• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Voice cast - Discussion

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Pokemon USA, Inc
400 Madison Ave
New York, NY, 10017

Don't send them angry letters though, that'll hurt more than help. Just tell them you don't like the new cast and that you'd probably stop watching if the original cast doesn't stick around for the new season.

Of the Pokemon, Mew's was actually the only one I liked, though that isn't saying much compared to the other voices. And is it me or did PUSA take every chance they got to glorify Misty? She was the only one that got a full battle, she was the only one that went in with Ash. This seemed more like a bad fanfic than anything.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
animeforever04 said:
i prefer this dub! this dub has the orginal music!
That's because they used two of the Japanese composers for it, and don't expect it to be like that on every episode. It was most likely like that because of it being a special, I didn't mind the old background music since a lot of it was the same as the Japanese stuff and I'd take that and the old cast any day or the new cast and all original music.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
Tbone2356 said:
And If It Werent For The Viewers Would Take It Off The Network Right Now.
So what you're saying is Pokemon would be off the air if no one watched it? You're totally right, I mean we wouldn't have the show if no one watched.
So we wouldn't be caring about the new VAs right now without a show. And last I looked shows don't stay on the air if no one watched...

Oh and guys, click below to send in an email to Pokemon (I done sent my email long ago, back when Jorfe first told me about the new VAs).
[email protected]

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Those voices could've been better. But the voices for Ash, Brock, May, Oak, & James sucked so badly that I want 4Kids to get ahold of Pokémon again (considering what they did to Yu-Gi-Oh!). Man, PUSA had better stop being so cheap if they want to keep fans.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
I'm sure that the reason why Misty was so involved in everything was because she left, and they were just trying to please all of her fans by giving her plenty of attention... I personally didn't mind, because I miss seeing her on the show, but I kind of see what you mean. XD

And ooh, I'll start working on my letter right now. I'll try to keep it nice... o_o

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Kayleigh said:
I'm sure that the reason why Misty was so involved in everything was because she left, and they were just trying to please all of her fans by giving her plenty of attention... I personally didn't mind, because I miss seeing her on the show, but I kind of see what you mean. XD

And ooh, I'll start working on my letter right now. I'll try to keep it nice... o_o
I didn't really mind it either, but it just made May and Max act so out of character. Normally they'd be the ones to rush into things and wouldn't stay put if someone told them to do so. Here they were actually acting...rationale. XD

It's always best to keep things respectful when you write to a large company like PUSA. They tend to take our opinions more seriously if they know we're capable of competent thought.

animeforever04

pokemonfan
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 23, 2009
oh! what a load of crock! man you guys whined about this! HOW About when the change the voices for the sonic games huh!? huh! i swear this real lame i don't see the sonic game actors! the is freaking stupid! ugh!

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2007
I only watched a short clip and I already hate them. Ash sounds like an older of riche from the indigo league.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
Here's what I wrote to PUSA:

Me! said:
Dear Sir or Madam:

After watching "The Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon" this morning, I feel very saddened about how the voices of the Pokemon cast have changed. Quite frankly, many of the new voices do not suit the characters at all. Ash sounds too high, May sounds too old, and Brock sounds way out of character, to name a few dislikes of mine about the new cast.

I feel I speak for English Pokemon fans around the world when I say that we've come to love the old voices--those voices were perfect for the characters, and many of us would rather be hearing those voices istead of the new ones.

I hope you'll reconsider the decision you've made, and bring back the old voices.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
animeforever04 said:
oh! what a load of crock! man you guys whined about this! HOW About when the change the voices for the sonic games huh!? huh! i swear this real lame i don't see the sonic game actors! the is freaking stupid! ugh!
Well incase you don't know. Sonic games haven't been running every week for years! You can't put Sonic games and Pokemon eps in the same boat (use your head), many VAs change from game to game.

animeforever04 said:
ugh! you used that stupid wii! pun!
Yea and I voted for it too.

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
I'm going to add my two cents on this. In my opinion, we now have two franchises to save, Pokémon and Sonic! Maybe what 4Kids should do is let go of the Sonic VA's but get back the Pokémon ones! Can you believe it?! My two favorite video game series share the same problem! We should make a single petition to help both of them! Think of what's going on:

Sonic:
Tails sounds like a girl.
Knuckles sounds like Yugi.
Vector tends to be annoying.

Pokémon:
Anything already said about the new VA's.

So does anyone see the problem befalling both of these series?!

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
animeforever04 said:
ugh whatever i'll show how to use my head the topic fails at life/10
...because things aren't going your way? Because most of the people posting in this thread are fans of the Pokemon anime and thus are complaining about a relevant topic rather than something way out of left field like the Sonic dub? If people don't like the voice cast, then they've got the right to say so. You can do the same for Sonic, but in a Sonic topic.

animeforever04

pokemonfan
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Aug 23, 2009
Nahahahahaha pathetic mortals! i love how stupid humanity is! some people bash 4kids pokemon dub some praise it man! humans are so intresrting!

Back