• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Years
He swam closer, courious. Flan, Munch, and Snort where surprised to see who they assumed squirted Munch. It was a...............

......Remoraid! Atlus awoke with a start, surprised to see it approaching his three pokemon, almost as if out of curiosity. He ran up to where his pokemon were, surprising them. It surprised the Remoraid too, and it turned around to run away. Atlus was going to put a stop to that.

"Munch, Use Grass Knot, we are going to reel this fish in!" Munch took out a long, thin vine from under the leaf on his back, and lassoed it around the retreating Remoraid. It almost pulled the Purple Leafed Sewaddle in, if Atlus didn't grab him. Useing the vine, Atlus pulled the fish in, eventually the fish gave in and decided to use it's remaining energy to fight back. It shot an acidic spray from it's mouth, weakening Munch, and damageing it badly. "Alright, you can do it, counter with a Razor Leaf!" Munch was not able to put full power into it. but (almost) all the sharp leaves hit their target, who wasn't doing so good himself. The Remoraid breathed heavily, two grass type moves from a slightly stronger oppenent, and the attempt to escape before tiring it out quickly. Atlus quickly threw the pokeball, the Remoraid turning into red energy. The pokeball shook as it floated torward land, but clicked shut for good as it washed up on shore.

He let the Remoraid out of the pokeball, so his pokemon could get aquainted. Up close, the Remoraid smelled of old sushi. "Flan, use Wish on the Remoraid and Munch, they both look close to fainting." Flan closed her eyes, and glowed briefly, a while later both the Remoraid and Munch glowed, healing them back up. The Remoraid looked up at him expectantly, while Atlus though of a name for the new Remoraid. "Hmmmmm...........What about Calamari?" He had heard that this water type evolved into an Octillery, an octopus looking pokemon, and thought he should plan ahead for the evolution. The Remoraid was initially confused, but he eventually nodded yes, since it was ok. He then steped back to watch as his pokemon talked amongst themselves.

プリンセスサファイア

Sapphire Princess
Years
Amanda Smith

Amanda nodded with a smile. "yeah, it's always a great thing to have someone watching your back, especially in that terrain, you never really know what could happen" she said taking a bite of her salad and chewing as her Pokemon dug into their food. "That works with me, though I don't know what your dads gonna say about us going where he told us not to" she said before remembering something. "oh I haven't introduced my other Pokemon yet, you know Shadow and Psy, the Gothita is Shade and the Mushrana's name is Mistress"

Sapphire Dillon

Sapphire blushed a bit as he steadied her, "I'm fine thanks Bri" she said before looking down at Bea who was trying to look innocent. "someone wasn't watching where she was going" she shook her head before looking back at Bri. "That's really cool, I don't really know what I want to do, my dad's a hiker and he's traveled around the world he's been to about every mountain. My parents sent me here for the learning experience" she sighed looking a little sad. "I miss home a lot, I've never been this far away before."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia smiled, "I'm actually from Kanto as well. More specifically from Saffron. I have been to Celadon a few times, mostly with my parents for their business trips but it seems like it is a very lovely city." Lucia said. After Danielle offered an invitation for Lucia to go around the academy with Lucia nodded, "Why I would enjoy taking in the sites with you. I've only made one friend so far, and you seem to have manners, unlike others around here..." Her thoughts briefly turned to the boy who had pranked the pokemon center.

It was then that she noticed that Danielle hadn't reacted to her last name at all. Was it possible that she supported her family or at the very least was neutral about them? Either that or she was ignorant like everyone else on this campus, but Lucia highly doubted that. Danielle had just shown that she was a quick thinker as well as one of the few trainers who had proper manners. Perhaps Lucia could have her meet Jack later on today and the three could become their own little group of close friends? If she played her cards right that very thing might happen. All she would have to do is call Jack later today and invite him to meet Danielle and she could start establishing herself within the Academy.

Lucia looked down at Diana and reached into her pocket and pulled out her Max Revive and sprayed it onto the Aron. It was only a few seconds later that Diana began to stir. She looked down at Mienfoo and quickly began to struggle in Lucia's arms. Lucia sighed and withdrew Diana back into her pokeball. "Just rest for now Diana." She said with a sigh. That little Aron would need a lot of work.

