• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bleach Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
If you had to choose in battle, Zanpakuto or Kido?

A battle requires almost equal magnitude of both, in my opinion. A battle can't be won with simply a Zanpakuto or Kido (yes, some may; but let's not get to that right now). If I want to fight decisively and effectively, I'd require both. The choice may vary from shinigami to shinigami, but this is my argument on the matter.

Though, most battles you see in Bleach rarely use Kido. (This is actual Kido; Kido with Hadou and/or Bakudo, not Kido-based zanpakto like Hinamori). Ichigo and Kenpachi have always fought using their zanpakto alone.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Though, most battles you see in Bleach rarely use Kido. (This is actual Kido; Kido with Hadou and/or Bakudo, not Kido-based zanpakto like Hinamori). Ichigo and Kenpachi have always fought using their zanpakto alone.

Yes. But it would probably put them at an advantage if they had some kido skills. Like restricting your opponent's movements and such, you know? :B

Years

Yes. But it would probably put them at an advantage if they had some kido skills. Like restricting your opponent's movements and such, you know? :B

Yeah, that. I love Kido abilities much more than melee ones. Their fights would be much more interesting if they have Kido. XD I find melee fights alone to be boring.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Though one thing that should be considered is the context of the fights - how often do we REALLY see Kidou being used? We have a lot of people who are meant to be Kidou experts (Unohana, Aizen, Shunsui, Yamamoto, Mayuri and Ukitake all have 100 in their Kidou stat, while Hitsugaya, Byakuya and Tousen all have 90 in their Kidou stat), but we rarely ACTUALLY see Kidou.

As opposed to this club, where we know that Kidou is really good, and we have a lot of members who are very good at Kidou, and a lot more people who will use Kidou. If Kenpachi or Ichigo fought us lot, then they'd be a lot more screwed, because we use Kidou quite often, and makes it a much greater disadvantage than it normally would be.

Years
Spoiler:

Though one thing that should be considered is the context of the fights - how often do we REALLY see Kidou being used? We have a lot of people who are meant to be Kidou experts (Unohana, Aizen, Shunsui, Yamamoto, Mayuri and Ukitake all have 100 in their Kidou stat, while Hitsugaya, Byakuya and Tousen all have 90 in their Kidou stat), but we rarely ACTUALLY see Kidou.

As opposed to this club, where we know that Kidou is really good, and we have a lot of members who are very good at Kidou, and a lot more people who will use Kidou. If Kenpachi or Ichigo fought us lot, then they'd be a lot more screwed, because we use Kidou quite often, and makes it a much greater disadvantage than it normally would be.

We've never seen the duo fight together, did we?

Mhm, that as well. XD Kubo does have good concepts behind Bleach (i.e Kido. And I do like the concept behind shikai, bankai and zanpakto spirit as well) - but most of the time, they're glossed over =\ Look what happened to Kido. We rarely see it. Shikai? Only those who haven't got their bankai uses it. For other characters (Captains, and Ichigo), they straightaway use bankai. =.= The zanpakto spirit... only exists when the character is trying to increase his strength. Like Zabimaru and Zangetsu. I'd like to have seen Byakuya conversing with Senbonzakura for once, for example.

Also, speaking of Kido, behold the awesomest 23-second Kido fight of the century. :D

Okay, that should be obvious. See if he figures it out. XP
... And I just noticed, something is a DEAD giveaway. XD

Last edited:

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
Manga 454
Spoiler:

Anime 328
Spoiler:

Awesome, added to my squad page.
Though it says "Lt." at the top...
All non-captain battle data charts say that.
It's just to tell which are which.

I found a few other great Kido battles on youtube. ;p

Byakuya vs Kouga
Kisuke vs Aizen (don't ask my why the picture is backwards)
Tessai vs Hachi (ok, it's from a game, but still cool)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
We've never seen the duo fight together, did we?
Not to my knowledge, no.
Mhm, that as well. XD Kubo does have good concepts behind Bleach (i.e Kido. And I do like the concept behind shikai, bankai and zanpakto spirit as well) - but most of the time, they're glossed over =\ Look what happened to Kido. We rarely see it. Shikai? Only those who haven't got their bankai uses it. For other characters (Captains, and Ichigo), they straightaway use bankai. =.= The zanpakto spirit... only exists when the character is trying to increase his strength. Like Zabimaru and Zangetsu. I'd like to have seen Byakuya conversing with Senbonzakura for once, for example.
Which is a massive problem. Kubo is creative, he just doesn't know how to use it well.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

All non-captain battle data charts say that.
It's just to tell which are which.
Ah, I didn't realise. I just noticed it now XD

Years
Spoiler:

I am the Captain of Squad 2, MC.

(I have no Idea what the rest of this post is in bold, so bare with me.)

