• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Type Emblem: Main thread

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
If you think it's better suited for that I'm fine with using Baton Pass too! :)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
If you think it's better suited for that I'm fine with using Baton Pass too! :)

vulpix.png
: I'm not going to make move decisions for you. I only highlighted the viability and power of Baton Pass. If you don't want the move, that's fine. However, I think Taunt would be the move to replace since all it does is forces the target to use damage moves(it doesn't Taunt or force them to attack you and only you).

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
okay! in that case lets remove Taunt for Baton Pass and not do anything with Feint Attack for now. :)

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
okay! in that case lets remove Taunt for Baton Pass and not do anything with Feint Attack for now. :)

As I said in VM, if it were me(remember this decision is yours to make), I'd replace Fake Tears and Taunt for Feint Attack and Baton Pass. Any thoughts regarding what we should buy with our Poke?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ahhh, i get it. I guess I thought Taunt worked differently, my bad!

In that case, yeah Taunt and Fake Tears can be replaced with Feint Attack and Baton Pass. n_n

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Ahhh, i get it. I guess I thought Taunt worked differently, my bad!

In that case, yeah Taunt and Fake Tears can be replaced with Feint Attack and Baton Pass. n_n

No need to apologize. Just means you're an honorary member of Team :15:

Happen to know where the rest of our crew happens to be? Linus, Hit, Elwind and Rinnia have yet to check in. I hope they're ok and not having Halloween hangovers or something XD

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Would it be okay for Freesia to equip the Black Sludge from Priscilla's inventory? Pretty pleeeease? :D Thank you!! ^_^

2G4SJSn.png

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Would it be okay for Freesia to equip the Black Sludge from Priscilla's inventory? Pretty pleeeease? :D Thank you!! ^_^

2G4SJSn.png

Something tells me you're going to stick with Bulbasaur for awhile unless you plan to cosplay as every darn Grass Type imaginable? I mean which one is next? Grotle?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Something tells me you're going to stick with Bulbasaur for awhile unless you plan to cosplay as every darn Grass Type imaginable? I mean which one is next? Grotle?

Plot twist: I'm actually gonna be sticking with Bulbasaur from here on out!

*cue dramatic music*

xRjwUbg.gif

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Plot twist: I'm actually gonna be sticking with Bulbasaur from here on out!

*cue dramatic music*

xRjwUbg.gif

Here I thought you?d use some corny and overused Ace Attorney gif(which I?ll repeat in a non serious manner that it?s a bad influence :mudkip-wink:

Seeing as Elwind, Rinnia, Linus and Hit have yet to check in, we have two options. First option is to remove them from the game but add them back in should they return from being AWOL as reinforcements. Other option is to keep them in the game but have someone act as their temporary substitute or fill-in until they return from being AWOL.

There?s a third option to remove them from the game entirely but that wouldn?t be fun or fair as I see it. Either of the two options I proposed would require that we make move decisions for them, hence here is what I propose:

Hit: Replace Pluck with Agility. Greatly increases his mobility.
Rinnia: Replace Disarming Voice with Draining Kiss and replace Teleport with Calming Mind. One Fairy move for another and the ability to boost Special stats is hard to pass up.
Linus: Replace Worry Seed with Trick or Treat.
Elwind: Replace Pursuit with Slash and Double Team with Swords Dance. It?s difficult enough to keep one buff up but two would be a pain. I favored a boosted Attack over higher Evasion.

As for what to buy with the Pok?, I advocate for Expert Berry Pack and Juice Bar. We don?t need the Storage System just yet and we have no need for the Move Relearner yet either. That just leaves the Berry Pack(which we are all for I think) and the Juice Bar. I already made my suggestions on who should get what from the Berry Pack but the reason I want the Juice Bar is that it may act just like the one in PMD wherein it boosts Stats. It may also rejuvenate our characters by replenishing HP and/or PP. Furthermore, for 4K cost, Shuckle may stick with us for the rest of the game or, at the very least determine his value for future consideration. The benefits of getting higher stats outweigh the cost as I see it, especially if Evolution scales back your stats because of fairness.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I'm checking in to confirm that I won't be evolving Felix, not yet anyway! Out of curiosity, what would my stats look like if I did evolve, Lycan? ^ ^

The Juice Bar sounds like a good investment so thumbs up on that!

