• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hello! Can you suggest a good ingame moveset for this Pokemons:

Stoutland
Zebstrika
Swoobat
Conkeldurr
Ferrothorn.

I cannot seem to post a new thread in the ingame team help.

Try these:

Stoutland:
-Return
-Crunch
-Fire Fang/Wild Charge
-Ice Fang/Wild Charge
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Ability: Sand Rush

Zebstrika:
-Wild Charge
-Flame Charge
-Discharge/Thunderbolt
-Thrash/Return
Nature: Hasty/Naive

Swoobat (just so you know, Sigilyph can do this better thanks to its higher Special Attack):
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Air Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Fly (for travel purposes)
Nature: Timid
Ability: Unaware (Swoobat)/Magic Guard (Sigilyph)

Conkeldurr:
-Bulk Up
-Hammer Arm
-Stone Edge
-Payback
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Guts
(you can probably work Strength in there somewhere, just not over Hammer Arm)

Ferrothorn:
-Curse
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip
-Bulldoze
Nature: Sassy

Edit: @miakalina: you can get Ragecandybars from:
-the Team Rocket guy's wife in Iccirrus during winter
-Prof. Juniper when you go to the Relic Castle after obtaining the National Dex
-one of the prizes in the Royal Unova

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
this question still needs an answer.....
There are two factors by which you can judge if you have won or not. One of them is which Pokémon is jumping in the picture, the other one is where the old guy gives you feedback. If there are two Pokémon jumping in the picture, and if you are the last one to get feedback, then you can be sure you've won. Just combine these to factors to determine the result.

Can I get more Ragecandybars somewhere in the game?
I need them for Darmanitan.
The only places where you can get Ragecandybars in Pokémon B/W are the Desert Resort (From Professor Juniper), Icirrus City (Winter) and the Castelia City Royal Unova Gift. Quoted from Serebii, the Royal Unova Gift is this:
The Royal Unova is a boat found at the dock by the Pokémon Centre in Castelia City. Until you beat the game, you cannot access this boat. However, once you have received the National Pokédex, you will be able to access it. The Royal Unova sets sail once a day, with it's sailing time varying between season.
Spring: 17:00-19:59
Summer: 19:00-20:59
Autumn: 17:00-19:59
Winter: 16:00-18:59
It costs you 1,000 PokéDollars to get on. However, there is a catch. There is a time limit to being on the boat. Once that time limit is passed, the boat redocks at Castelia City and you get given an item based on the trainers you defeated.
One of these items being the ragecandybar, I assume.

Last edited:

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Daylight savings time recently effected the time where I live, and so I want to change my game clock to fix that. My only question is, will this mess with my White game? I can't really think of examples, but I seem to recall hearing things in the past about changing the clock effecting the Black and White games. This will be important for me to know in the future, too, since when I someday move to Japan, I'll have to change the game's clock drastically.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
If you mess with it enough, the most it will do is lock you out of daily events for 24 hours. I'm not sure how much 'enough' is, but that's the only effect it will have on your game so don't worry too much about changing the clock.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Well, I think I'm seeing the effects of changing my game's clock for DST already. I used the Global Link yesterday over an hour ago from this time, then today I tried to go on after changing my DS's clock for DST and now my game is complaining I can't "tuck" a Pokemon in to use the Dream World since I supposedly already did it once today, even though I haven't since yesterday, well over 25 hours ago from now. So unless there's a way someone knows to get around it, I'm jipped out of going to the Dream World until tomorrow.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Missing one day isn't too huge a deal, I don't think there's anything you can do to get around it. Just be patient. :)

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
When I'm RNG'ing for eggs, can I turn on the C-gear after I get my egg so I can hatch the egg quicker or will that affect the outcome of my pokémon?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm pretty sure you can, once you get the egg, everything inside it has been set. Be sure to use a Pokemon with Flame Body or Magma Armour also to speed it up.

