Male
UK
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
124 posts
6.4 Years
Hello, again.

First of all, thanks for your reply.

I understand your intention about egg moves, but what I said is that although in your Pokédex page,

Ivysaur should learn Sludge at 19Lv but did not learn it in my case.

I've been playing the hard mode v2.1, and found that the latest version is v2.2, it may probably be because of that.

So far, reaching the Saffron gym. Found two freezing bugs.

Again, I've been playing the hard mode v2.1 and

using the mGBA emulator.

1. Moonblast freeze

One of the trainers in the Saffron gym has an Alakazam.

When that Alakazam uses Moonblast, the game is freezing.

It may be a glitch in the Mr.DollSteak rombase.

2. Saffron City, "don't look at my letter." girl freeze

There is a house in Saffron city where a girl writes a letter and says "don't look at my letter."

When trying to read a letter on the top of a desk, the game is freezing.

And I also have an opinion about the Celadon gym.

Many Pokémons (like Bellsprout and Oddish) have Sleep Powder and Stun Spore at the same time.

Because of that such pokémon mostly uses those moves, even if it already makes an opponent sleep or being paralyzed.

Replacing one of those moves by others would make battles more fun.

Also, the Vileplume of the leader Erika has Aromatherapy.

In my case, until it faints, the Vileplume consistently used Aromatherapy.

In general, the Vileplume would be the last Pokémon of Erika, because of that using Aromatherapy is pointless.

How about replacing Aromatherapy with Moonlight?

One last thing is about Growth.

I know that Growth increases two stages of Attack and Special Attack in harsh sunrise,

but in your hack, it always increases two stages of Attack and Special Attack always.

Is that your intention or mistake?
Oh, I see.
Yes, the addition of Sludge to Ivysaur's moveset is new to V2.2.

I will take a look into the Alakazam/Moonblast bug, thanks for pointing this out.

The letter freeze has been pointed out to me before, I've added it to my list of fixes for V2.3. The sprite for the letter is just missing a script which is what's causing the freeze.

The reason the Celadon Gym Pokémon have both those moves is because in Hard Mode, most trainer Pokémon are just set to have whatever moves they would naturally have at that level. I can certainly look to refine this so thanks for drawing my attention to that. It's the same deal with Vileplume having Aromatherapy, though the reason it keeps trying to use it may be because the AI can be a bit stupid sometimes. This is a result of the rombase and is documented in the 'Known Bugs' section on the OP. I think your suggestion of replacing it with Moonlight is a good one, and I'll put it on my list.

As for Growth, this is also a result of the rombase. I guess MrDollSteak couldn't figure out how to implement the boost it receives in sun and so decided to just make it a permanent thing.

This rom was actually made a few years ago, before the release of the CFRU, and MrDollSteak's base is now considered obsolete due to the amount of bugs it has. I have been having thoughts lately of remaking the game in the CFRU as I do not have the ASM knowledge to fix these bugs, however I'm going to struggle to find time to do this.
We'll see what the future holds.

Inner Rhymes

Hip Hop and Pokemon are all I need.

He/Him
India.
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
1,298 posts
4.7 Years
Oh, I see.
Yes, the addition of Sludge to Ivysaur's moveset is new to V2.2.

I will take a look into the Alakazam/Moonblast bug, thanks for pointing this out.

The letter freeze has been pointed out to me before, I've added it to my list of fixes for V2.3. The sprite for the letter is just missing a script which is what's causing the freeze.

The reason the Celadon Gym Pokémon have both those moves is because in Hard Mode, most trainer Pokémon are just set to have whatever moves they would naturally have at that level. I can certainly look to refine this so thanks for drawing my attention to that. It's the same deal with Vileplume having Aromatherapy, though the reason it keeps trying to use it may be because the AI can be a bit stupid sometimes. This is a result of the rombase and is documented in the 'Known Bugs' section on the OP. I think your suggestion of replacing it with Moonlight is a good one, and I'll put it on my list.

As for Growth, this is also a result of the rombase. I guess MrDollSteak couldn't figure out how to implement the boost it receives in sun and so decided to just make it a permanent thing.

This rom was actually made a few years ago, before the release of the CFRU, and MrDollSteak's base is now considered obsolete due to the amount of bugs it has. I have been having thoughts lately of remaking the game in the CFRU as I do not have the ASM knowledge to fix these bugs, however I'm going to struggle to find time to do this.
We'll see what the future holds.
Not going to lie, porting this hack to CFRU base would be absolutely insane, especially with all the added bonuses that come with it like a faster battle load screen, running shoes toggle etc.
Ayee I just dropped my latest single Soulace on all streaming platforms. This is a chill Lofi track that's very personal to me! I hope y'all enjoy!

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fT3k2KU1dw
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/0EeJ5hMa8YUDHaZEhmbCqk
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/in/album/soulace-single/1565986518?ls

Age 30
Male
UK
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
124 posts
6.4 Years
Also where can i find the rainbow wing... I went to pewter city like in soul silver but cant find it there
You get the Rainbow Wing from the Director of the Radio Tower once you rid it of Team Rocket. Once you have the Rainbow Wing, you can then get the Silver Wing from Pewter City as in Pokémon Gold.