Roberto stood rigid behind Lucia as the Scizor made sure to take in his surroundings. He was very aware that the boy was still in the tree and he made note that a Charmeleon seemed to be with him as well. Roberto made a note to also start keeping tabs on Danielle as well. If anyone was targeting Lucia, then they might also start targeting Danielle as well.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
"I'm pretty sure they sell some kind of tech somewhere in Oak Town. After all, it's a Pokemon academy. They got to have plenty of trainer needs around here so I'm sure they would have Pokegear or other variations. I got mine when I was a kid." Mark said. The terrain was getting more mountainous at this rate. Mark was starting to see more pokemon that would reside in this area. He was keeping a much closer eye on something that would interest him... anybody could catch something like a Geodude. They were fairly comon Pokemon. He wanted something a bit more rare then that...

Len scratched his back when Alexis mentioned how much Len was complimenting her. She did have a point. Maybe it didn't matter by typing but he figured that just they're typing had to mean something. Snype was going out with a plant practicly... Len later just figured he was thinking way too much into it.

"Oh Len's been giving compliments eh? You've been extremely nice to her lately Len!" Snype said with a smirk. "But yeah, good to see you two are getting along. Good thing I got you two to meet with each other. Len needed a close friend here in the academy."

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
"Yeah, that's what I was thinking" Daniel replied, nodding his head a little, looking up ahead at what seemed to be a rather crude road, or... at least somewhere a couple of people had been walking, a path made out in the slightly rocky and less grassy area, very slowly starting to steep upwards.
"I think I'll head there after our trip, see what I can get. You'd probably want to go heal up your new Pokémon or train with it or something, so I'll just head off on my own, I guess." He gave a little shrug, smiling as he turned his head to watch a flock of Pidgeys flying overhead, his gaze caught by a Diglett moving underground again nearby.
"Hmh… do you think we should head inside of a cave if we find one? Maybe we can find some shyer Pokémon further inside of the mountain."

Alexis just rolled her eyes at Snype, snickering playfully as her tail moved up to trail the tip of the bolt against Len's back almost teasingly. "Well, he's got one now! I know we've only just met, but I really like you two, and Daniel gets along well with Mark! So I don't see a reason we –shouldn't- be friends. Besides, you're really sweet, and you technically were my first friends here."
Pausing a moment, Alexis glanced up at the Pidgeys flying by above them, her ears twitching a little, peering back at the academy. "Hmh, we've already gone quite a way… I hope we won't find something too tough. I can handle the weaker Pokémon, but I don't know if I could handle something like an Onix…"

She shrugged a little and looked ahead of herself again, a playful smirk playing on her lips while peering up at Snype. She quickly looked away again as her long tail moved up behind Len once more, poking Snype's shoulder faintly before quickly swiping back, waving in the air behind Alexis, who walked n as if nothing had happened.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Rafael smiled as the Togetic hit the Ambipom with an Areial Ace attack and sent it flying backwards only relying on it's two back tails that acted as hands to keep it on balance when it fellto the ground. The boy with the Dugtrio told it to use Ancient Power. The Dugtrio did as told and Rocks from the ground came up into the air and started to fly towards my Riolu and Togetic.

" Riolu use Force Palm to protect the Togetic " The Riolu listened closely and started to punch the rocks that went close to the Togetic or it. After the attack was over the riolu let a sweatdrop fall from it's face.

" Now finish this with your Blaze Kick " The Riolu's foot caught on fire and the foot was sent towards the Ambipom and Dugtrio with an extreme speed and knocked the Ambipom out. The boy looked shocked.

" Dugtrio finish this battle with Earthquake " The Dugtrio did as it was told and made the ground shake violently knocking my Riolu off balance but not doing anything to the flying Togetic
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zora was just walking out of the forest and looked around feeling a littl worried. She smiled when she noticed that she was on the beach. She sat near the water and slightly put her feet into the water smiling. Her Zorua came up to her and giggled mischeviosly and sat next to her. She saw something in the water that looked like it was staring at her. She stood up and the Pokemon did the same but it also moved a little bit closer to her. She could now see it clearly it had a fin on the top of it's head and one gill on each of it's cheeks.

