• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
I'm a little confused as to how the other way works.
Well, you should have a Pokemon Ruby ROM and the Light Platinum IPS (if you don't, you have deeper problems!). In Windows (or whatever), copy the exact name of the ROM (minus the .gba) and change the name of the LP IPS to exactly that (leaving the .ips). Then, using your emulator, open the Ruby ROM.

Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2012
Well, you should have a Pokemon Ruby ROM and the Light Platinum IPS (if you don't, you have deeper problems!). In Windows (or whatever), copy the exact name of the ROM (minus the .gba) and change the name of the LP IPS to exactly that (leaving the .ips). Then, using your emulator, open the Ruby ROM.

So I change the name of the ips but what do I do with it after?

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
I'm playing a version with the Sinnoh starters. Can someone please tell me where to get the surf HM.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
sorry, all ok now...and very good rom hack!
> Pokémons of all Regions (Johto, Kanto, Hoen, Sinnoh)
> Trips for another areas
> All Pokemons Legendarys
> All New's sprites
> All New's events
> All New's Tiles
> New Event Final: Pokemon World Championshipl "

When the game is complete, you can capture all existing Pokemon as you say this statement?

in this time (until the 4th gym) there are many Pokemon in the game?

bye

Last edited:
Years
wow, really nice game.
I enjoyed much playing it. =]
a major thing that kinda bumbed me out was lack of world map.
i dunno, i rly like the concept of a world map...
anyway, really enjoyed this demo
and here are my pokes at the end of the 4th gym =]
frame0.png

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
wow, really nice game.
I enjoyed much playing it. =]
a major thing that kinda bumbed me out was lack of world map.
i dunno, i rly like the concept of a world map...
anyway, really enjoyed this demo
and here are my pokes at the end of the 4th gym =]
frame0.png

Are you playing the English Version? If you are, then Thomas (4th Gym Leader)
should be pretty hard to beat.

Steeldude

Ace Trainer
Years
I finished the beta. Really enjoyable.
My team: Rhyhorn (36), Quagsire (37), Vespiquen (36), Luxray (36), Nuzleaf (38), Typhlosion (38).
The WATER Leader was the hardest one for me.
Well, after finishing beta I always play with the wtw cheat to see possible new areas in new betas. I managed to reach Fallarbor Town and there is one house with something like a rock instead of a door. It looks like this:

and inside I found this funny Giratina asking me if I am making any Poké Blocks:

very funny, I think :D

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
@Steeldude: You shouldn't do that, you know.

Anyway Wesley, the beta is great but I was really disappointed over your reaction of not getting the first award on the HotY.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2010
@Steeldude: You shouldn't do that, you know.

Anyway Wesley, the beta is great but I was really disappointed over your reaction of not getting the first award on the HotY.
Why not XD I do the same, nice. The Giratina is really good :D I saw him too.

Years
  • Seen Sep 24, 2010
This hack is insanly good, loved every bit of it, best pokemon-game i've played so far :)

Have an of topic question, where can I find full releases of these hacks, and yes I know this is a beta, but i wondered if there was some good hacks that was complete?

And it must be based of FireRed or such, cus' i can't stand the older versions :P like yellow, gold etc ;)

Back