The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Old March 17th, 2013 (11:41 AM).

Nature: Hasty
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
    I personally would love to see Sylveon a Ghost Pokémon (I like Ghost Pokémon :3) or a Normal Pokémon with some epic morphing-related ability. :]
    In either case, I will most likely never use Sylveon competitively unless it is dual-typed... but again, it all depends on its stats and abilities, ugh... when will these retarded GF tell us what we can't wait to know?!!!
    We already have a date for them to tell us Sylveon's type. Everyone seriously needs to calm down about that. (not just here everywhere) If we get it before the designated date that's good, but really, no one should expect it before July. You have to wait. They aren't going to tell us and complaining about it will only piss you off more the longer the wait is.
    Old March 17th, 2013 (12:03 PM).
    Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
      ^July? Aww! I thought while reading the OP that more infos about Sylveon will be released this month...
      Don't worry dude, my complaint wasn't really a complaint but rather a question you just answered to me, thank you! ;)
      Old March 17th, 2013 (12:26 PM).
      ► My Happy Little Pill 

Nature: Lax
      The only thing we were expecting this month was stuff from Corocoro, but since all the information from that has already be divulged we aren't going to get anything about Sylveon's typing until that July date they set for us.
      Old March 17th, 2013 (12:33 PM).
      10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
        According to Bulbapedia the movie's coming out on the 13th of July while the August issue will come out July 15th if I recall correctly, so if they do save it's typing until than we will get it two days before the issue...
        Old March 17th, 2013 (12:46 PM).
        Eye of the Storm

I'd hope they do it a month sooner, but I guess they don't want people making movie predictions.

I wonder if the movie will get international release...

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
          Breeder extraordinaire. Semi-competent battler. :P

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old March 17th, 2013 (12:59 PM).
          Professor Of Fail

Nature: Quirky
            The movie probably will get a release. That seems inevitable. Probably will get a Sylveon Distribution Event with it too in select store 100 miles away from our homes.
            Also, we're finding out the type in July? Aw, that's so long...Why not give us small snippets more often...
            Old March 18th, 2013 (2:36 AM).
            used Sacred Fire!

Nature: Bold
            I don't think they'll hold off on the typing until then. I thiiink it might be sooner than around July because they made it the first Pokemon revealed for a reason, and with more movie information coming, no doubt Sylveon stuff will come.

so it's gonna be forever ... or it's gonna go down in flames
            Spinoffs and Clubhouse Moderator

... make your dreams come true :heart:

Two Time Get Together Winner - Lele & Gloria!

Old March 18th, 2013 (5:11 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
              I have made up my theory about Sylveon:
              Sylveon's type is Normal, many people don't want to see it, but it has something unique...
              It has an ability similair to Keckleon's Color Change. The function of this signature ability is to
              transform Sylveon into the other Eeveelution types.

I still don't know how it would change into an other type, perhaps by a move or item? Or just; if hit by Ice type, it would transform into the Ice type? Or will it become Normal/Ice, Normal/Dark, Normal Electric etc. etc.

ayou know what would be really cool? If Sylveon is able to transform into the other Eeveelutions.
              Maybe Sylveon could be a normal-type, but have the ability Silhouette. This ability allows the user to transform into any type that the opponent is weak against. (If the enemy is water-type, then Sylveon will randomly transform into either electric or grass), it keeps the same moves though, and will receive STAB bonuses for the type it changes into.

Seems a little Farfetch'd (lame pun for the win), but ideas never hurt anybody.

Gen 6.
              Old March 18th, 2013 (5:39 AM).
              Emulation Noob

Quote:
                Originally Posted by legendhunter14 View Post
                I have made up my theory about Sylveon:
                Sylveon's type is Normal, many people don't want to see it, but it has something unique...
                It has an ability similair to Keckleon's Color Change. The function of this signature ability is to
                transform Sylveon into the other Eeveelution types.

I still don't know how it would change into an other type, perhaps by a move or item? Or just; if hit by Ice type, it would transform into the Ice type? Or will it become Normal/Ice, Normal/Dark, Normal Electric etc. etc.

ayou know what would be really cool? If Sylveon is able to transform into the other Eeveelutions.
                I think this could be a really good idea that could be implemented into a future game even if it's not in this series.
                No kidding, I'm already having dreams about how cool this could be if when it changed types, they used a code similar to Cherrim's.
                I.e. Design an eeveelution for every type that doesn't already have one and program them into Sylveon so when he/she get's hit with a move he/she transforms into that types eeveelution.
                Sylveon would be a godlike Eevee, sorta like the Arceus of Eevees

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
                Old March 18th, 2013 (8:05 AM).
                Eye of the Storm

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Archeops12354 View Post
                  Seems a little Farfetch'd (lame pun for the win), but ideas never hurt anybody.
                  You win one Internet. (I used it first somewhere.)

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PokeLordAndrew View Post
                  Sylveon would be a godlike Eevee, sorta like the Arceus of Eevees
                  So that's the new type, "God". :P

Closest to that is Dragon. I think. But Arceus is Normal-type, so...

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 2079-8536-2160. Safari on X (5327-1949-9511): Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!

Building an event collection. If you want to help my sickness, ask what I have to trade!

Old March 18th, 2013 (2:17 PM).

I'm guessing it's a Ghost-type, because of the ribbons, and as for the name, I think it comes from "TranSYLVania." It's a long shot, but that's my two cents.
                    Old March 18th, 2013 (3:03 PM).
                    Eye of the Storm

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by VillainFan42 View Post
                      I'm guessing it's a Ghost-type, because of the ribbons, and as for the name, I think it comes from "TranSYLVania." It's a long shot, but that's my two cents.
                      I used the eyes as my basis, and combined it with other analysis about being the lightest.