" Mud Kip Mudki " It said in a cute little voice and then I knew that it was freshly hatched and a newborn. She smiled at it and it walked a little bit closer and shot a friendly shot of water at Zora and it hit her in her face. She didn't want to catch it because it was a newborn but she promised it that she would always come every day and play with it until it got strong enough to come with her.

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Miharu hadn't realised where she was going, so it was a slight shock when she saw Lucia and another girl battling. She watched in the background a bit and shook her head slightly when Lucia lost. It was a good battle, but, perhaps, not what she was expecting out of the girl. Especially since Lucia had been confident in the way that she felt that she could take both Cynthia and Miharu down. Well, then again, Lucia had been at a disadvantage.

Miharu smiled and whistled. She started to walk away.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Danielle Accola - Academy Grounds

"That's amazing! Saffron is like...not that far from Celadon. It's great to see someone that's also from Kanto." Danielle and Lucia stood around talking, just a few minutes after the battle. Lucia is a fellow Kantoan, just like Danielle. Only difference is that she's from Saffron City, home of the Gym Leader Sabrina. As Danielle offered Lucia to check out the campus with her and Mienfoo, she accepted. She was looking for someone to take in the sights as well.

"Why I would enjoy taking in the sites with you. I've only made one friend so far, and you seem to have manners, unlike others around here... " she said happily.

"Oh?" Danielle murmured. So did Mienfoo. "I haven't met any of the students here just yet so I can't give you much of an opinion. You're the first person I've met here, actually, so you're quite lucky." And it was quite true, she hasn't met anyone at all. During three hours of unpacking at the Suicune Dorm was all about organization. She didn't give herself time to meet the other dormmates.

As Lucia cured Diana of battle wounds with a Max Revive, she returned her to her Pokeball. Mienfoo stared at the ray of beam aimed at Diana, and returning her to the inside of the PokeBall. She sighed at the ball.

"Sounds like it's going to take some time for you to train that Aron." Danielle said. "It takes patience. I'm sure she'll be better in battling next time." Danielle didn't want to make Lucia feel bad. Usually her compliments after battling with trainers, including her friends back in Celadon, make them better battlers. It was a sign that even though she is competitive, she also cared for the trainers and the Pokemon. Danielle hopes for the best in Lucia and Diana.

"Hey, why not we check out the cafeteria first? I haven't ate since I left Celadon." Danielle offered. Her stomach growled loudly. She then placed her hand on her abdomen.

Mienfoo laughed, but his stomach started to growl as well. He giggled.​

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw
Academy Cafeteria Hallway

Battle? Alice wasn't very sure about that. She didn't know much about battling, and she was very sure that she would lose. Still holding Jello in her arms, Alice looked at the boy who challenged her for a little while. She did not know what his Pokémon were, and she had both of her Pokémon out. One of them didn't have much battling experience, and the other one was caught earlier that day. What should she do?

"Um, I'm...not very good at battles..." she said nervously, and looked down to see Chuck giving her puppy eyes.

It seemed that the Grimer wanted to battle. He hugged his trainer's legs with his yucky, gooey arms, which made Alice uncomfortable.

"Okay, okay, you win!" she said, "We'll battle..."

Chucked smiled and let go of Alice to prepare himself for the battle, stretching his arms and making fists. Alice knew she was very likely to lose, and her smile was no longer on her face.

"But let's go outside for that. Shall we?"

Jimmy Vincent

Academy Grounds

Kaida smiled and rubbed her head against Rosalyn. Jimmy, by the time she talked to him, was standing next to him, and rolled his eyes when he saw his Druddigon do...what she was doing. He looked down to take a look at his ripped clothes. His jeans had now holes, revealing Jimmy's knees, his Raikou Dorm jacket was missing its right sleeve, and is T-shirt was full of scratches. He sighed, and turned his attention back at Rosalyn who, for some reason, didn't say anything about his messed up hairdo or his clothes.

"Yeah, he'll pay soon enough." he said, "He lost, so I'll let him go for now. But he should not mess with me again, I tell ya."

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Team Freaking Rocket - Undisclosed Location
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, in a secret location, a man with a slight taste for the color orange was having a very... /interesting/ conversation with his secretary. This man was Giovanni, and the secretary was named Matori. They were in private.

