• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Labels; Everybody has them, believe it or not...

^^NICK^^ v.2.0

Mister Revolution Man
Years
AT every school, everywhere, there are labels. It's true, so get used to it. Here are the lists so far. The ones that are underlined are the categories, and the ones listed below are the sub-categories, to make thing specific.:

1. Geek
a. Band
b. GameFreak
c. Smart
d. Outcast

2. Goth
a. Deep [as in the meaningful ones; inquisitive ones]
b. Satanic
c. Outcast
d. Groupie

3. Prep
a. Popular
b. Achiever
c. Urb [as in a prep with an urban edge]
d. Jock
e. Cheerleader
f. Class-Clown
g. Groupie
h. Clubber

4. Poser
a. Geek
b. Goth
c. Prep
d. Punk
e. Urb

5. Punk
a. Skater
b. Snowboarder
c. Surfer
d. Band
e. Groupie

6. Urb/an
a. Popular
b. Thug
c. Suburbian [urban kids who have some tendencies of kids from the suburbs; aren't as Urban]
d. Jock
e. Cheerleader
f. Class-Clown
g. Groupie
h. Clubber

7. Burnout
1. Pot-Head [any drug, doesn't have to be pot]
2. Alcoholic
3. Bully
4. Mentally-Screwed [plain weird]

What are you? I am suburbian, or 6.c. I am more urban, but since i wasn't in the city all of my life, I am not as rough or urban as the rest of the urban kids.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
u,mmm...urban>? but realy urban as in i live in a bad situation and money is hard to cme by...that type...

^^NICK^^ v.2.0

Mister Revolution Man
Years
Here are descriptions of the category meanings:

Geek: Someone who is smart, and knows it. He/she is usually smarter than you. A geek will sit at the computer for hours on end, but somehow, only half of this time is spent communicating with other people. The other half of the time is spent either learning a new language, perfecting it, or programming amazing things with it, or playing games at a LAN party. Geeks often are made fun of, and sometimes confused with nerd and dork. Geeks are not always computer savvy though. They spend a lot of time reading science fiction and non-fiction.

Goth: 1) a person who likes to dress and act differently to the other people in society, normally in black but some like much brighter colours. They tend to be thinkers and more often than not quite creative. They have a satyrical sense of humour, and are able to laugh at both themselves and other people. This type of goth originated in the late 80's with the "death" of punk; goths back then liked the style and the "protection" it offered and so emulated it in their own style. They listen to and appreciate all sorts of good music. They can be gay/depressed/weird/mentally disturbed, but more often than not they are just normal people.

2) an offshoot of the nu-metal clique who think that to *really* **** off their parents they'll dress all in black and talk about death and suicide whilst listening to Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park and Slipknot because it's "cool". They tend to have very little idea of the other type of goths (or anything else other than themselves for that matter) and will probably change their fashion once it becomes "uncool" again. Thank god.

Prep: One who wears clothes from Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, Hollister. "Preps" often have a strong sense of school spirit and lots of friends. Opposite of losers and Goths.

Poser: A person who attempts to blend into a specific social group.

Punk: An attitude, a way of life, emphasizing on individuality and equality. It ain't about Mohawks and wearing f****** spikes, its about being yourself and not some second-rate version of someone else. Its about living up to the ideals of the punk attitude.

Urban: Ghetto dweller; A homes from da hood.

John Denver

Banned
Years
I too believe that everyone can be labled...but you forgot class clown...meh!

yeah...so...yeah! BOO ya!

I'd be in the "Preppies like me cause I'm funny in class but others hate me cause I get on their nerves," category...ya know...

oh, and gamefreak

BOO ya!

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
urban/goth then that's odd i wear a lot od dark colors...mainly darks blues and i dont talk a lot so um ya...

^^NICK^^ v.2.0

Mister Revolution Man
Years
Dakota said:
I too believe that everyone can be labled...but you forgot class clown...meh!

yeah...so...yeah! BOO ya!

I'd be in the "Preppies like me cause I'm funny in class but others hate me cause I get on their nerves," category...ya know...

oh, and gamefreak

BOO ya!

Thanks Dakoteez, I forgot about classclown! So, if people think of a sub-category I like, I will add it. Okay?

FUn-Fact: It's rumored that Preps and Goths are total opposites [true] and despise each other.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
I'm a bit of 1b, 1c, and 1d all in one...I don't mind that I'm a geek...people respect me for it, which is nice, considering that was the same exact reason they hated me in grade school...I'm a bit of a gamer, too, and people know it since half of my wardrobe consists of nintendo shirts from Hot Topic...and I label myself an outcast simply because the people I want to be my friends more than anyone give me the cold shoulder...they're all hardcore 1c-s...

