• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Gray Topaz - Version 2 Ready!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
I know that evolving is normal and XD and Colosseum were some of my favorite games. But since my pokemon evolved the scientist does not recognize it.
Oh that! I fixed it in the newest version, so download that.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Would that be the light version link?
Yes. The light version is meant for people who already fully downloaded the game in order to save time redownloading updates. Without the audio/graphic files, it takes (for example) 5 mins to download instead of 30.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Gym leader rematches and the final part of the post game story is complete! The Beta is 100% done!

I should have Part 10 of the walkthrough containing the post game content up within the next day or so.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
So what's the exact difference between the regular and hard version, higher AI, just higher levels?

EDIT: So uhh... Is there a high chance for shiny starter or did I seriously get a shiny.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
So what's the exact difference between the regular and hard version, higher AI, just higher levels?

EDIT: So uhh... Is there a high chance for shiny starter or did I seriously get a shiny.
Higher levels for the elite four, higher ai for spurge. The curve for the elite four wound up being uneven with the rest of the game, but I kept it for people who want to try anyway. For Spurge, I just changed the movesets that were being exploited when testing (like using minimize to never get hit).

You just got really lucky. :'D

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Oh hey I got to ask this, after putting my starter through a IV calculator it got a pretty good type and since the calculator in question doesn't account for the 6th gen change to Hidden Power now having a fixed base power, my Bulbasaur has HP Fighting with a base of 63.

I bring this up because while I'm satisfied with the type for my Bulbasaur (seeing as how I preffer a special sweeper venusaur with elements of a support by combining Leech Seed and Sludge Bomb) many pokemon need hidden power in a good moveset, either for a stab or for a necessary bit of coverage or because they otherwise have a lacking movepool. As such I need to make sure a hidden power checker is in this game or going to be in the game in the future, and whatever the case is the matter of hidden power is ultimately made easier if the move has a fixed base power of 60 as often lately on just about any game, either ROM hack or a game using the essentials engine, no matter the IVs on a pokemon I get, it ends up being a crap type with high power or a good type with low base power. Having a universal base power of 60 removes a huge headache on the matter, so I wanna know what the situation is on that.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Also another thing you need to do something about the lag as soon as possible, my game keeps crashing due to hanging scripts when I'm trying to look up info on pokemon at Serribi to gauge when a pokemon learns what move at what level. It would also help to have a document with the list of all moves a pokemon can have in this game if that helps to reduce lag in-game, this is especially important if there are move tutors in this game.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Oh hey I got to ask this, after putting my starter through a IV calculator it got a pretty good type and since the calculator in question doesn't account for the 6th gen change to Hidden Power now having a fixed base power, my Bulbasaur has HP Fighting with a base of 63.

I bring this up because while I'm satisfied with the type for my Bulbasaur (seeing as how I preffer a special sweeper venusaur with elements of a support by combining Leech Seed and Sludge Bomb) many pokemon need hidden power in a good moveset, either for a stab or for a necessary bit of coverage or because they otherwise have a lacking movepool. As such I need to make sure a hidden power checker is in this game or going to be in the game in the future, and whatever the case is the matter of hidden power is ultimately made easier if the move has a fixed base power of 60 as often lately on just about any game, either ROM hack or a game using the essentials engine, no matter the IVs on a pokemon I get, it ends up being a crap type with high power or a good type with low base power. Having a universal base power of 60 removes a huge headache on the matter, so I wanna know what the situation is on that.
I have no idea how the calculations are scripted, and I don't want to go and change it with the risk of ruining the move completely. For now I'm going to leave it alone.

As for your other concern, I'm aware that when the game starts up, it does lag a little, but it should smooth out in a bit. I don't know what you have open when you play, though it helps if you have as few programs open as possible (I only had firefox open and did just fine). Really there are a lot of factors that could be part of it too, like how much your computer can process.

Probably the best way for me to fix the lag is to find a way to make rpgmaker process gifs better, since that tends to be the main issue. I only use gifs because the ultimate pack I downloaded used those, and there's nothing else ready and waiting for me to plug in.

I'm not sure what you mean by a list. As in a text document with the game?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jul 28, 2015
The lag must be very dependent on the processing power of the PC and/or other factors. On my entire test playthrough (35 hours so far) I have never experienced even a hint of lag during gameplay and I was playing with Skype, Steam, Firefox, and iTunes running in the background at all times, sometimes more. But mind you my system is a Core i7 powered monster with an SSD hybrid drive. It'd be very helpful if you and a few other people could post up their system specs along with the performance issues they're having so we can pinpoint exactly where problems begin and end. Thanks.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I have no idea how the calculations are scripted, and I don't want to go and change it with the risk of ruining the move completely. For now I'm going to leave it alone.

As for your other concern, I'm aware that when the game starts up, it does lag a little, but it should smooth out in a bit. I don't know what you have open when you play, though it helps if you have as few programs open as possible (I only had firefox open and did just fine). Really there are a lot of factors that could be part of it too, like how much your computer can process.

Probably the best way for me to fix the lag is to find a way to make rpgmaker process gifs better, since that tends to be the main issue. I only use gifs because the ultimate pack I downloaded used those, and there's nothing else ready and waiting for me to plug in.

I'm not sure what you mean by a list. As in a text document with the game?

Sorry to hear about the Hidden Power issue. Some games have managed to do just the thing I mentioned (Pokemon Reborn comes to mind in fact), so if you ever decide to try this out you can ask some of the others around who make games on the Essentials engine, someone is sure to help. Besides that though I'm satisfied with my Bulbasaur anyway, that is a good enough base power for the attack for him so I got nothing to worry about for my starter.