Years
Yeah, I had wanted to evolve myself, but I think I might not be evolving for some time unless I can get at least a net gain on all 5 primary stats upon evolution. So it makes more sense for now to stay as a Marill, as now instead of needing to wait until Battle #5 as an Azumarill, Marill will be getting Aqua Ring after Battle #4 if these battles continue to give 5 levels to the party upon completion. I'll also confirm again that I want both the Expert Berry Pack and the Juice Bar for the team, though whether I will use either service remains to be seen.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
Seeing as Elwind, Rinnia, Linus and Hit have yet to check in, we have two options. First option is to remove them from the game but add them back in should they return from being AWOL as reinforcements. Other option is to keep them in the game but have someone act as their temporary substitute or fill-in until they return from being AWOL.

There's a third option to remove them from the game entirely but that wouldn't be fun or fair as I see it.

I had planned to message them later today if they haven't checked in by then. If the radio silence persists after that, they will be removed from the game. Should any of them wish to play again at a later point though, they are always welcome to rejoin the group of course! Even if that'd be in the midst of a battle!

I'm checking in to confirm that I won't be evolving Felix, not yet anyway! Out of curiosity, what would my stats look like if I did evolve, Lycan? ^ ^!

72 HP - 56 Att - 37 Def - 43 SpA - 37 SpD - 5 Move. Since Luxio and Shinx have a comparable stat distribution, you'd barely even notice there's a difference. :)

Sparkin

Is this where the cool boys and girls hang out

Nickname (optional): Sharps
Species: Sneasel
Ability: Inner Focus

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years
Is this where the cool boys and girls hang out

Nickname (optional): Sharps
Species: Sneasel
Ability: Inner Focus

It most certainly is! Great to have you, Sparkin!

I shall add your character to the group when I'm not about to fall asleep. (:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
vulpix.png
: Well assuming our AWOL compatriots don't show, we will lose our lone Flying Type(not to mention lone Rock Type), our strongest Psychic Type(when Calm Mind is factored in. Fairy Typing also helps and she's our healer too!), a Grass/Ghost Type(guess Lily or Freesia gets the Miracle Seed. Coin flip or should Fressia get it?), and a Dark Type with a higher chance with Critical Hits. Losing Elwind won't sting as much with Alex evolving but it still hurts.

However, with a Dark/Ice Type joining our ranks, maybe things are going for the better. Welcome to the team Sharps. We've had a Grass map and a Swamp map. I suspect a cave map is next with one being Ice and the other being traditional or Fire centric. I hope we get to pick which direction to go.

@Lycan: Before you remove Rinnia, transfer her items, especially Big Root, to other characters. Big Root in particular should go to Lily to be equipped. Same deal with gear on the other characters. Also means Berries from Expert Pack will have to redistributed since I believe I gave Elwind the Mago Berry and a few other Berries to the rest.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hmm an ideal moveset for Sharps is Hone Claws, Metal Claw, Icy Wind and Feint Attack(*cough Lycan I hope you're reading cough*). With Sharps, Waterproof and Unicorn joining our ranks, it softens the blow of losing four adventurers. I believe that puts our total at ~20 I think. Also I forgot Meta is a Flying Type(still lost our only Rock Type in Hit though)

Mozilla Fire
Waterproof Fire
Unicorn Fighting
Sharps Dark/Ice
Cuddles Water
Lutin Steel/Fairy
Mags Electric/Steel
WooWoo Ghost
Susato Normal
Coral Water/Fairy
Mercy Ghost/Fairy
Freesia Grass/Poison
Lily Grass
Alex Dark
Meta Bug/Flying
Robin Psychic
Felix Electric
Krakonos Normal
Nah Dragon/Ground
Priscilla Electric