And Ghosts fly, so yeah.

Cyclone

Old March 18th, 2013 (3:32 PM).
                      ► My Happy Little Pill 

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
                      Except I don't think there's a clip anywhere (or any evidence for that matter, unless I'm missing something?) that can suggest that Sylveon can even fly? The ribbons are a hint, but that's still speculation that it even could, nonetheless. :x
                      Just to add on, there definitely isn't a clip showing that Sylveon can fly. At this point the speculation has kind of hit a wall since we've had no new information, and pretty much all the theories are already out there.
                      Old March 18th, 2013 (8:52 PM).
                      Eye of the Storm

When I say "fly", I mean more like levitation, not actual flying. Though I am sure most ghosts fly in some way to get where they're going. It could be ghostly-type flying with the ribbons, but I can't see it soaring through the sky as a bird with wings.

Cyclone

Old March 18th, 2013 (10:45 PM).

Nature: Hasty
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
                          I'd hope they do it a month sooner, but I guess they don't want people making movie predictions.

I wonder if the movie will get international release...

Cyclone
                          No. Its Japan only right now. It'll get its international release later, like 3 or 4 months later I think is the usual period between.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by ProfessorBeeching View Post
                          The movie probably will get a release. That seems inevitable. Probably will get a Sylveon Distribution Event with it too in select store 100 miles away from our homes.
                          Also, we're finding out the type in July? Aw, that's so long...Why not give us small snippets more often...
                          Movie wise, its a normal movie release. The Main movie is Gen 5 not 6. It'll air in Japan, we'll get a Cartoon Network airing 3 months ish afterwards, then it'll hit international DVD like they always do. The Movie has been advertised in Japan for a while and no advertisement has been made internationally so its basically a normal routine for the movie.

As for news, Pokemon already gives more than we should be getting from any gaming company. Don't expect any relevant or big news for the next few months. If we get something it's most likely not going to be what we've been waiting for.

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by Forever View Post
                          I don't think they'll hold off on the typing until then. I thiiink it might be sooner than around July because they made it the first Pokemon revealed for a reason, and with more movie information coming, no doubt Sylveon stuff will come.
                          Sylveon's release reason was for the Japanese Movie Short. No other reason. That said, they really have no reason to show the type until the movie simply because Sylveon is only to promote that....and its the 6th Pokemon released XD

So they'll probably hold off until the movie, for possible spoiler reasons, and because it doesn't really have anything to do with international info. If we weren't getting Sylveon in the movie coming to Japan only (another possible reason since Sylveon's Movie isn't international, its japan only), we probably would have gotten its type already.

We'll probably get Xerneas and Yveltal's types before Sylveon's.
                          Old March 18th, 2013 (11:40 PM).
                          The one true question mark

Nature: Impish
                            Though It really looks like that this eeveelution is a flying type I chose Normal type!
                            Old March 18th, 2013 (11:42 PM).
                            Emulation Noob

Most likely is ghost, not only because of the ribbons but Sylveon creep me out

Elemental Dissonance is arriving soon to a fan-fic board near you!
                              Old March 24th, 2013 (10:55 AM).
                              The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
                                If it would turn out to be Ghost type, everbody would be astound! It eill be a major twist in the Ghodt type section. But to see a Pokémon that changes the look of a type is really good thought by GF.
                                Old March 24th, 2013 (11:07 AM).
                                It's too cold for you here.

Just throwing this out there. If it is indeed a Ghost type, maybe it changes forms at night. Maybe to a more Ghost-ish looking appearance. I know that's reaching but I don't know. But to do with forms, I think the male/female counterparts theory like mentioned is more believable. I'm still rooting for Flying type.
                                  Old March 24th, 2013 (11:25 AM).
                                  OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline

I wouldn't mind if it were Ghost, it'll be good to see another Ghost type that isn't mostly grey, purple, or black.
                                    Also if it's Ghost I imagine it's ability may be something hp related, or perhaps it'll be a ups Ghost moves in a Pinch kind of ability, that or simply levitate...
                                    Old March 25th, 2013 (11:24 AM).

If it had another forme (I've noticed the starters have been the only new Pokémon where formes haven't been talked about as of late) I imagine it to look like a white or lightblue version of pink Sylveon. I doubt it'll have another forme but one never knows.
                                      Old March 25th, 2013 (7:02 PM).
                                      Eye of the Storm

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire View Post
                                        If it had another forme (I've noticed the starters have been the only new Pokémon where formes haven't been talked about as of late) I imagine it to look like a white or lightblue version of pink Sylveon. I doubt it'll have another forme but one never knows.
                                        As a betting ma-...storm system, I say it won't have another Forme. This is an Eeveelution; unless it's itself legendary (who knows?), I can't see it happening.

Cyclone

Old March 25th, 2013 (7:11 PM).
                                        ► My Happy Little Pill 

I really don't see an Eeveelution getting a form change. I mean, it already now has eight evolutions, does it actually need any sort of form to change it even further?
                                        Old March 26th, 2013 (3:18 AM).
                                        used Sacred Fire!

A form change to be more Ghostly at night would be awesome. It could be a curse laid upon it :3

so it's gonna be forever ... or it's gonna go down in flames
                                        Spinoffs and Clubhouse Moderator

... make your dreams come true :heart:

Two Time Get Together Winner - Lele & Gloria!

Old March 26th, 2013 (5:41 PM).

Not unless Sylveon is the all the other types in one do I see it getting formes.

I hope GF and Nintendo will at least drop some hints even if they will wait it out until the short comes out to reveal it's typing, though I doubt they'll keep it a secret until July...

Quick Reply