• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokémon New Gold Era

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
Years
Pokémon New Gold Era is a hack of Pokémon Gold, for Game Boy Color. It is the third, final and corrected version of Pokémon New Gold 2012/2018.

The story dates about 100 years later after the original adventure of GSC. You're in an "alternate" and futuristic Johto-Kanto region where urbanism has expanded drastically, and where nature suffers in many places!

You debute in Goldenrod City. You have to do several quests in order to progress, like finding a certain item in a place!

Many changes, and A LOT, have been made, compared to the original Pokémon Gold game (Those have happened in the first two versions):
  • - The starters are different: Consisting of Houdour, Natu and Mankey, to make the triangle of Fighting, Psychic and Dark types! (Just like Grass, Water and Fire!)
  • - Pokémon movesets have been updated with moves they can learn from egg moves or future generations (Up to Gen 8).
  • - There are up to 16 Pokémon In-game trades.
  • - The Gyms are in a different order.
  • - All informations about Pokémon, like attacks and TM compatibilities, are up to date with 7th Generation positives changes! For example, Outrage has 120 base power, right?
  • - Johto and Kanto have changed drastically! Discover these futuristic regions!
  • - Your rival has a mysterious motivation... Discover it during your travel!
  • - Some new towers have been built, like the Flash Tower, the Tech Tower or the Tower of Defense. In some of these towers, rematches with trainers are possible, and some give great prizes once you reach the top.
  • - Many new wild areas to explore in Johto and Kanto.
  • - Some Gym leaders of Kanto have a second occupation: Brock owns the Pewter Museum, Misty has an harbor, Surge has a restaurant and Blaine... ha ha! Discover it!
  • - Since it's 100 years later, technology has evolved so much! Teleports and Hi-Tech buildings are omnipresents almost everywhere!

What's corrected in the final version:
  • - Some adjustments for the quest have been made. (Trainer's Pokémon and/or levels, availability of some things, etc.)
  • - Most of the dialogs have been fully updated and corrected!
  • - Many TMs have changed! There are 25 new TMs in all!
  • - An updated walkthrough will be available in a Word document and on the web site of the game.
  • - TM/HM compatibilities are updated with Gen 7.
  • - The difficulty of some Gyms has been reviewed, and some have more Pokémon. Also, the Pokémon have hold items as well!
  • - The lighting of some areas have been corrected and adjusted!
  • - Game Corner prizes have been changed!
  • - The names of the new areas in Johto and Kanto on the Town Map have been corrected!
  • - Some adjustments have been made regarding marts and the items they sell. Some new clerks are also in the game as well!
  • - Wild Pokémon changed or corrected in many places!
  • - Some new trainers have been added!
  • - Implantation of training towers, like the Tower of Speed or the Valor Tower.
  • - Cerulean Cave, Victory Road, Safari Zone, Viridian Forest have been added, or improved! Some routes have been improved/corrected as well!
  • - The story is much clearer and better than the previous versions!
  • - This version is much greater than the previous ones! Thrash the old ones and play this one. Anyway, the old versions (2012/2018) are deleted and replaced by this new, corrected and final version (New Gold Era).
  • - The linking services have been restored on some Pokémon Centers. (They work with TGB Dual!)
  • - And many more surprises for you to discover and to enjoy to the fullest! ;)

Here are some pictures:
pokemon-new-gold-era_apricorn-lab.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_baoba-s-home.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_blk-apri-collector.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_ceruelan-cave.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_dark-cave-closed.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_dark-tower.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_doctor-flash-tower.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_fire-cave-outside.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_flash-tower-entry.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_gc-prizes-04.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_hm04-rock-smash.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_inform-wild-moltres-summit.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_inside-apricorn-lab.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_map-new-era.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_kanto-map.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_leader-flash-tower.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_legend-island.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_moon-stone-collector.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_route-48.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_shiny-mew.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_surge-resto-gym.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_teleport-balckthorn-city.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_tech-tower.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_tower-speed.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_tr-elm-lab.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_tr-hideout-with-oak.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_tr-light-tower.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_tunnel-5-entry.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_valor-tower.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_wild-moltres-summit-valor-tower.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_vs-shiny-celebi-l35.png
pokemon-new-gold-era_violet-underground.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download the IPS file from this link (It's also joined in this topic) : https://www.mediafire.com/file/7nprhnot9ylfazl/Pokemon_New_Gold_Era.ips/file

Patch this file using Lunar IPS to an original english Pokémon Gold ROM.

Website of this game: https://pokemonnewgold2012.wordpress.com/

Have lots of fun in this new era in Johto and Kanto! :)
ericgall23

Attachments

• Pokemon New Gold Era.ips
    309.4 KB · Views: 123
  • Pokemon-New-Gold-Era-docs.zip
    380.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
I really like how it looks. Johto has always been my favourite and I really like your project.

Thread approved!
pyxurhbz.jpg

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Mar 18, 2022
I wish this game had more than just gen 1 and 2 Pokémon. It would make sense for there to be new native Pokémon in Johto & Kanto since this takes place in the future

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2024
"100 years later"
"Brock"
just gonna uhhh, pretend they're descendants with the same name lmao.

Seriously this sounds really good though, def playing this once i'm done with prism.

Years
It is cool that you can get an Eevee right off the bat at the beginning of the game. Definitely pretty tough and I am not even to far into the game, hopefully the game stays enjoyable so grinding I know I will have to do stays tolerable.

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I guess I'll play this again. I appreciate the improvements.

Were trade evolutions changed?

Years
There's a problem with the hack. For some reason, the sound is distorted. I've tested multiple other gameboy games, including the original gold, and I only encounter this problem with this hack

ericgall23

Quiet Pokémon fan
Years
Hi everyone,

I've made a final update to this game, which were necessary. It's now final for real this time! ;)

Briefly, I have updated Pokémon movesets to include moves from egg moves or that they can learn in future generations (Up to Gen 8). Since this game is in the future, it was so logical to do so.

Also, there are now 16 In-game trades, additions of some people and houses, and some maps and texts corrections. New clerks have been added as well.

The attachments and post have been updated as well, as well as the webiste and link for the IPS patch.

Thanks for playing it, and Enjoy it! ;)

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Hi there! This game looks really interesting, how would you rate the difficulty? 1 Being Vanilla and 10 being Rad Red.

Days
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 30, 2023
Hi everyone,

I've made a final update to this game, which were necessary. It's now final for real this time! ;)

Briefly, I have updated Pokémon movesets to include moves from egg moves or that they can learn in future generations (Up to Gen 8). Since this game is in the future, it was so logical to do so.

Also, there are now 16 In-game trades, additions of some people and houses, and some maps and texts corrections. New clerks have been added as well.

The attachments and post have been updated as well, as well as the webiste and link for the IPS patch.

Thanks for playing it, and Enjoy it! ;)

[SPOILER ALERT] [HELP]

Great ROM! So much fun.
2 things tho... IS THIS GAME COMPLETED? Ive defeated BLUE in Cinnabar island for the EARTHBADGE or something and there's no continuity. Found TR in the island, but no story came up.
On start menu, in badges, I can't switch to Kanto's badges.

I did find in Celadon City , I think, some guy saying " there was a Gym but ERIKA has left the city... WHERE IS SHE? XD I've spent hours trying to move on. I guess I need one more badge to challenge
the Pokemon League, which one is left?

Back