Yeah a move list as a text document can help a lot if by any chance ou changed some of the learnsets, like if there aren't any move tutors for example (beyond the relearner you pay heart scales to use) then a lot of pokemon miss out on some very vital moves they can't even learn by breeding. To name examples, Kingdra with Outrage, Steel Wing for virtually ANY flying pokemon, Drill Run for Rapidash (also gets Low Kick though that is also an egg move too), among others. Many of these moves would work great as moves you can get from a move relearner if there's no actual move tutors, and it helps to know if the moves are available one way or another anyway.

As for my lag issues, I do have a older computer from 2009, hadn't had the chance to upgrade to a better, newer model as my last computer was a lot stronger than this one but it got killed by a virus because some jackass wouldn't help fix the damn thing when it went kaput. The older computer would have handled this just fine I'm sue, but this one plays games relatively well. I mean I can play TF2 on steam relatively well as well as Minecraft despite having only 2 gigs of RAM.

Thanks for hearing me out at any rate.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
I didn't change the learnsets, but there are move tutors. The thing is what they teach is limited (which I should actually include in the walkthrough). If I list what Pokémon can learn from them, would that work? If not, I'll just include it as a document in the next update.

Edit: Now it's in the walkthrough. Here's a quick list: Fire Pledge, Water Pledge, Grass Pledge, Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Draco Meteor, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Signal Beam, Iron Head, Seed Bomb, Knock Off, Roost, Pain Split, Heat Wave, Giga Drain, Drain Punch, Earth Power, Zen Headbutt, Hyper Voice, Superpower, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Gastro Acid, Magic Room, Wonder Room, Stealth Rock, Outrage, and Endeavor.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I didn't change the learnsets, but there are move tutors. The thing is what they teach is limited (which I should actually include in the walkthrough). If I list what Pokémon can learn from them, would that work? If not, I'll just include it as a document in the next update.

Edit: Now it's in the walkthrough. Here's a quick list: Fire Pledge, Water Pledge, Grass Pledge, Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Draco Meteor, Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Signal Beam, Iron Head, Seed Bomb, Knock Off, Roost, Pain Split, Heat Wave, Giga Drain, Drain Punch, Earth Power, Zen Headbutt, Hyper Voice, Superpower, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Gastro Acid, Magic Room, Wonder Room, Stealth Rock, Outrage, and Endeavor.

That's great! That answers all my concerns move-wise! I got no other real complaints now, thank you. I guess I shoulda looked them up on the walkthrough to be safe, but I wasn't sure if the current walkthrough had that information.

As for the learnsets I don't think that'll be necessary now as with those specific moves I can go to Serribi.net to look up the B2/W2 move tutor lists for all pokemon to get the information.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Ok this is starting to really bug me, weak computer or not I have never had this level of trouble playing a pokemon essentials engine fangame before.

The game keeps crashing due to hanging scripts during battle as of late even when I have just one other window open, which I NEED so I can look up moveset details on strategy guide sites, or even when I have the internet off I have to have my YIM open because I have people that I have to talk to as I play.

And I'm certain this may be due to the use of the animated sprites as every other essentials fangame I have downloaded onto this computer regardless of even slight lag do not crash this much because they don't make use of animated character sprites in order to prevent people like me from not being able to play because I can't afford a decent computer. Is it at all possible for there to be a seperate version without animated sprites for those with weaker operating systems? Because at this point I can barely stand to play this game anymore.

MAJOR EDIT: Ok I have experimented time and again to see what the issue is here it seems that these crshes will always happen when an opponent sends in a Scoliopede. I'd avoid the trainer entirely but this is a Biker trainer I haven't battled yet along the snowy route leading from the cave of stone and ice, and I can't continue the game wthout beating him. The game crashes every time he sends in his scoliopede. The rival's Gardevoir likewise caused a similar near-impassable crash when he sent it in. The difference is that for the scoliopede owned by this biker, nothing I do can prevent the game from crashing due to a hanging script. There has to be something that can be done to fix this, I have berries that need to be checked on and I can't get them if the game keeps crashing in an unstoppable loop.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Just letting you all know I'm not dead! I've been forced to take a hiatus, that's all. I won't be able to work on integrating v.14 until then. This also means creating an alternate version with non-gif sprites (which I have considered), isn't going to be available in the near future. So for now, enjoy as much of the beta as you can and I wish you all a happy new year!

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016

Rated T for swearing, violence, and mentions of death.

You just got yourself banned from PokeCommunity due to censor bypass. PokeCommunity has rules to keep it a clean environment.

Pros:
-Contains anti-faint berry, as well as motion controlled puzzles in gyms, and a slow-walking feature. A lot of unique stuff thought to be not possible in Pokemon Essentials.
-Every single map in the game is "good". Did you make the tiles yourself? Teach me how to do that.
-The ability to catch all 649 Pokémon in game without trading.
-Interesting legendary Pokémon backstories.

Cons:
-Breaks the "censor bypass" rule of PokeCommunity.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
You just got yourself banned from PokeCommunity due to censor bypass. PokeCommunity has rules to keep it a clean environment.

Pros:
-Contains anti-faint berry, as well as motion controlled puzzles in gyms, and a slow-walking feature. A lot of unique stuff thought to be not possible in Pokemon Essentials.
-Every single map in the game is "good". Did you make the tiles yourself? Teach me how to do that.
-The ability to catch all 649 Pokémon in game without trading.
-Interesting legendary Pokémon backstories.

Cons:
-Breaks the "censor bypass" rule of PokeCommunity.

I don't see swearing in the OP, so its self censorship, and actually keeping the place clean by warning anyone looking at the game that they are us that there is swearing.

Back