Giovanni: "...Is everything ready?"

Matori: "Yes sir."

Giovanni: "Good. I want a full briefing given on the trip over. I don't want anyone second-guessing themselves."

Matori: "Understood."

Matori moved to exit the room, however after a brief moment of silence Giovanni continued, prompting her to stop.

Giovanni: "...One /other/ thing. Get in contact with a pair of our Class A agents. I want them ready to move out if need be."

Not a great deal of time later, on a ship bound for none other than Oak Island, Matori's face appeared on the screen of a somewhat odd looking phone. The phone was located on a bed and propped up by a retractable stand. Around this bed were gathered a small group of children, innocent looking enough on their own. They wore a mixture of every dorm's jackets with no particular pattern, though the number that wore Suicune Dorm jackets were /somewhat/ greater than the rest.

Matori: "I presume we're in private..."

A chorus of affirmations quietly acknowledged the screen. The students had all taken... mildly extensive measures to make sure they'd be unheard for at least a short time.

Matori: "Good. You all know why you're here, but I've been asked to make sure. Your mission is to infiltrate the academy posing as legitimate students. You're all more than competent enough to handle anything these classes throw at you, but for your convenience we will have remote agents standing by to assist you in getting any tedious academic work out of the way. First and foremost you are to find out what the staff is up to. We want to know why the most powerful trainers in the entire world are all gathered in one place--to teach. Report your findings remotely. In addition, if this 'academy' is as effective as it advertises there may be... talent to be recruited there. All recruits are to be brought before Executive attention as soon as possible so that they can be evaluated. They will then assist you on your mission until further notice on probationary status. Operate with great caution however. If discovered by a student, use force and witt as necessary to prevent alerting the population, most especially the staff. I recommend saving your class B amnesiacs for... emergencies. All discoveries by staff should be considered emergencies, as well as any discovery where you are threatened with proof. If worst comes to worst and you are discovered without hope of mitigating the situation, maintain silence regarding our mision until we can arrange a recovery effort. You've all been provided with a set of neural scramblers that will prevent mind reading within about 12.2 meters. Beware of psychics however, as they may become suspicious of this. You're all equipped with digital overlay shades, access to plenty of remote funds for relevant purchases only, and each of you should've been given one pokemon of great strength to assist you in whatever you need.

...Do /not/ get caught. Understood?"

Another chorus of 'yes', 'understood', and other affirmations was heard. The boat was close to arriving, and an announcement was made over the ship's intercom. Matori dismissed the young rocket spies to do their job and they went on there way, deliberately splitting up. When they finally got off the boat, they split up again. Within hours they were all over the academy, an entire small group of children trained to pretend to be students. They had malicious intents though, and they weren't planning on leaving any time soon.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

"Sounds like it's going to take some time for you to train that Aron. It takes patience. I'm sure she'll be better in battling next time."

Lucia nodded and smiled. Danielle seemed to be a very nice person, and so well versed in manners. It seemed that Lucia had found the perfect person to be her friend here at the Academy. Much better to have someone to stand with her against all the unruly students that were already here.

"Hey, why not we check out the cafeteria first? I haven't ate since I left Celadon." Danielle said. Lucia smiled, "I've already eaten, but I do know where the cafeteria is. This Academy is very large and I was turned around more than once when I got here. It's just over here." Lucia led the way into one of the buildings and right toward the cafeteria. There were students moving about and as she looked around she didn't spot Miharu or Cynthia anywhere. She guessed she was due for a round of good luck. "Alright, you can get your food and I'll find a place for us to sit."

Lucia looked among the tables and found one that was empty and was neat and clean. She walked over and sat down while Roberto leaned against the wall, having his eyes once again scour over the area. Lucia turned to the Scizor, "Roberto, what do you think of Danielle? A good friend to have here?"

The Scizor just stared ahead and gave a quick nod. Lucia smiled, "Well, I'm glad you approve. It'll be nice to have a friend to hang out with. Perhaps she could help me catch a Cubone later today or tomorrow? More likely tomorrow. I just cleaned up and I'm not sure if that crazy Aggron is still looking for us in there."

