• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The first Pokemon you caught is ......

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In FireRed, it was Charmander. Next would be Pidgey. In LeafGreen, my first Pokémon was Squirtle. Aside from that though, I think it was Rattata. d:

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
I normally would use Squirtle, so I caught a Pidgey very quickly so that he could defeat Gary's Bulbasaur. I also really liked Pidgey for some reason. It seemed strong early on and it was a boss when it was a Pidgeot.

Oh... Me too. I think Pidgey has better design then Ratta

And i also didn't knew that i can run from wild battles so i use to faint every pokemon i encounter! By this i remember my starter charmander grew into charizard just after vermilion gym battle! and my butterfree was level 33 at that time! Pidgey was the second i caught!

When i reached Vermillion city i had a Charizard, A butterfly of lvl 39 & Pidgeot & I forgot what it was. I remember it was maybe 4 Pokemon i had that time. Oh when i first played Leaf green i also didn't knew that i can run off from the battle. I also try to beat my opponent wild Pokemon up. And for that my Pokemon become more strong.
Pidgey. Same thing in Red/Blue.

In FireRed, it was Charmander. Next would be Pidgey. In LeafGreen, my first Pokémon was Squirtle. Aside from that though, I think it was Rattata. d:

Oh Pidgey is famous maybe ! Many people caught Pidgey or Ratta did any one other catched anything else ?

A Rattata, if I recall correctly. Or a Pidgey. The expected. xD;

Hm.... Pidgey ? me too. Many people get Pidgey as there first caught Pokemon.

MawChomp

Average Trainer/Breeder
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
2nd encounter ? oh but you didn't catch anything until 2nd encounter ? anyway it your life play it as you want. But great to hear you first Pokemon you caught is Pikachu.
Oh I meant fighting him on route 22. Sorry for the confusion.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
First pokemon was pidgey because it was the first pokemon i ran into when i had pokeballs :P

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Me too my first encounter was Pidgey but i didn't have Pokeball so later after encountering 3 or 4 Pokemon i caught a lvl 4 Pidgey.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Pidgey is hitting the roll ! gonna do a jackpot ha ha (Kidding guys) By the way anyone else who would like to tell that his first Pokemon he caught was something else. Not pidgey or rattata >

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
Years
Gosh, it seems like everyone here nabbed a Pidgey first, looks like I'm joining in on the bandwagon! Pidgeot makes a neat flying type on the team.

Lethality

Teh Trueblade
Years
I'm on the Pidgey bandwagon too. I liked it a lot more than Spearow and it's pretty much a necessity for me to have something that can use fly on my in game team.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
First pokemon that I caught was Mankey. To be honest, I went looking for Nidoran's, but there weren't any at that route before the Pokemon League. Seeing Mankey was a surprise.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 17, 2014
My first pokemon was nidoran(female) I used her until end of the game. Even more then starter.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Pikachu, in the Viridian forest. Sometimes it would take a while since I wanted a Male. I just dont like female pika's lol

Back