The PokéCommunity Forums General Pokémon Discussions Pokémon Trading Card Game
New to TCG, help needed please

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Old July 29th, 2018 (12:41 AM).
    TCGO:

Hey guys, I'm new to the TCG, I've been playing online for a couple of weeks now and just starting collecting the actual cards. I've been a Pokemon fan for over 20 years so I'm not sure why it's taken me this long to start! I've just got a couple of questions...

I've bought a folder as I'd like to try and complete each set, I'm starting with Forbidden Light. Now how would you arrange them in a folder? Does every card have a reverse holo equivalent? So let's say I have card 1/114, would I leave space next to that card for its reverse holo equivilant? Or would I just go 1 to 114 then put all the reverse holos at the back? I'm. Just trying to avoid having to move every card down one every time I get a new card.

Thanks guys
    Old July 29th, 2018 (6:04 AM).
    Harbinger of Calamity
    TCGO: asdfghjkl1234

Nature: Modest
    Your call, personally. I don't collect myself, so I arrange by type.
    It protects fields and warns people of disaster,
    so one ought to be grateful for it.

Challenges - TCG - Trade Corner - Daily
    Old July 29th, 2018 (7:11 AM). Edited August 2nd, 2018 by donavannj.
    Banned
      TCGO:

Quote:
      Originally Posted by CovisGod View Post
      Hey guys, I'm new to the TCG, I've been playing online for a couple of weeks now and just starting collecting the actual cards. I've been a Pokemon fan for over 20 years so I'm not sure why it's taken me this long to start! I've just got a couple of questions...

I've bought a folder as I'd like to try and complete each set, I'm starting with Forbidden Light. Now how would you arrange them in a folder? Does every card have a reverse holo equivalent? So let's say I have card 1/114, would I leave space next to that card for its reverse holo equivilant? Or would I just go 1 to 114 then put all the reverse holos at the back? I'm. Just trying to avoid having to move every card down one every time I get a new card.

Thanks guys
      There is a function in TCGO, you can go to Collection, then select Filter, from there choose the series you want to see (in your case Forbidden Light), then click apply. Then, you will see all the cards in that series and this will help you arrange your cards in the folder better.
      Old July 29th, 2018 (9:56 AM).
      TCGO: donavannj

Quote:
      Originally Posted by CovisGod View Post

Thanks guys
      Most cards have a reverse holo equivalent, but not all. GXs and Full Arts and Secret Rares all don't have a reverse holo equivalent. And neither do Prism Stars.

As for order, it's your call. Personally, commons and uncommons get the long box and only cards viable in competitive as well as holo rares, GXs, Full Arts, and Secret rares get the binder treatment, but they are also sleeved in a card sleeve before I put them in the binder to minimize damage when pulling them out of the binder pages.
      Old September 3rd, 2018 (4:08 PM).
      TCG player
        TCGO: Bradaction

Nature: Hasty
        I like to do set, type, alphabetically and put all the variations of one card in the same sleeve
        Old September 3rd, 2018 (8:19 PM).
        TCGO: donavannj

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Bradaction View Post
        I like to do set, type, alphabetically and put all the variations of one card in the same sleeve
        That sounds like a lot of strain on the sleeves.
        Old September 4th, 2018 (8:04 AM).
          TCGO:

Nature: Calm
          Things are a lot different now since there's so many new cards compared to when I played in 2002-2004. I used to have a binder for each generation and make it basically like a Pokedex. For variations, I would just put the variation next to the original. So it would be:

Bulbasaur - Bulbasaur Variation 2 - Erika's Bulbsaur - Ivysaur - Ivysaur Variation 2 - etc.

But now there's so many variations and cards... I'm not sure lol
          Old September 5th, 2018 (6:22 AM).
          TCGO:

So I organize my cards by breaking them down into different categories. First and foremost is the year the set was released. Then I organize them by the number present on the card itself. Within that I organize duplicates by the language they're in, the variants (first edition / reverse holo / etc) that are present, and lastly by condition. I make exceptions for misprints though since those are kinda special. :)

Quick Reply