspects were included within the game or if the player must have access to trade between DPPt to allow such evolution. However, there is speculation relating to this such as the questionable Rock Capsule, etc. but this too is not confirmed to allow evolution such as this.

Ru-Kun

bleh...
Years
I beat Clair, but she didn't give me a badge, so I figured I had to go to the Dragon's Den and get the Dragon Fang or something like that. So I go there and there is this whirlpool, but I don't have any Pokemon that know whirlpool. Is there a move touter that can teach that or do I have to raise a whirlpool knowing Pokemon?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Lance gives u waterfall HM after the team rocket incident in Mahogany...
rathirlpool, you mean? But yes, you get it from him. (And although you can find the Dragon's Fang it's not what you have to do - go into the Den itself and answer the quiz. Doesn't matter if you get it wrong as he just repeats the questions, but if you get them right the first time you can get an ExtremeSpeed Dratini if you leave and talk to Clair and come back, as opposed to a normal Dratini. Correct answers are Top, Top, Bottom, Top and Middle in that order from the 3 options).

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
How do u necessarilly get the dratini? I didnt get it and i answered all of the questions right. Who do u talk to?
after you get the answers correct, when you are about to exit CLAIR gives you a TM, exit the Dragon's Den, re-enter, go and they will give you the ES Dratini (have a free slot in your party).

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
>>where's the squirt bottle in Goldenrod?

Easy. West by the Goldenrod Gym, there's a pink (kind of) house. Enter, and talk to the lady.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
Quick Question I've been wondering about, since I'm planning to take a group of Pokémon through every region/game (Start in LeafGreen, trade to Ruby, migrate to Platinum and then trade to HeartGold when the English version is released) and complete the game.

I was wondering if, when a Pokémon originally caught in Gen III Kanto, it's caught location will show up as the same on HG/SS? For instance, will a Pikachu caught in Viridian Forest in LeafGreen say it was caught in Viridian Forest when it is traded to the new games?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
>>I was wondering if, when a Pokémon originally caught in Gen III Kanto, it's caught location will show up as the same on HG/SS? For instance, will a Pikachu caught in Viridian Forest in LeafGreen say it was caught in Viridian Forest when it is traded to the new games?

I don't really know about D/P/P/HG/SS (since I haven't tried) but if you trade from LF/FR to R/S/E and vise versa you get the following description:
"X nature, obtained in a trade"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back