Roberto was silent. Lucia looked at Samuel's pokeball and released the Absol. She petted his silky fur, "Samuel, I'm designating you as Diana's teacher. Show her how a Bernavard truly battles."

Samuel nodded in response and Lucia just waited for Danielle to return.

Years
As Atlus stepped back and sat down, Flan, Munch, Snort, and the newly captured Remoraid, Calamari, went to talking, in their pokemon language, though Atlus liked to watch for entertainment and to make sure fights didn't break out.

"So, what is this trainer like, since I have to now listen to him." Calamari asked.
"He is a good trainer, he cares for us, to say the least -snort-." Snort comments.
"He has done ok, he isn't really confident in trainer battles, but he is getting there. Not near as good as his older brother, but treats me a lot better than he did." Flan said, remembering the coldness of Atlus' older brother for weaker pokemon, and the training.
"Is something wrong, Munch, you seem quiet. You would ussually talk up a storm about how Atlus has had you the longest, and such." Snort says worryingly.
Munch said, as if sick, "Ya, I think I'm going to..........!!!"

A faint glow grew brighter, then suddenly, a flash of light emited from the once small grass/bug pokemon. It expanded to the size of a basketball, then as suddenly as it started, It stoped, and Munch....Evolved into a Swadloon!!! "Whoa, YOU EVOLVED MUNCH!!!" Atlus shouted as he ran up and gave Munch a hug.
"Swad-LOOON Swad swad(I'm REALLY hungry now)." Atlus had known Munch enough to guess Munch was hungry, and a capture and an evolution was more than enough to celebrate. Besides, Calamari probally hasn't had a good meal. "Lets go back to the cafeteria for a quick meal to celebrate Munch and Calamari!" Atlus returned Flan and Calamari, Munch took perch on his shoulder, and Snort obediantly followed. He started to walk slowly back to the Cafeteria.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Len shook a bit as Alexis slightly felt his back with the tip of her sharp tail. He knew it had to be her because Snype was on his shoulder and all. She seemed to tease him a bit with her tail. He was charmed though when she said that she liked them both and was happy to be friends with them.

"Thanks Alexis. I like you to! Considering I don't got alot of friends in the school compared to Snype up here... Still I'm glad I got to know you." Len said. Snype simply snickered, shaking a bit when Alexis did the same thing with her tail to him.

"Kehehe, that's cute Len! What else do ya got you smooth talker you?" Snype said jokingly. Len laughed along with him and reached up to grab Snype's arm and hold him in front of him. Len shot a burst of Water Gun straight at him and got him completely soaked. Afterwards Snype gave off a fairly unamused face.

"Thanks Len but I just took a bath." Snype said.

Mark was looking around for something he could possibly catch, until Daniel mentioned looking in caves... hmm. He didn't think of going on that kind of adventure but... why not?

"Caves huh? Somebody is feeling adventurous!" Mark complimented. As he looked around for a cave to search around he caught a glimpse of a certain pokemon. It was a purple bat like thing that had a spiked tail... He couldn't tell what time it was but it was heading into a nearby cave. For some reason, Mark just had the urge to go after it. Seemed like a pokemon that would fit in well enough with his team.

"...Comon lets head into that cave over there." Mark said.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
"Kehehe, that's cute Len! What else do ya got you smooth talker you?"
Alexis snickered quietly, looking up at the two. As Len pulled Snype off of his shoulder and splashes him with a water gun, she burst into a giggle, smiling at the sight of the soaked Snype.

"Awh, poor Snype. Though you –were- asking for it. Oh, hold on, I think we're going into a cave. We better be on our guard." She nodded towards the cave the group was now headed for.

"Heh, of course! I love adventuring, and there's always some interesting stuff in caves." He grinned a little excitedly, the nervousness almost completely gone as he started getting used to being around Mark.
He turned his head towards the cave Mark was moving towards, raising his brows after seeing a glimpse of something moving around inside of it. "Mmh… alright. But we better be careful, rock and ground Pokémon can be pretty tough…"

As they entered the cave, Daniel narrowed his eyes slightly, almost unable to see anything further into the cave than a few meters. "Alex', could you come up here, please?"

