• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Repost | R/S/E/FR/LG] How to change Pokémon sprites (Beginners guide)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 10, 2007
I took the sprite of Treecko in PkMn Ruby and create a new pokemon form scratch. The back is the same color as the original (purple or green) and the outlines are black. Then I save the new sprite on the rom. But when I see it playing... The lines of the sprite are messed up... They are white and not black anymore
Can someone help please? Thanks

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2007
ok i got two problems

one:i insert two images but they both always have the same pallete
like charzard facing front is normal and charzard facing back is shiny but when i do it. it's ether shiny and shiny or normal and normal

two:every time i insert a new trainer image for gary (i'm using fire red)it has messed up lines at the bottom but its the same 64X64 size
anyone that can help will be greatly appreceated

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
I took the sprite of Treecko in PkMn Ruby and create a new pokemon form scratch. The back is the same color as the original (purple or green) and the outlines are black. Then I save the new sprite on the rom. But when I see it playing... The lines of the sprite are messed up... They are white and not black anymore
Can someone help please? Thanks

Maybe the color you used for the outline was the background one.

ok i got two problems

one:i insert two images but they both always have the same pallete
like charzard facing front is normal and charzard facing back is shiny but when i do it. it's ether shiny and shiny or normal and normal

two:every time i insert a new trainer image for gary (i'm using fire red)it has messed up lines at the bottom but its the same 64X64 size
anyone that can help will be greatly appreceated

1. The backsprite should always be shiny, in the game it won't be.

2. The sprite has to have the same number of pixels as the Gary one.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2007
Christos said:
Maybe the color you used for the outline was the background one.

In Paint, the background was the purple one and I used Black for the outlines and with another sprite, the bg was green and I used once again black for outline and result was the same.. 0.o

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2007
umm that doesen't help for #1 i need to know how to KEEP
it like that but it wont let me only normal and normal not normal and shiny

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
I have a terrible time trying to insert Diamond/Pearl Sprites. All the ones I find are 80x80 does anyone know wheere I can find 64x64 Diamond/Pearl Sprites with or without the colored backround..?

thanks

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
I'm new here and am also trying to get d/p pokemon into my hack, i can't seem to figure out how to get the pictures to turn out like they should, i replaced one of the ?? pics with turtwig, but since i couldn't maKe aN indexed png i replaced a bulbasaur one i ripped and inserted it over the ??. Now i can't figure out how to remove those corrupted lines on the sprite. :(

if anyone has a link to already indexed d/p sprites i would love you...i tryed all the links here but they were dead...

please if someone could answer,i would appricate it alot

Twilight Itachi X

Twilight X. The ultimate.
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 17, 2008
I'm also trying to figure this out, I'm having trouble putting Aruseus (the Steel type version mainly) in my hack for some time now. With either using Pokepic or Unlz GBA it won't work, either the colors are messed up (Pokepic), or there are those glitchy lines on the bottom of the images (Unlz). I would really like to know if there is an indexed Aruseus sprite (again, the Steel type can be good), Sprihacknet doesn't have all of the D/P Pokemon (and I need indexed Aruseus sprites). It will be much appreciated if there's somewhere that has all of the D/P Pokemon indexed.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
Years
I'm also trying to figure this out, I'm having trouble putting Aruseus (the Steel type version mainly) in my hack for some time now. With either using Pokepic or Unlz GBA it won't work, either the colors are messed up (Pokepic), or there are those glitchy lines on the bottom of the images (Unlz). I would really like to know if there is an indexed Aruseus sprite (again, the Steel type can be good), Sprihacknet doesn't have all of the D/P Pokemon (and I need indexed Aruseus sprites). It will be much appreciated if there's somewhere that has all of the D/P Pokemon indexed.

I have one, but i need to get 15 posts first lol

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
Ok, can I import an image that was drawn already to replace the old pokemon? And, how do I set the color depth to 16

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
Ok, can I import an image that was drawn already to replace the old pokemon? And, how do I set the color depth to 16

redragon

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2007
When I try importing one, it says "image not indexed" can anyone help? Thanks

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
Years
You have to save the pic you want to edit. Paste your pic in the pic. Color the backround as the original pic ones. Than import it.

Actually I don't know how to make indexed sprite. It means the Pics you import aren't "registered" in the game.

trevor813

Its Just Me I Am Zero
Years
You have to save the pic you want to edit. Paste your pic in the pic. Color the backround as the original pic ones. Than import it.

Actually I don't know how to make indexed sprite. It means the Pics you import aren't "registered" in the game.

hmm i guess ill try it ;)

Youji

Game Designer
Years

hmm i guess ill try it ;)

If you want to take my message and write your message above than click QUOTE.

redragon

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2007
for ruby, the hoenn pokemon start at around 964, so bulbasaur should be around 462, but I have a question, I try changing the front sprite of the 3 starters, but it doesn't work but the back sprites work, but also, the front and back sprites work for their evolutions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back