• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: HGSS Golden Edition

Mag-Mar

50% Saved Steps
Years
The ruins of alph sidequest is the same as it is in SacredGold and StormSilver (thanks to Drayano)
Basically, every 7 different unknow you capture, you are rewarded a prize:

7 different unown = TM10 (Hidden Power)
14 different unown = Up-Grade
21 different unown = Lucky Egg (highly recommended for the level curve patch)
28 different unown = Master Ball

In addition, new crafted sprites have been made for all 28 unown.
BY31EWc.png

The rom is incompatible with the randomizer, you will have to geth the creator to add support to it.

As for new features:

Hard version is basically the level curve patch. I wont be making any other difficulty changes.

Global Exp.share is not going to be created, i feel its inclusion Gen 6 ruined the "effort factor" of raison pokemon.

Finally, I will be inserting reusable TMs once I figure out how. There is no set date for this so you will have to wait and see...;)

I think there is an issue with Victreebel, the name is very odd. Can you take a look?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I know this is a little late, but by the (E) rom, do you mean the rom of the game released in the European Union?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 19, 2018
First of all, thank you a lot for your job.
I would like to ask you... Is there any possibility to add real pokemon voices to the game? I saw a lot of videos on youtube with them and it seems they are ready to add to hackroms.

Or a way to hide what the next pokemon your oponent will use to increase difficulty, like other hackroms.

Sorry for my bad English. Thank you again

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
What was in the December 14th/15th update?

hmm...odd, seems my post didnt go through.

UPDATE 15/12/17

- Corrected an issue where many TMs had an additional "0" in their names.
- Movesets for some pokemon have been updated to reflect Ultra Sun/Moon's updated movesets.

Eg: - Hoppip now learns absorb at Level 0
- Ampharos now learns Dragon Pulse at Level 65 and through TM
- Blastoise can now be taught Dragon Pulse through TM
- Mankey/Primape can now learn Outrage 53/63 respectively.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Quick update before Christmas that fixes a glaring issue

24/12/2017

"- Corrected an issue where many restoring items indicated they restored "DBZ levels of stupid" amounts by thousands."

Kusa Master of Grass

I live in Verdanturf Town in Hoenn
Years
So what is the function of the hack? As it does not yet exist and unhappily trades in Drastic, I thought it would be possible to complete the whole dex. If it does not have all the catchable Pokémon it's not worth it to invest my time in it. But I have an interest in rom. It seems to me to be very interesting, fix it, please. I really wanted to play this hack.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
So what is the function of the hack? As it does not yet exist and unhappily trades in Drastic, I thought it would be possible to complete the whole dex. If it does not have all the catchable Pokémon it's not worth it to invest my time in it. But I have an interest in rom. It seems to me to be very interesting, fix it, please. I really wanted to play this hack.

What are you talking about? The hack exists, you can download it.

Its purpose is to be an improved version of the originals without deviating too far in terms of difficulty and what is obtainable.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
What are you talking about? The hack exists, you can download it.

Its purpose is to be an improved version of the originals without deviating too far in terms of difficulty and what is obtainable.
May I ask what version this is now? I know you posted an update on the 21st of this month/year but I would like a specific patch version for organization purposes.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2023
I really like how you've gone out of you're way to keep the base HGSS experience intact this looks really good. I'm curious though, you've added ways to get the gen 4 evolutions that HGSS didn't have the johto dex, but I don't see anyway to get the dusk or shiny stones early, can you just get them at the game corner like all the other stones?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2023
Oh also have you considered making a version of platinum, since every rom hack I see of that also do things like adding in all gen 1-3 pokemon, increasing difficulty, and or changing types of pokemon

Something like this for platinum would be perfect

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I really like how you've gone out of you're way to keep the base HGSS experience intact this looks really good. I'm curious though, you've added ways to get the gen 4 evolutions that HGSS didn't have the johto dex, but I don't see anyway to get the dusk or shiny stones early, can you just get them at the game corner like all the other stones?

Thats a good point, i will see if i can get those items added for the next patch.

UPDATE: Well that didnt take long:
Yc2sHWT.png

patch updated so please check notes and re-download.

Last edited:
Back