• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Competitive] A Balanced Team Revolving Around Alolan Ninetales

saniachan

Second Violinist
Years
I'm going to make a balanced team revolving around Alolan Ninetales in National Dex AG format. Right now I only got Breloom and Salazzle to help mitigating Ninetales' double weakness to steel, but still not sure on who to cover them. This is what I have as of now:

Alolan Ninetales
Spoiler:

Breloom
Spoiler:

Salazzle
Spoiler:

That being said, any suggestions on who to include in this team?

Years
I'm really not sure how useful you'll find Breloom and Salazzle in AG where all kinds of crazy shit is allowed, although I feel like Salazzle will have the easier time of the two. Since you're making use of Aurora Veil, maybe try looking into some nice setup sweepers.

Squirtlenator

[color=#cecfc4]Hasta La Vista, Baby[/color]
Years
I'm going to make a balanced team revolving around Alolan Ninetales in National Dex AG format. Right now I only got Breloom and Salazzle to help mitigating Ninetales' double weakness to steel, but still not sure on who to cover them. This is what I have as of now:

Alolan Ninetales
Spoiler:

Breloom
Spoiler:

Salazzle
Spoiler:

I don't mean to sound harsh but, there's no synergy with your team so far. And in regards to Breloom, I'm not sure what you want it's role to be. With those EVs invested into HP a subseeder set is a better option imo but, it doesn't fit well with the others. Maybe plan out which role you want for each mon and see if their sets synergize then go from there. Completive play is so much more than just randomly throwing six of your favorite mons together.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023

Alolan Ninetales
Spoiler:

Breloom
Spoiler:

Salazzle
Spoiler:

How about a Golisopod
with
Brick Break
Razor Shell
Sucker Punch
& either Iron Defense or Sword Dance
Or you could fill one of those spaces with leech life to try and keep it in longer.

I'd recommend using quick claw.

I don't build for competitve play so this is just what sounds good to me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 8, 2024
How about a Golisopod
with
Brick Break
Razor Shell
Sucker Punch
& either Iron Defense or Sword Dance
Or you could fill one of those spaces with leech life to try and keep it in longer.

I'd recommend using quick claw.

I don't build for competitve play so this is just what sounds good to me.

No offense but Golisopod really has no place on an AG team, much less without the move First Impression. A much better choice for Bug-type offense would be Scizor, which can utilize the free turns generated by Aurora Veil to set up Swords Dance, Agility or Double Team boosts.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2023
No offense but Golisopod really has no place on an AG team, much less without the move First Impression. A much better choice for Bug-type offense would be Scizor, which can utilize the free turns generated by Aurora Veil to set up Swords Dance, Agility or Double Team boosts.

its all good, I just like golisopod, a little bulky, good attack.
and like I said I know nothing of competitive play.

And that said, my golisopod got completely washed, in the sun battle frontier thing.

Back