With Rinnia going means those Revival Herbs are far more valuable. Also means a Cheri, Mago, Leppa and Sitrus Berry to redistribute(along with other Berries from their inventories if Lycan is feeling generous). Hence I'm thinking that WooWoo get the Leppa and Sitrus Berry, Lutin gets the Cheri Berry for Paralysis and Mags gets the Mago Berry since I foresee you needing it.

As for potential teams next round, a lot is dependent on the map but a few things are set in stone. Firstly, Priscilla and Susato will be on separate teams seeing as they're the holders of the Revival Herbs. Secondly, we each have two Fire, two Normal, two Steel, two Dark, two Ghost, two Grass and two Water Types. Unless the map calls for it, each team will be getting one of each, with one team getting two Electric since we have three.

So here's what I'm thinking:

Team Priscilla
Priscilla
Krakonos
Alex
Lily
Nah
WooWoo
Waterproof
Mags
Coral
Meta

Team Susato
Susato
Mozilla
Sharps
Unicorn
Lutin
Cuddles
Mercy
Felix
Freesia
Robin

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years
With Rinnia going means those Revival Herbs are far more valuable. Also means a Cheri, Mago, Leppa and Sitrus Berry to redistribute(along with other Berries from their inventories if Lycan is feeling generous). Hence I'm thinking that WooWoo get the Leppa and Sitrus Berry, Lutin gets the Cheri Berry for Paralysis and Mags gets the Mago Berry since I foresee you needing it.

No worries, you're not going to lose one of your valuable Fishing Rods here. :)

As for potential teams next round, a lot is dependent on the map but a few things are set in stone. Firstly, Priscilla and Susato will be on separate teams seeing as they're the holders of the Revival Herbs. Secondly, we each have two Fire, two Normal, two Steel, two Dark, two Ghost, two Grass and two Water Types. Unless the map calls for it, each team will be getting one of each, with one team getting two Electric since we have three.

You're a bit ahead of things. I know sitting still is hard, but why not wait a bit until I give you some hints on the next maps? :p

Speaking of which... major update incoming...

Lycanthropy

Years

Apparently if I post the update now, the two halves will be split over two pages. Instead, here's a filler post where I blab about a thing or two.

So first of all, the adventuring company will shrink a bit as we lose a few players. Spirit Shackle is unfortunately dropping out. I haven't heard from impulse~, Resolve or walleye and neither of them has been on for weeks. I'm afraid that means I had to remove them from the group as well. Should they suddenly reappear, they might still join midway the next battle, who knows!
Their items are still safe, no worries about that! I randomly distributed their stuff among whoever still had room in their inventory. But man, after that Berry Pack you guys carry a lot of cool stuff. I like to think I am doing a nice job in slowly letting you grow stronger, not only in levels and moves, but also in equipment. You started out with nothing, literally. And look at all that stuff now! Now watch as the available equipment will slowly start growing from useful to awesome (and towards epic in the far future)! :D
Speaking of items, to took the liberty to equip/unequip some things here and there, as to what I guessed would be the most useful in general, but some people carry so many berries that it's really hard for me to make that choice for you. If you still want to (un)equip (or trade!) stuff, you can still do so of course!

Shuckle is joining the adventure, exciting stuff! I know a few of you had something completely different in mind, but I like to think you made a good purchase nevertheless. (Personally, I think between Shuckle and Berry Juice was pretty obvious and it makes a lot more sense than being served gummi juice on the battlefield, but hey that's just me. I miiiight be less vague with my descriptions in the future but then again maybe not :p.)

Enough rambling from me. I had to prove I'm not just making this post to up my post count. Turn the page, it's time to choose your next battle! :D

Last edited:
Back