The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Competitive Pokémon
Surprisingly effective

Competitive Pokémon The forum designed for all of your competitive Pokémon needs! Here you can discuss the metagame, receive help on your team, ask for battles, participate in events, and much more!
Quick Links: PC's Battle Server

Old September 1st, 2018 (9:46 PM).

Nature: Adamant
In the context of OU primarily (but feel free to throw in some other stuff too), what are some generally bad 'mon that can fill a certain role or roles on a team surprisingly well?
Old September 4th, 2018 (1:47 PM).

Nature: Modest
I think Gastrodon is a prime example of this. While I don't think anyone has ever considered it a horrible Pokemon, it certainly doesn't look like a Pokemon that can thrive in the OU environment. But it can! With it's typing and decent bulk, it serves as a great check to Koko, Diancie, Heatran, and many other powerful Pokemon.

Administrator

Old September 4th, 2018 (5:10 PM).

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castform View Post
I think Gastrodon is a prime example of this. While I don't think anyone has ever considered it a horrible Pokemon, it certainly doesn't look like a Pokemon that can thrive in the OU environment. But it can! With it's typing and decent bulk, it serves as a great check to Koko, Diancie, Heatran, and many other powerful Pokemon.
I was completely floored when I saw Gastrodon has ascended to OU. I really do need to give it a try.
Old September 4th, 2018 (10:30 PM).
WHOLLY MOLEY

Mamoswine. This thing is so strong and has excellent typing and a decent Ability. Its dual STABs are almost unresisted and it hits like a truck. Pair this with Magnezone and you have a good offensive core already. Not to mention that it gets Ice Shard and Knock Off, and is faster than Heatran (which is super strong too).

Quick Reply