Haduka would be best for me, Zanpaktou following up 2nd. I use those two the most, so its only make sense. Kido is too shiny and sparkly to be used by a ninja often, so yeah...

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
Just a notice, I'm going to be gone until probably the 6th or 7th of July.
I'm going on a camping trip, which'll be a nice get away from life.
The captains are in-charge while I'm away. Please try to keep it tidy.
You guys can work out who'll keep a log for me.

RASENCERO

MWOEHAHAHA!!!
Years
I see. Have fun. Look out for bears. XD

Ilpy said:
Ah, good ol' Rasen.

XD
Don't call me old, I ain't 20 yet.

Smile! said:
Affected. Tut tut. You are as bad as your Captain with your grammar.

Oy, don't box me with Ilpy, I don't use english on a daily basis. And in my language its spelled with an e.

Manga
Spoiler:

Anime
Spoiler:

You are attacked and suddenly a spirit offers you power. Choose:
Shinigami, Vizard (Zanpakuto only), Arrancar or Fullbring.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
*Snips Rant*
Most of it is in the anime... So I'm a bit wary. I'll read it when I watch the anime, though.

JThe captains are in-charge while I'm away. Please try to keep it tidy.
Watch actually goes in a log?
Don't call me old, I ain't 20 yet.
You clearly haven't heard the phrase "Good ol' *noun*"

Oy, don't box me with Ilpy, I don't use english on a daily basis. And in my language its spelled with an e.
I can feel the love.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

What do you mean "Vaizard (Zanpakutou only)"?

Yesterday, I went on a day trip to Paris, France. It was really awesome for one major reason - there were a ton of manga shops! I managed to buy volumes 21, 22, 27, 40 and 41 - of Bleach - in French. I know a little bit of French from learning it for 4 years, not to mention I know the Arrancar Arc quite well, so I can get away with reading it XD

Totally don't regret buying it :3

Last edited:
Years
Just a notice, I'm going to be gone until probably the 6th or 7th of July.
I'm going on a camping trip, which'll be a nice get away from life.
The captains are in-charge while I'm away. Please try to keep it tidy.

Have fun~! =D

Manga
Spoiler:

That's not an excuse!

Nah, it's always spelt with an a. Let me give a basic grammar lecture:
Affect (verb) means to have an effect on something. e.g "Will it affect my daily duties if I choose to enter the competition?"
Effect (verb) means to produce; to act so as to bring into existence. e.g "The scientists effect a shock wave."

Affect (noun) means the conscious subjective aspect of feeling or emotion
Effect (noun) means the consequence; result.

Source: WordWeb.
Mwahahahahaha

Spoiler:

Shinigami. Vizard is an interesting option, but when you put in the zanpakto only, I immediately crossed it out. Why? Because I effing love Kido. XD
Arrancar is also interesting, but apart from zanpakto, resurreccion (which is similar to bankai anyway) they lack other abilities (I prefer Kido to Cero. XD)

What do you mean "Vaizard (Zanpakutou only)"?

I think he means that you can't have Kido, since Vizards are originally shinigami who would know Kido. Except Ichigo anyway.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Have fun Zam.

My laptop's fixed now so I'll be posting regularly again from now on.

Loved the last few episodes, loads of action and the animation quality seems to have fluctuated up again. Still not too impressed with the Fullbringers arc in the manga but meh, it's readable i guess.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
I haven't been here in a while. I'm sorry!!

Kido. It's actually pretty close, but I'd pick Kido because it's kinda more epic, IMO. It's like... Magical flames and electricity and light beams and stuff. XD

Shinigami. Not a huge fan of Vizards, I really don't like the Arrancars at all, and Fullbrings are okay, but there's not that much info on them yet... Not as much as Shinigamis have anyway. =P And BTW when I say I like or don't like these things, it's not that I like or don't like the characters who fall under these categories, necessarily... It's just the type of powers in general that I have an opinion on. ;)

Years
Oh dear, I haven't posted here in almost two months. D: hiya.

Spoiler:

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
Hey everyone, I'm back from my camping trip.
It was pretty fun, except for the heat and mosquitos. >.>
Probably the coolest part was seeing the giant redwood trees in Sequoia National Park.

Manga 455
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
That means in the next chapter....
Spoiler:

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
Years
I'm currently running Nyan Cat for a few days, so I can't really watch anime or listen to music or do anything that requires audio... Basically, I'm holding off on the episode for this week. For now.

But for the manga... My reaction right at the last page was:

Spoiler:

I literally said that out loud.

I really don't even think I CAN elaborate any more than that... Except for the fact that:

Spoiler:

Ahh okay, I feel MUCH better now... Rant's done. Go about your lovely business now... LALALALALA~~~

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
Spoiler:

Zameric

The One and Only
Years
Hey guys, I found a new discussion topic while browsing through the Bleach Wiki forums.

Who do you think are the top 10 strongest characters?
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back