• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Rebalanced (Demo, 5 Badges & Pokemon Tower)

Which city should the SS Anne head to after you beat Surge?

• Olivine City

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Mossdeep City

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Snowpoint City

• Driftveil City

• Total voters

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
It seems fine, though I wish we had a document that tells us all the moveset changes available in each version. And no emphasis on hidden power? That's not a good idea since unless you take steps to include plenty of move options for pokemon to cover certain points (for example to date the only offensive moves a venusaur has are a large multitude of both physical and special grass moves and only two special-based poison moves which even on a support pokemon such limited offensive attacks is never very good) can ultimately be self-defeating. There needs to be some moves to help cover for the need for hidden power since you want to evade the issue of hidden power, though I'm sure you're working on that already.

Its also a problem to not to work breeding to some extent for examples like Pichu can notmally only be obtained via breeding. I noticed its still wild Pikachu in Viridian Forest, and if you really wish to minimize breeding I would recommend making Pichu found there instead of Pikachu. Pichu are weaker so a wild, level 8 Pichu wont totally destroy someone's team before they have a chance to catch one.

Still a bit annoyed about not having Synchronize usable sooner since I've been trying for three hours to get a jolly mankey and not even one's shown up and I have work at 5:30, and it is 3:10 as I type this. I wish there was some more convenience with regards to natures.

Pokemon are supposed to have blind spots. Some have smaller ones and that will be addressed. Venu has an entirely Special moveset.

Moves=1,TACKLE,1,GROWL,3,LEECHSEED,7,SHIMMERGRASS,11,POISONPOWDER,15,OFFER,19,MEGADRAIN,23,SLUDGE,27,CUTELOOK,31,GRASSPLEDGE,35,GROWTH,35,GIGADRAIN,39,SLUDGEBOMB,43,SYNTHESIS,47,PETALSTORM,51,VENOBURN,55,REST,55,SLEEPTALK,63,FRENZYPLANT

You can breed still, but I'm not going to force you too. So you can get babies. This is not a all pokemon in one game however.

http://a.uguu.se/jjzvlp_PutinData.rar

Natu in Route 1 instead of Murkrow. replace encounters.dat in \Data with that.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I don't mean completely changing Venusaur into a sweeper from a support/tank. Sure all pokemon need a blind spot, but there's a difference between blindspot and being completely useless. I mean even with ideal moves and such there've been those times where no amount of preparation for a particular moment in a pokemon game where the game AI gets unbelievably cheap and manages to survive a X4 weakness to a move on a pokemon explicitly taught to combat them (Like HP Fire to Ferrothorn by an Amoongus, who then gets one-shot despite neither side having an explicit advantage). Earth power seems like an excellent move for a Venusaur to have access to in this gae as it helps balance out some issues it has while not being able to fight off all comers at the same time. It helps on steels but it wont hit Skarmory for obvious reasons and can be sponged by scizor and forretress, and evaded entirely by those with levitate. Plus it has Earthquake as a physical move in the actual games, I figured it'd be worth mentioning since I usually have only Leech Seed as a support move for Venusaur and most prefer Sleep Powder. Since this game removes sleep powder for shimmer grass, leech seed becomes the more useful move for me personally. Just a thought though, I'm ok with what I see I just need to look over what works.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I don't mean completely changing Venusaur into a sweeper from a support/tank. Sure all pokemon need a blind spot, but there's a difference between blindspot and being completely useless. I mean even with ideal moves and such there've been those times where no amount of preparation for a particular moment in a pokemon game where the game AI gets unbelievably cheap and manages to survive a X4 weakness to a move on a pokemon explicitly taught to combat them (Like HP Fire to Ferrothorn by an Amoongus, who then gets one-shot despite neither side having an explicit advantage). Earth power seems like an excellent move for a Venusaur to have access to in this gae as it helps balance out some issues it has while not being able to fight off all comers at the same time. It helps on steels but it wont hit Skarmory for obvious reasons and can be sponged by scizor and forretress, and evaded entirely by those with levitate. Plus it has Earthquake as a physical move in the actual games, I figured it'd be worth mentioning since I usually have only Leech Seed as a support move for Venusaur and most prefer Sleep Powder. Since this game removes sleep powder for shimmer grass, leech seed becomes the more useful move for me personally. Just a thought though, I'm ok with what I see I just need to look over what works.

Earth Power is definitely going to be slotted in over Giga Drain next balance pass. Giga Drain will be via TM.

I've starting Balance Pass 2, which will mean more fine tuned movesets, but I need to finish setting up moves first.

Thank you for your feedback! {:3} Did you get a Natu?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I'm glad I made a helpful suggestion.

As for Natu for some reason the data file you sent isn't working. It's eliminated all route 1 encounters instead. Pokémon show on other routes still as they should but when I put the file in I didn't replace the original one, and no pokemon appeared at all. Thinking there was a conflict I deleted the original and kept the new one, and still nothing's happening.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I'm glad I made a helpful suggestion.

As for Natu for some reason the data file you sent isn't working. It's eliminated all route 1 encounters instead. Pokémon show on other routes still as they should but when I put the file in I didn't replace the original one, and no pokemon appeared at all. Thinking there was a conflict I deleted the original and kept the new one, and still nothing's happening.

http://a.pomf.se/gkvnjq.rar

Nighttime only encounter. I've seen one.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Well my problem was that absolutely no pokemon are appearing after adding that file. I added in the other files you sent over a moment ago but still absolutely no pokemon. This is weird as Route 1 is where I got my pidgey the other day but adding those files are not letting any pokemon appear on route 1 anymore....

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
I've updated Demo 1-2 a few times. Save off route 1, download it, and try again.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
the save will transfer. Just save off Route 1, in your house, then try again.

Me encountering something.

NGNgwHO.png

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Ok got it working I can't believe I didn't even bother to update the game to the next demo...I can hardly believe that was my issue as opposed to my own incompetence.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Ok got it working I can't believe I didn't even bother to update the game to the next demo...I can hardly believe that was my issue as opposed to my own incompetence.

Happens every now and then,

Just enjoy until the next bug haha.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
lol I gotcha. I actually got some good stuff already even though I didn't get the jolly natu I need for Mankey just yet. I got a timid Natu with synchronize which will help with a number of other pokemon (plus this will be ideal in general since special attacks are xatu's forte) and I even got a Shiny hoothoot. the hoothoot is adamant which is a slight paradox but it has a better physical movepool in the main games, so assuming Noctowl has a better attack stat in this game this can be a great thing in the long run.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Notc is a bulky special mon.

natu is powerful special mon.

Fearow is bulky attack mon.

Pidgeot is fast mixed tank.

Dodrio is fast attack sweeper.

Pidove is powerful attacker.

Staraptor is fast attack sweeper.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
...crap...looks like this poor hoothoot will have to be delegated to the PC for eternity.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Ok this is weird. I was about to buy some more pokeballs from the viridian pokemon center and the guy at the counter still asks if I gave prof. oak the Oak's Parcel, even though I already have the pokedex resulting from that event.

Wootius

Glah
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2022
Ok this is weird. I was about to buy some more pokeballs from the viridian pokemon center and the guy at the counter still asks if I gave prof. oak the Oak's Parcel, even though I already have the pokedex resulting from that event.

If the ledge path is three wide on Route one that's why. The very latest Demo 1-2.rar should have a 1 wide path ledge opening in Route 1.

Upload your save to pomf.se and post it if you want me to save it.

Back