• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Okay guys and girls, who is your favourite Pokémon from the new sun &a moon series?

MuzzaYT

Sam :)
Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen May 3, 2018
Okay guys and girls, who is your favourite Pok?mon from the new sun &a moon series?

My favourite Pok?mon on any series is of course Pikachu, but I must say I though Tapu Lele's character in the new series was interesting, mysterious and at the same time playful. Not to mention that the aesthetics are wonderful and unlike any other Pok?mon we've seen in different series. So if I had to chose a Pok?mon over Pikachu it would be Tapu Lele. How about you guys!?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Komala is just too cute. When it was first revealed, I knew I was going to catch and use one in SM, it's a little lackluster in battle, I think it fainted the most out of all my SM pokemon. Still it's one of my favorite gen 7 and normal type pokemon despite being a little weak and people begging for an evolution, like Dunsparce.

Passimian is pretty cool too, at first I wanted Oranguru but since I got Sun I went with Passimian and its design grew on me, I like it more than Oranguru now. It was one of my stronger members of my SM team, pulling through strong physical attacks.

Mimikyu, its annoying popularity aside, I quite liked it. It was easily the strongest member of my SM team. It's not as great as people hype it up to be and I don't see the appeal, and don't feel bad for it though, since a ton of other pokemon are forced into Pikachu's shadow while it is super popular now.

Primarina is a pretty pokemon as well, very defensive and reliable in battle. Funny enough when SM came out people were ragging on Popplio but it was my favorite of the three and I liked it before its evolutions were leaked.

Shiinotic is one I used in a second SM playthrough because I really liked its ghostly mushroom design. Pretty decent wall and reliable with recovery moves.

Don't care for a lot of other gen 7 pokemon, especially the grotesque UBs

Last edited:

MuzzaYT

Sam :)
Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen May 3, 2018
Komala is just too cute. When it was first revealed, I knew I was going to catch and use one in SM, it's a little lackluster in battle, I think it fainted the most out of all my SM pokemon. Still it's one of my favorite gen 7 and normal type pokemon despite being a little weak and people begging for an evolution, like Dunsparce.

Passimian is pretty cool too, at first I wanted Oranguru but since I got Sun I went with Passimian and its design grew on me, I like it more than Oranguru now. It was one of my stronger members of my SM team, pulling through strong physical attacks.

Mimikyu, its annoying popularity aside, I quite liked it. It was easily the strongest member of my SM team. It's not as great as people hype it up to be and I don't see the appeal, and don't feel bad for it though, since a ton of other pokemon are forced into Pikachu's shadow while it is super popular now.

Primarina is a pretty pokemon as well, very defensive and reliable in battle. Funny enough when SM came out people were ragging on Popplio but it was my favorite of the three and I liked it before its evolutions were leaked.

Shiinotic is one I used in a second SM playthrough because I really liked its ghostly mushroom design. Pretty decent wall and reliable with recovery moves.

Don't care for a lot of other gen 7 pokemon, especially the grotesque UBs

I agree with you on passimian as I also found his character heart warming and great in the anime! The design I though on a reverse holo you could get of him was awesome.

I don't play with SM cards or Pok?mon cards at all I'm just a huge fan of collecting the cards and watching the animes (and of course collecting the plushy stuff but I shouldn't admit this now I'm almost 18) .

I think mimikyu is an interesting Pok?mon but at the same time I found it quite annoying in the series because I use to like that in the Xy and Xyz series that Ash used to struggle to fight them in the anime and it led to some pretty good battles, but with mimikyu unless Pikachu was a round he didn't care and only wanted to fight Pikachu! XD

I also agree with all the rest of the Pok?mon you have mentioned!

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen May 3, 2018
My vote is Primarina. Her beauty and battle talent make up for the popularity, I don't think many players know about her.

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
807MS.png
Zeraora was made for me?I swear Game Freak has been keeping records of my preferences in order to come up with the perfect design. <3

754MS.png
Before Zeraora was introduced, Lurantis was easily my favourite from Sun/Moon! Such a beautiful Pok?mon, and so pink! Its shiny is great as well. It's just a shame it can't take hits.

747MS.png
Corsola-eater or not, Mareanie is freaking adorable. That expression! I had one in my first playthrough and never evolved it. Its defence was still fantastic.

732MS.png
I love most bird Pok?mon, especially Trumbeak. It has a really cool design, even if its evolution is a little, um... unoriginal, haha. I still like Toucannon, though.

722MS.png
724MS.png
Who doesn't love Rowlet? It's the cutest thing I've ever seen! Dartrix is kind of weird, but Decidueye could well be my favourite fully-evolved starter.

725MS.png
726MS.png
727MS.png
Okay, I'm a huge cat person, so naturally I was thrilled to see such amazing feline starters! Seriously, my Incineroar one-shotted Ultra Necrozma. It was just so strong.

Those are my favourites, but I should give a few other deserving Pok?mon an honourable mention. They are: Komala, Drampa, Magearna, Hakamo-o and Tapu Lele.

Last edited:

Yotes

GameDev
Years
Got renewed love for Marrowak I haven't had since Gen 1.

But in terms of completely new, I'm lovin Salazzle <3 (Honorable mention: Golisopod)

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
Gen 7 made me actually consider muk as it is Alolan muk with its type combination.

If Alolan versions don't count, then it's probably vikavolt.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Litten was so incredibly cute and cat-like in the anime so it won my heart.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 17, 2019
all the new alolan versions, especially meowth and the new marowak
other than that mimikyu and i rlly like sandygast

Years
While I thought most of the new Alolan forms were home runs (Marowak and Vulpix/Ninetales being my favorites), I thought the new Pokemon were good, but not great. The exception to that would be the Rowlet family, which were my favorite Grass type starters since Hoenn. Pyukumuku, Mimikyu, and the Bounsweet line were alright too, but nothing else from the region really stood out to me, legendaries and Ultra Beasts included.

Back