• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ghost (Mew research)

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
Years
Ok so I am now on research 5/8 for Mew which requires catching 10 ghost types but this is proving a problem.

I am just not encouting any... I have 1/10 done so far. To give an insight into my ghost catch rate I have caught 3300+ Pokemon and only 75 of them are ghost types, thats not even a gold badge.

I have read that playing at night (8pm onwards) increases the spawn rate but I cant say this has been true for me.

Is anyone else struggling with this one?
Any advice?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Are you in any of your local Facebook Pokemon Go groups? There should be a post with current nests which may have ghosts. Also check Silph Road on Reddit too. :) They have an Atlas with current nest locations.

In addition you can look for Make 3 Great Throws research task or Make 3 Nice Curveball Throws in a Row - they currently award Gastly.

Also yep they appear more at night :)

Last edited:

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
Years
Are you in any of your local Facebook Pokemon Go groups? There should be a post with current nests which may have ghosts. Also check Silph Road on Reddit too. :) They have an Atlas with current nest locations.

In addition you can look for Make 3 Great Throws research task or Make 3 Nice Curveball Throws in a Row - they currently award Gastly.

Also yep they appear more at night :)

I dont use Facebook but I do read Reddit so I will check that out.
Looks like ill be spinning a few more stops then!

Thanks

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
I got the last of the ghost and there was no mew sadly, mow they want the new challenge to be evolve magikarp and battle in 10 raids.
Oh and the other one was get to lv25.

Last edited:

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
Lately there have been lots of ghost types spawning in my local area for seemingly no reason. There are Gastlys and Shuppets everywhere, and a research task to transfer 10 Pokémon gives a Misdreavus encounter as a reward, which I've never seen before. It's almost like they've done it deliberately to help players who are stuck on the 10 ghosts research task, like I was at the time.

Back