Alexis glanced at Len and Snype, giving them a smile before moving up in front of Daniel. The further into the cave she got, themore did she begin shining, as if she was a lightbulb. The glow, created from the constant, miniscule discharge, wasn't all that powerful, but it made them able to see at least a little further in front of them. Daniel glanced to Mark, grinning a little.
"It's handy having an electric Pokémon who's discharging constantly." Her tail also seemed to be glowing more firmly than her body itself.

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
After finding an empty bench close to one of the dorms, Oscar sat down the egg and then sat down himself. Leaning back, he let out a long sigh and glanced at the egg next to him and then at the envelope in his hand. His first day had already been quite...eventful. Exploring a swamp, having a battle, receiving an egg...was every day at the academy like this? Not that he was complaining or anything, but it was certainly different from what he was used to. Directing his attention to the envelope, he decided to read it later and put it into his bag.

He took a quick glance around the area, trying to figure out what to do next, before noticing a girl, a student probably, battling a rather tall man who seemed to be too old to be a student...a teacher maybe? But wasn't the teachers here at the academy very powerful trainers? According to what he had heard, some of them were even gym leaders! He started to watch the battle with mild interest. Meanwhile, Flora jumped up on the bench as well and curiously inspected the egg, but jumped back when it suddenly moved slightly.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Danielle Accola - Academy Cafeteria

Danielle and Lucia had agreed to get some grub at the cafeteria. Though Lucia had already ate, she agreed to accompany Danielle. The Cafeteria was at the far side of the campus, so it was somewhat of a long walk. Inside, it was more beautifully decorated and organized than the one in her old private school. It was half-full. Lucia and her Scizor, Roberto went ahead and started looking for a table somewhere near the entrance, while Danielle and Mienfoo went to grab food.

"Isn't this amazing, Mienfoo?" Danielle happily asked Mienfoo about her recent connection with Lucia, while she gets a red tray from the stacks. "I can't stop bragging for the fact that I have made a new friend already." She grabbed a cup of chocolate pudding and placed it in the tray. "This is the best school ever so far. What do you think, Mienfoo?"

"Mienfoo...!" Mienfoo replied. He was glancing at the large bowl of pudding Danielle had gotten. He was hoping he would get another for himself, as he is more hungrier than she is.

"I'm sure Lucia will do great with her recently captured Aron. She just needs practice with obeying her though. Even though you both have battled, I'm sure you guys will be great friends. Even with her Scizor!" Danielle moved to the main course entry stand which had a variety of choices from hamburgers to tacos.

Danielle grabbed a plate of Fettuccine Alfredo sprinkled with garlic and spices on top. "Even the food looks delish!" She also grabbed three oatmeal cookies, a bottle of cola-flavored soda, and sprinkled her Fettuccine Alfredo with Parmesan cheese. "Hey Mienfoo, do you want me to grab you a berry salad or do you want PokeBits?" She looked at Mienfoo, who was staring at her pudding.

"Mienfooooooo. Mien!" He immediately replied. He started tapping his foot, showing impatience for food.

"Okay then. I'm already done with my part. I'm doing yours," she said, "You're carrying your own food, just so you know."​

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell Leggingsteele
Academy Grounds
------------------------------

Maxwell smiled when Genevieve took his hand in hers. She was smiling as well, but there was something that wasn't right... Her smile wasn't like it had been on previous days, this time, it was sad. Maxwell also recognized the sadness in her eyes, had something happened to her? Whatever it was, he felt obliged to help her sort this out. What kind of boyfriend would he be if he didn't help her ut? Not a very good one, that's for sure.

He lowered his head and gently whispered in Genevieve's ear,
"I know that something is wrong. You can tell me about it later, because I will try to help you with it. You do know that I want you to feel better, right?"

He then raised his head while reaching for the Weedle, who had managed to squirm out of Maxwell's grip. Now it instead tried to sting the human who had, oh so ruthlessly, tried to hold it against its will. However, Maxwell's grip once again enclosed the Weedle around its second segment as he lifted it up.

"This little guy?" He asked and held the Weedle in front of Genevieve, "His name is Shinobi, and he's a pretty sneaky bug. He managed to steal my money, thinking it was food, right on front of my nose!"

