• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RPG Maker XP: Coding tutorials livestream.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
Years
Well, this is at the moment just a thread to ask everyone of the game development community. Would you guys like to see a Coding tutorial series that could be run every Friday on a generalised time zone where people could ask questions on how to code certain things, and be able to learn how to do it. If enough people are interested in the idea, I'd be more than happy to do it.

carmaniac

Years
Sounds like a cool idea to me. Just make sure you go into it with some ideas for topics incase the stream audience's are a bit iffy, they don't have many, etc.

Putting them up on YouTube afterwards would also be a big plus.

Indeed seems a good idea there on uploading after the session. I've only decided to do this to try get the game development section a bit more populated, as I've noticed a lot of games die off due to the fact that they don't have any programmers, or that the owner gives up on trying to develop their game due to losing motivation from not being able to find a good, straight forward coding tutorial.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Carmaniac whats up dude been awhile, it could certainly be a good idea... It could be nice if you had a few programmers who answer questions for people.. There is more than one way to program most things and different approaches would be nice.

carmaniac

Years
Carmaniac whats up dude been awhile, it could certainly be a good idea... It could be nice if you had a few programmers who answer questions for people.. There is more than one way to program most things and different approaches would be nice.

Not too bad, been dabbling on codes here and there, just testing what I can and can't do :D I might as well share what I learn, as it's only going to go to waste anyway when I start work next month.

carmaniac

Years
Well, it would seem quite a few people are interested in the series. If people could suggest a time for the series to start on the Friday(I can push it to Saturday if it doesn't meet with me) I would be grateful. But the question is right now, what would be the main thing you guys would like to learn how to do?

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
Well, it would seem quite a few people are interested in the series. If people could suggest a time for the series to start on the Friday(I can push it to Saturday if it doesn't meet with me) I would be grateful. But the question is right now, what would be the main thing you guys would like to learn how to do?

While I may watch them I dunno If i can answer this question that well, but If this is a way to press the boundaries of your skill I'd say start with something you find challenging. You could also start with the basics. I dunno. If I were looking to teach others that is where I'd start but I wouldn't go over the fundamentals(Syntax, loops etc) I'd just teach them how to do certain things. The choice is yours really.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
Years
Teach them the basics of scripting. That way, when you introduce more complicated scripts, they will understand the concepts

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Seems good.
After said Live stream episode, would they be permanantly able to be watched at any time?

carmaniac

Years
Yes, they would be fully access-able all the time. They will mostly be upload to YouTube two weeks after the episode. Although, Friday will be cancelled due to college running late tomorrow, so it will be running Saturday, first showing at 11am GMT+0 or at 5PMGMT+0 if no one can make the first time. I'll post up the live stream link the night before.

Back