• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Time Warp Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek

Years
Even though I don't update the list as soon as a new person signs up, I do keep track on people's progress.
I usually let a few people pile up between updates. Mainly because I end up getting sidetracked and busy a lot.
So I only update when I find some free time for it because I'm also updating my other challenges as well at the same time ^^
Besides, I still got my challenges to deal with and post updates on xD

Ah I see, that makes sense. If it's acceptable, I'd like to sign up for a second challenge so that I have one for my GBC as well. I'm not in any hurry to complete these, in fact I enjoy taking my time with them.

Username: YZN
Game: Silver
Era: Medieval

Definite team members:
Heracross
Skarmory
Arbok

Oher likely team members:
Nidoqueen
Houndoom
Crobat
Dragonite
Xatu
Arbok
Tyranitar
Mr. Mime

And a quick question: do I use my starter until I can get a poison type like zubat or gastly?

Dr. Slavic

Last of the Wailords
Years
Username: Dr. Slavic
Game: Ultimate - Red, Crystal, Ruby, Pearl, White 2, X
Era: Pirate Golden Age

- Update 1 -
Spoiler:

- My Team -
6_zpsd2b2b021.png
7_zpse979ddbd.png

8_zpsb1c99ae2.png
9_zps1f99ca56.png

Spr_1b_034.png
Spr_RG_Sailor.png
Spr_1b_022.png

50px-Boulder_Badge.png
50px-Cascade_Badge.png

- End of Update -

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
And a quick question: do I use my starter until I can get a poison type like zubat or gastly?

Yup, you're allowed to use your starter until you can get your first Era pokémon/type ^^

Tek

Years
Progress update for Jurassic Jam on LeafGreen:

Spoiler:

I'm considering catching a Magikarp to evolve, but I'm worried about my team being vulnerable to electric and rock types. I may keep Charmeleon from evolving until I can diversify my team a bit more.

EV training takes so long without macho brace & pokerus! I'm considering just keeping my team as is until I beat Giovanni and get the macho brace. I would just need to have an HM slave and to make the bugs could soak up EVs that I don't want TYRANT to have.

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 13, 2020
Just joined the time warp challenge. Here is what I'm doing

Username: Tamane
Game: Heartgold
Era: Stone Age

Just beat the first gym, here is team.

Chikorita/ Billiam
Geodude/ Bing
Rattata/ Leena

As a side note, am I allowed to have my mom save my money then use items she buys for me? It's technically not using the mart it self, so I think it should be okay.

Also, if there is an "era types" allowed, and "era types banned", what about the other types? Confused me a bit.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Yeah, you can use your mom to save up money for you and buy you stuff.
And the types that aren't mentined can only be used if they dual type with an Era type. Otherwise, you're supposed to stick to using the Era types and the mandatory Pokemon

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Okay, thank you. Also, can I be added to the challenger list?

You will get added when I update the first post xD which will happen sometime during this christmas holiday, just not right now because Christmas Eve and stuff xD

Years
Hey, finally finished my last challenge (page 12 I think). Starting a new one today.

User: Farthumm
Game: Black
Era: Egyptian

Update #1
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Update #2
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Update #3
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sorry for long delay, finally got X and Y so I've been distracted with that, as well as going back and catching the legendaries from all challenges to eventually be move forward when this one is finished.

Update #4
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fuuka Yamagishi

That Jerk Face
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 29, 2013
Username: Fuuka Yamagishi
Game: HeartGold
Era: The Post-Apocalyptic Scenario

I'm doing this cos one of my friends recommended it on Pokemon Showdown, so I'm looking forward to it! >_<

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Username: Fuuka Yamagishi
Game: HeartGold
Era: The Post-Apocalyptic Scenario

I'm doing this cos one of my friends recommended it on Pokemon Showdown, so I'm looking forward to it! >_<

O.O I didn't know this challenge was so popular xD
Well, welcome to Pokécommunity and welcome to the Challenges section ^^
I'm honored that your first post on PC was in my thread ^^
Hope you enjoy your challenge ^^ And if you have any questions, feel free to ask ^^

Tek

Years
I have a quick question about Jurassic jam. Is Dragonite a reptilian pokemon? Dragons are more or less reptiles but I dunno...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
I have a quick question about Jurassic jam. Is Dragonite a reptilian pokemon? Dragons are more or less reptiles but I dunno...

Well, he DOES look like a reptile to some extent so yes, I believe he is.

Well, he DOES look like a reptile to some extent so yes, I believe he is.

Last edited:

Tek

Years
OK cool. Guess it's time to hit the slots. In other news, I have updates to post! My DS isn't with me, so I can't give exact levels or movesets for my team right now. I'll write them down and edit this post first chance I get.

Progress update for Jurassic Jam on LeafGreen:

Spoiler:

Progress update for Medieval Era on Silver:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Hello, the concept seems very cool so i'll begin directly.

Username: JDlafontaine
Game: Leaf Green
Era: Jurassic Jam

I speak french so i'll play on the french version of the game but I will do some
effort for you.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Hello, the concept seems very cool so i'll begin directly.

Username: JDlafontaine
Game: Leaf Green
Era: Jurassic Jam

I speak french so i'll play on the french version of the game but I will do some
effort for you.

Oh, you don't have to go through much effort, I speak french too so I can read french xD

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 8, 2015
Signing up for this 'cause I wanted to play through Soul Silver again anyway, and why not do it with some extra rules attached to make it even more enjoyable! So yeah, sign up thingy:

Username: Luceat.
Game: Soul Silver.
Era: Post-Apocalyptic Scenario.

Team that may or may not make the final cut:
Weedle/Kakuna/Beedril
Pineco/Forretress
Gastly/Haunter/Gengar
Krabby/Kingler
Eevee/Flareon
Rhyhorn/Rhydon/Rhyperior

Jeez the choice is limited in Johto. There's I think two bug-types above 115 defense that are not mega-evolutions. Forretress and Shuckle. Shuckle is not a tough-looking pokemon at all, and even though Forretress isn't really either in my opinion I don't have any choice :I.

EDIT: Also not using my starter 'cause that's boring. By the way: just noticed I have no water types, so I'm gonna search for one.
EDIT 2: Team has been edited :D.
EDIT 3: Sadface. Realized my team had no Bite in it.

Last edited:

Tek

Years
Progress update for Medieval Era on Silver

Spoiler:

Tek

Years
Update for Medieval Era on Silver:

Spoiler:

Current Team:
Spoiler:

Status