"Weedle, wee, dle!"[I wasn't thinking that it was food!] the Weedle, now dubbed Shinobi, shouted.

"Sla, koth, koth, sla?"[Then why did you try to steal my trainer's money?] Slackey responded. The Normal-type had gotten up on his feet after the fall, and now he trotted towards Shinobi.

"Dle."[Because.] Shinobi answered. He tried to squirm out of Maxwell's grip again, but to no avail. Sigh, what was he gonna do now? Well, the Weedle did the only sensible thing that he could think of. Attacking. The smaller stinger on the tip of Shinobi's tail started to glow with a purple-ish color before he quickly stabbed it in Maxwell's hand. The teen let an "OUCH!" escape his lips as the grip aroud Shinobi loosened enough for the Weedle to jump out. The bug landed promptly on the ground and ran a few feet away from them. He then started to speak,

[I am... I am...] He cut himself off, [Dangit! I don't have a good name! I guess that 'Shinobi'-suggestion will do for now.] The Weedle said under his breath. [ERHM! I am Shinobi! The most fearsome Weedle on this island, no, in the whole universe!] he shouted, [You will back away now, or you will perish under the sharpness of my mighty stinger!]

"Lava, qui, qui!"[Most fearsome Weedle in the universe? Wow, what an accomplishment!] Quillie said sarcastically as he had seen everything that had been going on.

[Wait... That was sarcasm right? I didn't think you were able to comprehend such complexity!] Slackey said teasingly and looked at Quillie.

[Shut it.] The Quilava responded.

[Who do you think you are, mouthing off to me like that?!] Shinobi shouted at Quillie. How dared this idiot mock him? Ooohh he was gonna teach him one thing or two about respect!

[You wanna fight? Sure bring it on!] Quillie retaliated. He assumed a battle stance in front of the Weedle, ready to strike at any moment.

[You bet I want to! You're going down!]

Faster than one would imagine, Shinobi had set off towards Quillie. The stinger on his head glowed with a purple light again as he hit the Fire-type square in the face. Quillie tumbled back a bit, holding his paws in front of his face. That attack had really stung him. The Quilava quickly got back up on his feet, he wasn't gonna let a stupid bug best him like this! His front paws now started to glow in a white light, the Quilava took off towards Shinobi. He raised his paw high up in the air before he quickly slammed it against the Weedle's forehead. The bug tumbled around and remained on the ground, gasping for air. The battle had clearly taken a lot out of him.

[Dangit! Why can't I beat anybody?! I just want to get stronger!] Shinobi said. Quillie went silent for a moment. Then he did something unexpected, he reached out his paw towards the bug.

[If you want to get stronger, you should come with us.] He said. Shinobi just looked at the Quilava for a moment, then he latched onto the Pokémon's paw.

[If you say that I will get stronger, I see no problem joining up with you guys. After all, your trainer already gave me a name...] Shinobi said.

Maxwell could instantly see what was happening, and it made him a bit surprised. He didn't very often see Quillie being so friendly to a Pokémon from the get go. But that didn't matter, looks like he had a new team-member on his hands. But as Maxwell reached into his pocket for an empty Pokéball, he realized that there was none. He checked the other pocket, nope, no Pokéballs there either... Well that was just splendid, he knew that he forgot something. But then he thought that you would probably be able to purchase Pokéballs in Oak Town. Or rather, you had to be able to purchase Pokéballs in Oak Town. So the teen just whistled the twoPokémon over to his side, waiting to advance.

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
Years
Dante

The rest of the time class went fairly quickly and at the end Byron dismissed everybody. With class done, Dante left the classroom and headed outside. Once outside, Dante started his way to the go explore some more of the island. Knowing that went up the mountain and in the forest, Dante sent out Combusken to keep him company as he explored the island. Dante first headed over to the dorm to drop some things off and to grab some items. On he's way to the dorm, Dante saw some students that he never seen before.

"Hmm, so I might need a heavy jacket, rope, some ice heals, and some potions", Dante said to himself as he walked to his room. "Oh, and a map."

Once at his room, Dante got the items that he needed. After he got the items, Dante ran out of his room and headed for the door.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Isaac Deladius & Orion Riecher
academy grounds outside the Cafeteria: Tale of two Stoics

"Well of course we'd battle outside. I'm not looking to getexpelled anytime soon." Isaac said.

