• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] New Pokémon Speculation!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'm really hoping that they'll make ankylosaur and stegosaur fossil Pokémon for this generation. They haven't really been done before.

Was literally just thinking about fossil Pokémon and these two were the ones that came to mind! They'd be great. I think we're due some this gen!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
THIS IS AN EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR A CORGI POKEMON

queen-and-corgis.jpg

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
I think I'll just wait for them to reveal some stuff first. I don't want to get my hopes up too high and then get dissappointed. It would be nice if they brough back evos to prev gen mons.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
I don't have any particular ideas that are specifically set to the region's setting but I would love...

A really cool Fish Pokemon, my choices would be a Lionfish, or a Dogfish

I also would like to see some pokemon with cool never used before type combinations. Bug/Dragon, Poison/Electric, Ground/Fighting OR Ice/Fire are some i'd like to see

That's all I can think of at this second

Years
Given the region I'd quite like some Pokémon based off of the fair folk. Like in traditional mythology devilish little creatures you need to be wary of. FairyDark typing maybe?

In general: I would like more elephant Pokémon as it's been so long since they made one. The elephant is such an iconic animal.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I was thinking of another Elephant Pokémon, we haven't had one since the Phanpy line.

A Leprechaun Pokémon would be cool.

An actual Fairy Pokémon would be cool too.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Going by what we know, it is possible that these games may not have as many as Alola. However, with it being possibly the largest region known, we could have a lot. I am hoping for 100.

With Alola, I got really annoyed by the lack of pokemon, as well as Kalos. However, in Alola, we did technically have over 100 pokemon. If you count Oricorio, Lycanroc and the Alolan Pokemon as new and different pokemon, as should be the case since they look vastly different and have different typings, other than Lycanroc, we got a total of 127 pokemon,

The only pokemon that had multiple forms that I am not counting is Minior because the forms were too similar. I am also not counting Battle Only forms such as Wishiwashi school form and Ash Greninja ect.

Because this is an even generation, I think we will see 100 at the start. However, some may be similar to Lycanroc or Oricorio, but I think we will have 100 designs.

As for pokemon, I have already named a few, but others I would love to see are these.

Folklore:
Brownie
Boggart
A number of Dragons (Possibly one line inspired by Cockatrice or a Basilisk or a 3 stage snake)
A number of Ice Types
Wyvern
Wild Hunt (But in the form of animals or something)
Corn Dolly
Mermaid or Siren
Eachy
Loch Ness Monster Legendary

Animals:
Corgi
Yorky
Magpie
Mountain Goat, I know we have Skiddo/Gogoat, but I think it could work. Or maybe a Galarian Gogoat?
Badger
Puffin
Pine Martin
Wild Boar

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
iirc they released a little bit of info each month for sun and moon an dmaybe xy? so hearing something in march i don't think would be too far a thought. even if it's just the regional bird/rodent or just the usual common pokemon as i believe they're the first normally shown besides the starters.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
I'm really hoping that they'll make ankylosaur and stegosaur fossil Pokémon for this generation. They haven't really been done before.

I will fully support this.. we need fossil pokemon.

I would like to see better attacks that can only be done by certain pokemon, too. Maybe eeveelutions could have this.

I am hoping for a snobby dog pokemon for the royal family.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 22, 2019
On the topic of fossils, can we finally get a saber tooth tiger fossil Pokémon? Pretty please??

Years
This is more of a type of Pokemon rather than specific ideas, but I'm dying to see more evolutions and pre-evolutions to old Pokemon. Excluding Sylveon, it's been since Gen 4 that we got any of that.

But in terms of things I think should be come Pokemon, I also have quite a few ideas.

Red Fox
Spoiler:

Grey Seal
Spoiler:

Raven
Spoiler:

Moose
Spoiler:

Scottish Wildcat
Spoiler:

Pine Marten
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
What are the chances of us seeing at least one new pokemon in March?

I think it may be unlikely. Based on what happened with Alola, they started revealing pokemon in May. That is when we got the Cover Legendaries Solgaleo and Lunala.

However, we could get a trailer that hides a new pokemon in the background. This happened with Rockruff and Espurr. We got a new trailer and had about half a second to spot the new pokemon. We didn't get the name though.

E3 will probably contain the biggest info dump, but I'd say cover Legends will probably be revealed in April or May. I wouldn't mind a March reveal though.

However, Pokeshopper said they would be promoting this game far more than others, so they could start revealing stuff in March.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
A gargoyle pokemon.
Rock/Flying or Rock/Dragon type.
Movepool should contain some Water moves. Water Gun at the very least.
One of its abilites must be Storm Drain.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
I have some ideas for fossil Pokemon.
(spoilers tag is due to the very long list)
Spoiler:

Although not all of these animals are necessarily native to the UK, I still think they'd be interesting fossil Pokemon

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Cannot BELIEVE none of you suggested a floating monocle

Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Some thoughts:

A badger - Normal/Ground/Dark type
A fox - Dark type
A guard dog (like a doberman or schnauzer) - Normal/Dark type
A dormouse (a sleepy tiny mouse) - Normal type
A golem (reminiscent of Stonehenge) - Rock type
A clock (think like the clock from Beauty and the Beast) - Psychic type
A teapot (as above) - Fairy type
A lamp post - Psychic/Steel/Ghost?
An otter or bank vole - Water type
A chicken - Ground/Flying?
An eagle or a falcon - Fighting/Flying?
A tick - Bug type
A false widow - Bug/Poison type
A cricket - Bug type
A cockroach - Bug type
A goose or albatross - Water/Flying type
Fossil - Triceratops or Stegasaurus
A dolphin - Water/Fighting?
A wooly big horned cow - Normal/Ice type
Something like Nuzleaf that snowboards on a bit of bark
A thistle or daffodil - Grass/Fairy type
An apple tree - Grass type
A painting - Ghost type
Something that creates fairy rings
Psilocybin (hallucination mushroom) or Fly agaric (typical white and red mushroom)

Back