• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you ever see yourself growing out of pokemon?

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I don't think I'll quit completely, although I've been playing the series on and off for as long as I can remember.

Kai

Wayfarer
Years
My interest in Pok?mon will continue to be sporadic. Gen 7 is definitely a high point on the chart since I got my first two Pok?mon games from it.~

TaviTurnip

Artist and Streamer | Also a turnip
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
My interest in the series actually had kind of a reverse bell curve. Great when Red and Blue were released, heightened when Gen II came out, then a mild but continuous downward curve until around the end of Gen V and the time when Twitchplayspokemon started up... now it's been traveling ever upward since that time. It's very high now!

dannymusic

The Smiling Trombonist
Years
I've always liked pokemon, but the way that I've been interested in Pokemon has shifted. When I was growing up, I liked playing in-game, battling friends, and making a large effort to collect them all. Then from Gens III-V (especially Gen III) I became very interested in competitive pokemon, which actually teaches a lot of skills and strategy. Now, while I still play the new games and enjoy the designs, I haven't kept up with the competitive scene as much but became very involved with nerdy groups that like music, creating my own covers/renditions, working with Pokemon Reorchestrated, and so on. I know of other people who used to be heavily into the competitive scene like I was branch out into the fan fiction community too.

The neat thing about the pokemon series is that there are a lot of reasons to like pokemon - the story, the mechanics, the battles, the music, trainer customization, the world, the spinoff series like PMD and Pokemon Go, the fan fiction/art/game scene, etc. I think having something for so many types of people contributes to pokemon's broad appeal, and it's why it'll take me a long time to tire out of it.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 23, 2018
franchise? like no way, but like I don't need it.. I write pokémon all the time, I'm tired of commercial entertainment

but I know, everything about real pokémon, ask me anything, how could you grow out? you didn't know? like that they're real?
even I know them. Even I know, but like how do you date a cave painting? they always painted MEW

I search google though and it's like, 'meow' 'mrau' like ti's the same word, no, it is not, they ruin my life, it's okay though, I even know,
how to end it,
and bring
wait like cave painting? they'res, real ones, portraits, ancient ones, but how do you tell, if it was well done, you know?

pokémon forever

ask me about, one thing, that didn't make sense in pokémon and I'll explain it, go ahead

Years
Nope. I'm still very into Pokémon as a franchise even if I don't have as much time or energy to put tons of hours into the game anymore. I grew up on it and it was largely responsible for me learning English, so there'll be a place in my heart for it always. My interest peaked around gens IV-V, I want to say. Makes me kinda sad seeing some people so vocally against specific generation games, as someone who loves Pokémon as a whole and all the games a lot. aaaa ):

Merch collecting is also going to be very fun once I decide who exactly I want to collect. <3 As a merch lover, this is definitely something I see myself continuing to be into for a while to come lol. I've wanted to get back into the anime also but my schedule doesn't fit many more things atm.

Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen May 16, 2018
I think I enjoy pokemon more NOW then I did when it first came out! I think this is primarily because of challenges like nuzlocke. When I was younger I played these games, finished them and that was it. Now I really enjoy the competitive side of it, collecting shinies, and like I mentioned, challenge runs. I can't see myself not playing them in future unless we have some drastic changes that alter the franchise, like changing core mechanics.
Do people really not like Gen 7? It's one of the ones I've enjoyed the most! I would consider myself more of a casual player, more interested in collecting shinies and the like. I get that the checked were a bit much for some, what else did people not enjoy?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I'm very stubborn about my love for Pokémon—when someone questions me about still being into "childish games", it fuels my love even more!

And let's face it: Game Freak has always catered to a young audience, which didn't bother us when we were kids. Many of us look fondly upon our childhood memories of playing Pokémon, when all that mattered was the fun you had; the bright, interesting creatures; the awesome battles; the simple story that guided you along. As kids, we didn't concern ourselves with "hate trains", or games being too similar, or story-lines being weak. We were just excited to get a whole new region full of Pokémon!!

I never let go of that feeling. When a new game gets announced, I allow myself the same thrill I had as a child. You could say I still view Pokémon with a seven-year-old mindset; it's what keeps me firmly attached to the franchise. So it's unlikely I'll ever grow out of it.

Adult fans should lower their expectations. Game Freak cares about the next generation of children, not the complaints of older players, When I see kids rushing into EB Games with their huge smiles, ogling all the Pokémon merchandise and begging their parents for the latest game, it makes me happy. There's a Pokémon game out there for everyone. <3

TL;DR: I lap up every Pokémon game with childish enthusiasm. Pokémon forever!

Back