He rolled his eyes at the comment. Sometimes people just hadto state the obvious. Isaac headed on outside to an apparently recently usedbattlefield. It wasn't too beat up, but had obvious signs of use. Isaac stoodat one side and waited for his opponent. With the sun high in the near noon skyIsaac began to feel the heat and decided to shed his green windbreaker. Hedropped the coat next to him and picked some green lint of his dark gray shirt.The bits of fluff floated off in a slight breeze. Isaac was actually gauging the environment: plenty of sun, barely any wind, and a plain empty field withminor ware.

"This ought to do nicely. Ace can pull off his moves here,and so can Raizer." Isaac muttered.

Over in a nearby tree Orion still perched. He was about todescend after the girl had finished her battle, but stopped when he saw thesilver haired boy take his place on the field. Orion thought back to before hecame to the academy. Sarah had sent him some letters about another student shemet. Orion forgot the kid's name, but Sarah had mentioned him having gray hair.For someone in their teens it couldn't be very common. Sarah said the guy was apretty good battler, if not a bit eccentric. For curiosities' sake Orion movedback to his perch, but then descended. He leapt down and landed with minimalnoise. If the tree hadn't been directly across the field from Isaac, Orion mayhave gone unnoticed. Isaac instantly saw the other boy, but didn't reallyreact. The kid had no meaning to him. Why should he? Orion started heading overtowards the field, and his Charmeleon jumped to its feet and followed behind.Isaac did watch the boy as he walked across the field.

"Can I help you?" Isaac asked with a hint of annoyance.

"No probably not. Just being a bit curious. Mind if I watch."Orion replied.

"Not like it really matters." Isaac shrugged.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln West

Lincoln shrugged as he finished up his sandwich - he seemed to have practically inhaled it - and wiped his hands with a napkin. "What my pops doesn't know won't hurt him, right? And it's not like anything bad happened, y'know?"

Lincoln grinned and gave Manda's pokemon a small wave. "Hey guys, good to meet you. Enjoy that grub, you're gonna need all the energy you can get for the mountains. Speakin' of, I'm pretty much done Manda. You want me to wait for you or will we meet up after I've spoken to my pops?"

Nika Valentine

Nika stood up from the desk in her room and stretched, her back popping as she reached her arms high into the air. It had been a productive trip into Oak Town, gathering not only supplies but also several books on caring for a pokemon egg to make sure your new pokemon was as healthy and happy as possible. Not only that, but it had been good to familiarise herself with the town. She thought she had spotted quite a number of trainers in the town, both Academy students and otherwise. So many people she could train against... but she had resisted the temptation in further of training her knowledge rather than her battling skills.

After having made the trek back to the Academy and her room in the Suicine Dorm she had meticulously arranged her new purchases into their proper place before sitting at the desk with her pokemon egg nestled in her lap and a book regarding pokemon of the Paras and Parasect line. Seeing as Paras was the newest addition to her team she wanted to learn as much as possible about them. It was a fascinating little pokemon, and like most pokemon of the bug type, evolved early. But that was where things got really interesting.

There were several chapters in the book dedicated to the discussion of Paras' evolution. Along with the expected information regarding size and body shape changes, moves, abilities and other various important issues that came with all pokemon evolution there was a section dedicated to something unusual. The morality of allowing a Paras to evolve. It seemed that, according to a number of researchers when a Paras evolves the small mushrooms on its back actually take over the host body completely, resulting in a much more parasitic relationship. Not only was this why the mushroom becomes such a dominant physical feature of the evolved Parasect, but also why the Paras' lively eyes become blank and glassy after evolution. Essentially, after evolving, the pokemon becomes an odd sort of... plant zombie.

Although the information was unexpected and alarming, Nika didn't particularly see any problem. If Paras weren't meant to evolve that way then... well, they wouldn't. And they evolved so quickly that hers would likely do so before she had time to get attached to it. Her goal as a trainer was to win, to show the world her strength. Not mollycoddle her pokemon.

With that in mind Nika gathered her things and set out through the halls of the Academy, looking for a trainer to battle. Her Paras was going to evolve as soon as possible.​

Back