• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red: The Hard Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2020
I'm free Now,really. Nothing Important for me these days.

EDIT:
I'm Playing the beta you gave me, and I see that Route 22 is completely Unedited. I went to battle my Rival (Demet, Dur)and His team was how it was before. and the grass still has what it had there.

WHAT DID I FIND ON Mt.MOON?
6YcVA.jpg

Last edited:

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
I'm a little concerned about the types for the rival's team. The speed team is heavily flying/electric based and the defensive team is heavily steel based. I don't mean to nitpick, but I think this makes the difficulty of the rival battles uneven. A team centered around Blastoise will be close to annihilated (which is good) whereas a team centered around Charizard might have too much of an advantage.

Of course I haven't taken a good luck at the move sets, so if you engineered those with this kind of thing in mind then forget I said anything.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm a little concerned about the types for the rival's team. The speed team is heavily flying/electric based and the defensive team is heavily steel based. I don't mean to nitpick, but I think this makes the difficulty of the rival battles uneven. A team centered around Blastoise will be close to annihilated (which is good) whereas a team centered around Charizard might have too much of an advantage.

Of course I haven't taken a good luck at the move sets, so if you engineered those with this kind of thing in mind then forget I said anything.

I was concerned that somebody would pick up on this and thanks for doing that, it was kind of a last minute thing and I am aware that his speed team is nowhere near as strong as his offensive team, that is something that I also need to work on.

I played this and I fully love this. I am in full support of this hack.

Thank-you very much, I appreciate the support!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2020
Dear Suicune,
On my way to cerulean city,I saw the black belt,so i healed my pokemon.Next thing I know, I'm controlling red,and he started where the Black belt was.I could only move in a 2x2 square, and i could not go back to Leaf, no matter what i do.
1LWS5.jpg

Oh,and the Green Hair Girl in the gym will not battle me. Did you put the script in?

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Dear Suicune,
On my way to cerulean city,I saw the black belt,so i healed my pokemon.Next thing I know, I'm controlling red,and he started where the Black belt was.I could only move in a 2x2 square, and i could not go back to Leaf, no matter what i do.
1LWS5.jpg

I know, I've removed this Blackbelt, he was glitched and is no longer there anymore, apologies, again there were some errors in the beta I gave you again, I'll try fix these immediately, thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2020
Ok,thanks.
Don't forget that you left Route 22 Unedited(in my beta)
Oh, and the 3rd Rival battle was too easy, Please try to buff it up.

blue

gucci
Years
Ok,thanks.
Don't forget that you left Route 22 Unedited(in my beta)
Oh, and the 3rd Rival battle was too easy, Please try to buff it up.

I've changed Rivals team completely now, but on the 3rd encounter his Pokémon are quite weak but Level 22-25, and the only reason they are weak is because they are pre-evolutions of strong Pokémon with the likes of Dragonite and I can't really have him having a Dragonair/Dragonite at such an early point, they will be much increased by the 4th however.
Route 22 has been edited since.

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
Awesome! I was thinking about doing something like this myself but it looks like you have spared me a lot of work and I am free to just play :) I wish you all the best luck on completing this little extension.

Years
I was looking for a hack like this *--* I still haven't played any Beta yet but I'm going to soon ^^

Are you changing the movesets? I was playing a hacked today and a Weezing keep using Destiny Bond, and when the PP ran out it used Memento... It must be hard to change the way the CPU acts so make sure you give many offensive moves to their pokes. Just a suggestion x)

blue

gucci
Years
Say thanks! Yeah, don't worry the AI is smart enough for a reasonable battle, it wont be Destiny Bond after Destiny Bond.

Liquid Twilight

Super Geek
Years
I was playing this again and I'm surprised how much the national dex pokemon and harder teams can really change the game. I am really looking foreward to the next beta. I would offer to be a beta tester but I think I would play the game more for enjoymeny rather than seek out bugs / help.

I know I posted before about how much I liked it and I don't want it to seem like I'm brown-nosing but I really enjoy this hack and can't wait for the next beta.

Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2020
I forgot to save after getting the SST,so I had to start back at Mt.moon :(.

BTW,some trainers you put into the game don't battle you and when you talk to them, they say something they would say when they lose (Like this one youngster on Route 25 who says "I'll get you next time"or something)

I also wish Staryu came early :( (I'm not requesting that.)

Charizard203

Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2019
I like how you increased the difficulty, but I'd have loved it if he kept his Starter with him (if he had one).

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Looks intresting, might play it when I have the time to do it. I normally don't play hacks, but this looks intresting.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
This looks wicked fun! If you ever need any help with anything I'd love to help. Also I noticed there's a custom trainer section. Are you suggesting that we might be able to put our teams into this wonderful game in the near future? *faints*

EDIT: Oh, I didn't see the bottom........... I'M GOING TO PM YOU MY TEAM RIGHT NOW!

blue

gucci
Years
Having some problems with the trainers regarding levels so the next beta may be pushed back slightly, I basically need to redo some of the trainers.
Won't take too long, hopefully!

blue

gucci
Years
Re-released the Beta, it's the same length but the levels have been changed. The reason for this is people who played the previous beta ended up being overleveled by about 10, in the mid 20's and it was kinda messed up. However I have fixed this so it may seem easy at first but don't be put off, you'll notice it becoming increasingly harder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back