• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black Kyurem Vs White Kyurem

Which of Kyurem's new formes do you think is going to be the better?

• Black Kyurem

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • White Kyurem

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
what sucks is that neither form gets STAB from its signature move, since they're both Dragon/Ice types

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
I've always liked Reshiram's design better (even though Zekrom had the better typing imo) so I'm going with White Kyurem. It looks MUCH better than its counterpart and its higher Special Attack goes great with Draco Meteor.
BTW, how do you pronounce Kyurem? Is it Kai-u-rem or just Q-Rem? 'Cos I go with the former.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Well... for me, I always judge the two game mascots on a bit of my own criteria, which includes the general appearance, history, movepool and competitive use. If I feel that it looks awkward or just... not cool, I will probably choose the other. If it doesn't have a nice, attention-grabbing hook correlating with the backstory of the game, I'm probably more tempted to get the other. However, if one of the mascots doesn't tie in with the story they both probably don't so I try not to weight heavily on that aspect of it. Movepool is really important to me, though, because if what I'm going to be battling with throughout the game is sucky, I'm not going to bother. Competitive usage is important to me as well, since I try to do Wi-Fi as much as I can, so if its stats are unmanageable I won't bother with it.

Kyurem-W fits all of my criteria perfectly as opposed to Kyurem-B looking estranged and lopsided and having a shallow(er) movepool.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'll take the more beautiful, less derpy one. I'm taking White Kyurem for this one... I wonder how it'll handle in battles?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Even though I like Reshiram more then Zekrom separately combinedwith Kyurem I'm going to have to say Black Kyurem. Just because Ithink it looks cooler then in its White Kyurem form.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
They're both horribly designed, but I'll go with Black Kyurem because its better than White Kyurem.

Ralaia

~Smooth as Ice~
Years
I would have to say White Kyurem! Because it has a better design in my opinion. Black Kyurem is cool to though I just don't get the black and gray mixed in the design because it looks weird. But I really don't care because they are both awesome pokemon! :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2013
i prefer black kyurem because zekrom is much stronger, i bought black 2 because i wanted zekrom.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I'll vote for White Kyurem because pokemon white 2 represents white kyurem, and I have this version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back