Just confirming this since you sounded a big unsure, it doesn't matter what you do after you get the egg. Not sure how it would hatch the egg quicker though. x_X

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years

Just confirming this since you sounded a big unsure, it doesn't matter what you do after you get the egg. Not sure how it would hatch the egg quicker though. x_X

I guess I didn't made that clear, sorry.
I meant "Turning the C-Gear on and using the entralink power Hatching Power^^^", it lasts three minutes but it's awesome for breeding. Can't find a better way to put those pass orbs to use.
Thanks for the answer people!

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Missing one day isn't too huge a deal, I don't think there's anything you can do to get around it. Just be patient. :)
Quite true, but now I'm worried this has become a bigger problem. I just tried again to "tuck a Pokemon in" and got the same message about the energy being out and needing to wait a day for it to "charge". In other words, it still thinks I've put a Pokemon to sleep within the past 24 hours. Shouldn't it be fixed by now? What's the deal?

EDIT: Ok, now it's working. I guess I needed to wait until it was exactly 48 hours or more since I last used the Dream World. Still doesn't make sense why I had to wait so long, but right now I just thank God things seem to be working again. In any case, I'm making this "edit" message instead of deleting the post just in case something like this happens again in the future and someone (including myself) could make use of it as a reference.

Last edited:

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Hey people, I know I've been asking a lot of questions lately about RNG.
I'm getting started, so please bear with me.
614.gif

Here goes another one:
Is there anyway to find seeds for Flawless eggs without them being shiny? Because the shiny egg tab takes too long to find seeds and it's hard to find a flawless one without two flawless parents.
So basically my question is, can I find seeds of flawless eggs without two flawless parents? If so, how?

Sensui

Ascend
Years
Foul Play mechanics?

About Foul Play...

For those who don't know, it's a Dark type move with 95 Power/100 Accuracy that does more damage if the opponent has a high Attack.

Does anyone know how it adds damage though? Is it a formula that uses their current attack, including stat boosts? (Salamence's 405 Attack, or 607 w/ 1 stat boost)

Or does it use the base Attack stat like the Fast Ball and Low Kick/Grass Knot? (Salamence has 135 Attack)

I looked on Serebii and couldn't find anything, so if anyone knows help me out please. o.O

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
About Foul Play...

For those who don't know, it's a Dark type move with 95 Power/100 Accuracy that does more damage if the opponent has a high Attack.

Does anyone know how it adds damage though? Is it a formula that uses their current attack, including stat boosts? (Salamence's 405 Attack, or 607 w/ 1 stat boost)

Or does it use the base Attack stat like the Fast Ball and Low Kick/Grass Knot? (Salamence has 135 Attack)

I looked on Serebii and couldn't find anything, so if anyone knows help me out please. o.O
Simply put, Foul Play uses your opponent's Attack during damage calculation; it takes all the opponent's Attack boosts and drops in account.

Sensui

Ascend
Years
So PlatinumDude, what you're saying is that is uses their Attack stat to deal the damage? Like if you fought someone with 372 Attack, Foul Play would turn the 372 Atk on them?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
So PlatinumDude, what you're saying is that is uses their Attack stat to deal the damage? Like if you fought someone with 372 Attack, Foul Play would turn the 372 Atk on them?

As I explained earlier, yes. Foul Play uses your opponent's Attack (taking into account all boosts and drops) during damage calculation rather than your own.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Is there any way to send more than one Pokemon at a time to your game from the Dream World?

Nope, sadly there's not. :( Though you could always get another game and use another DW account then you could. :3 It kinda sucks, yeah, I'd rather have more than one in there sometimes, lol.

Years
qucik question
i cant figure out how to add people to my game pal on pokemon global link....
i have done an ir friend code with someone ...and nothing
i have done a wifi battle with the middle person ontop of the Pokecenter and nothing
and ive done trades with people through person above and nothing ... andyes i have a pgl account .

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
Years
Is it possible to RNG breed a flawless pokémon without it being shiny? I mean, how can we find the seeds for those?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back