• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Entertaining Chit-Chat (sportsproof!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Are you basing that on the box office figures, or...?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
So it seems the latest Pirates movie isn't as bad as the critics make it seem. Anyone seen it yet?
I hadn't even seen a trailer before I went to the cinema and saw it haha. I loved it! Of course none of the sequels reach the grand awesomeness and cleverness that was the first one, but this was good in many ways.

Spoiler:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
DID YOU SEE THE VOLDEMORT SPIN-OFF FOR THE HP UNIVERSE TRAILER????

Years
Oh, it's indie, but got the green light from the official folks.

I also don't know what to feel about it. I mean, it looks like it would fit in with the other movies, but still. Did we need a movie about this? I'd probably watch it regardless if for no other reason than curiosity.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Oh, it's indie, but got the green light from the official folks.

I also don't know what to feel about it. I mean, it looks like it would fit in with the other movies, but still. Did we need a movie about this? I'd probably watch it regardless if for no other reason than curiosity.

I'm hyped for it guys.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
I've liked a few fan-made HP movies. I follow 'Harry Potter Untold Tales' FB page to find news about indie films.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I've liked a few fan-made HP movies. I follow 'Harry Potter Untold Tales' FB page to find news about indie films.
Is this a big thing? Like, people have made indie HP movies already? Watchable ones, I mean, not low tier youtube trash 8)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I'd like to read HP fanbooks. Not just fanfiction, actual ok published stories.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
I've not seen any published fanbooks. But a good fan made short film look up 'Severus Snape and the Marauders.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
That's a neat concept, though I'm not sure how many diehard HP fans it will cater to. Seems to me that it'll be more for the strictly moviegoers, or maybe people that came into the franchise late.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Ugh, the only movie I've seen in the cinema for ages is the latest Pirates one. Aside from Wonder Woman (I suppose), is there some other movie rn that I really shouldn't miss while they're in the cinemas? Some just are much better to watch there than in your living room :)

Years
HP fanbooks would be the natural next step to keeping the franchise alive. That, or a new adaptation of the books like a mini series or something.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Considering there are fanbooks (or, well, books by other authors, call them "fanbooks" or not) for plenty of other franchises, Star Wars and whatnot, it wouldn't be a strange step. Rather, it would be pretty awesome.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Last movie I saw in theaters was Anchorman 2. Waiting for blu rays is so much cheaper.

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
I rarely see movies at the cinema anymore. Usually just the few that I anticipate for a long time, and that doesn't happen a lot these days either.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It'd be a treat to visit the theaters this summer with my fianc?. I haven't been to any in years, it feels like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back