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I'm not a geek thats the one thing i know i am...still i cant belive i'm urban...oh well

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Um... I guess I would be 1c - The smart geek. *sweatdrops* o.o; That just sounds so negative, though. <_<;;

^^NICK^^ v.2.0

Mister Revolution Man
Years
Look at it this way-

Nerd-
A word originally coined by Dr Seuss (king nerd himself), meaning someone who is smart. It is now usually used to desribe someone with more knowledge about computers than the average schmuck. Note, there IS a difference between a geek and a nerd. Geek's wish they were as good as nerd's, but at the end of they day, they are just second rate try-hard Nerds.

At least you're not a nerd!

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Umm... I honestly don't know. I don't believe that I fit into any of those categories. I used to do some cheerleading, and I had a lot of friends when I went to school, so... er... Prep? I don't know. ^_^; But I don't think that I ever got on anyone's nerves. I don't have a really ditzy personality. I'm clumsy, but not ditzy. And I don't talk like a valley girl, lol.

I'm homeschooled now, so no other kids really have a 'label' for me. And when I did go to school, everyone in my grade was really too young to have cliques and labels like they do when they're older. Almost all of us just got along.

John Denver

Banned
Years
3.f for me...yay!

I've learned something throughout my years in highschool...this is the real secret to popularity so listen up...

The more extra curricular activites you are in...the more noticed and popular you will be...join lots of sports at a young age!

I joined sports in my junior year, so I wasn't in them very much. I would give anything to go back to seventh grade...trust me kids! Join a sport or SOMETHING! It helps!

BOO ya!

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
Eh, well then, by the descriptions that you have, I am definetely a prep, and I'm proud to say it. I do wear clother from American Eagle, though I haven't been to Abercrombie & Fitch in a while, so I don't have any of their clothes. Lol, I do have a lot of school spirit, as in, I hate it when we lose in sports and stuff, and I have tons of friends, when I say tons, I mean a whole lot of friends. But these friends are good friends, not casual acquaintances, really good friends.

No, I'm not one of those stuck up snobby kids, because I treat everyone good, and I don't make fun of other people because they are different and stuff. Though, I do get kind of peeved at posers who aren't preps and they always come up to us an they act like they are preps. Come on man, just be yourself.

Also, even though I am a prep, I'm one of the smartest people in my grade. It's 8th grade by the way, but I take as many hard classes as I possibly can, as do all of my friends, so yea. I make straight A's, and since algebra is the hardest math I can take at my school, I make alot of good grades on it, lol, I made at 100 on a test in Algebra yesterday.

So, I guess if I went into the category preps and chose what I am, I would be a, b, and d. I am popular at my school, seeing as I have a lot of friends in my school, and I'm always making friends, and I hang out a lot with all of the other preps. I'm also a high achiever, I make straight A's and whatnot. Lol, all of us at my school take advanced classes, so yea. I'm also kind of a jock, I play sports, and there's no day when I wouldn't want to be out in the sun playing sports.

~DragonTrainer
:dragonite

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
1B GameFreak is me. This means like video games right? Cause I'm not into D&D. I could be C though. I am smart, I just care about video games more.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
Dizzy said:
Im Preppy-Popular. People always be dissing Preps that gets on my nerves... -_- We're really nice.

Then you're an exception...I've known nice preps, but I know that the large portion of them are cruel and arrogant (not to say that you are, let me reiterate that I said you were the exception) The thing is, a lot of the ones around here look down on anyone who isn't them or another prep...they hate people for the way they look, act, etc. which infuriates the majority of non-preps at school, including me. People know I don't like the way many preps act, and I suppose I'm the king of the anti-preps at school in a way o_O I get along with many of the cool kids though, so it's not like I'm at war with them...

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
Heh, blue, you know, the post you made regarding you hating preps, and when you were quoting Dizzy, don't do that again. One, we respect people here, no matter who they are, and two, that hurts a lot of people's feelings, including my own.

I'm a prep, big deal, but I'm not mean to anybody, I'm always nice to everybody in fact, so are all the rest of my friends. People are just so stereotypical nowadays, most of the people here think just because you're a prep it means you're mean, cruel, etc. Well, if you got to know us, we're not

~DragonTrainer
:dragonite

Back