• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Characters you just can’t stand in TV shows you like.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Or shows you used to like or liked at one point. Pretty much any medium of TV shows are allowed so feel free.

So again, who are characters you just loathe even though you like the show they are from? (Or liked the show at one point?) And please remember to follow basic forum rules.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I hate Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony.

She is so goddamn egotistical, and I never, ever liked her character, and never will. Her ego pissed me off so much throughout My Little Pony. The episode that solidified my hate for Rainbow Dash was Secrets and Pies. She literally fucking LIED to Pinkie Pie by pretending to eat her pies instead of just being honest about not liking it, which shows how much of an awful person (pony, but whatever) she truly is.

Not to mention, almost all of her focus episodes were just awful. Mysterious Mare Do Well? Awful. The Washouts? Awful. I honestly think there was only one episode that almost redeemed her for me, but then Secrets and Pies was a thing, and anything that redeemed this character for me was instantly just gone. I could write an essay about how much I dislike this character, but I won't.

I'm absolutely ashamed I ever called myself a brony, that was gross of me, but I will still stand by my dislike for this character back when MLP was my main fandom, jesus.

As for shows I used to like but don't anymore... Hanazuki went south fast, so I'm not shocked it's not around anymore.

Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I've bode my time enough, it's time to rant! Warning: profanity up ahead!
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I actually used to hate Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory when I first started watching it because of how egotistical he was. But now he's one of my favorites...lol.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Spoilers for Death Note up ahead!

Light Yagami from Death Note. He was an absolute egotist and misogynist who used people for his own gain. I believe he may have started out with good intentions, but then he rode this power trip and got off on controlling and manipulating others. Perhaps the Death Note corrupted him, perhaps he was always that way but too unmotivated to do anything about it. And then to top things off, he just got plain stupid at the end, probably because he thought he was invincible and untouchable. Don't get me wrong, I didn't like Misa (because she was an idiot and a follower), but she didn't deserve to be so manipulated by Light, either.
HOVER OVER TEXT FOR SPOILERS HERE!
I find Light so unlikable and irritating that some of the only pleasure I derive from the show anymore is watching Matsuda shoot the bastard to near death.
That alone made Matsuda my favorite character, though he was already pretty high up there for being the most genuine character in the entire show. I also really liked Ryuk. He was an utter troll and I loved it.

End of Death Note spoilers

Atem from YuGiOh. Not for any particularly egregious things he's done, I just find him soooo boring. Season 0 Atem was cool and mysterious for a while, but then they slowly (in the manga) and suddenly (in the anime) completely changed him and he became this overly dramatic and serious character. His main personality traits were playing card games, being dramatic, and existing as a plot device. Not even the Pharaoh's Memories/Ancient Egypt arc helped me to enjoy his post-Season 0 character. I know that I'm exaggerating a LITTLE bit, but I just found Atem so boring that I couldn't bring myself to care about any of his other traits. I much preferred Yami Bakura/Thief King Bakura, Joey, and Kaiba. Kaiba was just sort of hilarious with his Blue-Eyes obsession, Joey had a strong, tough-guy sort of a character and went through so much development and dammit man he should've won Battle City but Atem had to do it because he's a plot device. And then Bakura is hot af, and oddly sympathetic during the Egypt arc (plus Rika Matsumoto did an incredible job as his voice actress).

Back