• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gotta Play 'em All! [A journey through all 35 main series games]

Years
This will be my own personal space to keep track of my game progress as I attempt to play through all 35 main series Pokemon games within one year.

To avoid burn-out, I will be playing the games 'simultaenously' and rotating every day, following a set structure which should give me enough variety in terms of regions. I have also added a few additional rules to make it a bit more of a challenge, such as banning healing items in-battle and forcing myself to play on set mode. I also have to use a full team of six rather than just speed running through the game with an overleveled starter.

While this is not a fixed rule, I will also attempt to use a unique team of six each time, although some of my favorites (as well as starters) may get featured multiple times. I won't use the same Pokemon twice within one region though.

Feedback/input is much appreciated! I do have most teams planned out, but changes can still be made along the way.

I started this challenge on December 25th of this year, which means I'm currently on day 5 of the challenge.

DAY 1 [25/12/2021] ー POKEMON RED
Spoiler:

DAY 2 [26/12/2021] ー POKEMON SILVER

Spoiler:

DAY 3 [27/12/2021] ー POKEMON RUBY
Spoiler:

DAY 4 [28/12/2021] ー POKEMON LEAF GREEN
Spoiler:

Last edited:

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
Years
I like how you went with the nicknaming schemes.
Seems like a hard time to take on all these games all at once. It is good that you add some variety by doing mix and match, I believe it will be a good preventive measure against burn-out.
I didn't know about the nugget glitch, thanks.
Good luck in the future :)

Years
I like how you went with the nicknaming schemes.
Seems like a hard time to take on all these games all at once. It is good that you add some variety by doing mix and match, I believe it will be a good preventive measure against burn-out.
I didn't know about the nugget glitch, thanks.
Good luck in the future :)

Thank you very much! It was somewhat of a struggle to come up with all of the naming themes, but I'm glad I did. It will surely help make feel each run unique as well as bond with my Pokemon.

Rotating has its disadvantages but overall, I think this is better for my sanity than having to play Pokemon Sun, Pokemon Moon, Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon in their entirely back-to-back lol.

DAY 5 [29/12/2021] ー POKEMON DIAMOND
Spoiler:

Pokeswapper

Pokeswapper
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 5, 2022
All the best sailor 👍 😇 wishing you all the best on this journey you are on .... It's actually the first time I have seen someone take up this kind of a challenge ...

Years
All the best sailor 👍 😇 wishing you all the best on this journey you are on .... It's actually the first time I have seen someone take up this kind of a challenge ...

Thank you very much! ^^ I was actually inspired by a similar challenge I saw on Reddit! Although the person in question only played through 13 games, I believe? They also only gave themselves 6 weeks to complete the challenge which meant about 3 days per game. I definitely couldn't do that, haha.

DAY 6 [30/12/2021] ー POKEMON HEARTGOLD
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
I love this! Totally makes me want to start the slog, too! Does the 35 games include Legends Arceus?

Years
I love this! Totally makes me want to start the slog, too! Does the 35 games include Legends Arceus?

You definitely should! If you make a thread to log your journey, I will definitely read along! ^^ It'd be nice to have someone take on this challenge alongside me.

As of now, I did include Legends of Arceus as the very final game on the list. I started on December 25th because that is exactly 35 days away from the game's release date. I think it looks just similar enough to other main series games to count as one. There are obvious differences, but Legends of Arceus doesn't seem like an entirely different game like Pokemon Ranger or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Years
DAY 7 [31/12/2021] ー POKEMON BLACK
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
DAY 8 [01/01/2022] ー POKEMON WHITE 2
Spoiler:

Years
DAY 9 [02/01/2022] ー POKEMON X
Spoiler:

Years
DAY 10 [03/01/2022] ー POKEMON ALPHA SAPPHIRE
Spoiler:

Years
DAY 11 [04/01/2022] ー POKEMON SUN
Spoiler:

Years
DAY 12 [05/01/2022] ー POKEMON ULTRA MOON
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
DAY 13 [06/01/2022] ー POKEMON LET'S GO PIKACHU
Spoiler:

Years
DAY 14 [07/01/2022] ー POKEMON SWORD
Spoiler:

Years
DAY 15 [08/01/2022] ー POKEMON SHINING PEARL
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
I really like the graphics you use hehe. And I adore the Yokai naming scheme!

Thank you very much! I'm not an expert on Yokai, but it was pretty fun to learn more about them while looking up names for my Pokemon.

DAY 16 [09/01/2022] ー POKEMON BLUE
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
DAY 17 [10/01/2022] ー POKEMON GOLD
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back