• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other OPEN] Trials of Olympus

Years
Trials of Olympus

For years the gods of Olympus have ruled over the earth, skies, and water. But it wasn't always like this. Way back before the reign of the gods, there were the titans, and before them, the primal gods. At the start, there was chaos, and from her came the earth and the sky. From them, the primal gods, and from them, the titans.

Each time a new generation was born, they overthrew the previous rulers and assumed control. But gods and titans are immortal, and it's only a mater of time before they attempt to regain control. Today, in the year of 1978, Erobus, the primal god of darkness, has done just that. With the power of darkness at his disposal, he has attempted to free massive numbers of monsters from Tartarus, in order to slaughter the demigods and then rage war on Olympus.

Our characters will meet in Three Fates School for Troubled Youth, where they will learn of their godly heritage. While many of the students at Three Fates are enrolled because of their troubled past, most of them are just demigods that were sent there for their protection from monsters.

Rules:

1: Follow the general RP rules.
2: This is rated [T] so make sure your posts adhere to that
3: If you have any issues talk to me and I'll try to resolve them as quickly as possible
4: Try to stay active in the roleplay, and if you don't think you're going to continue, let me know. It's easier to know whether I can open up new slots when people tell me whether they're still interested or not.
5: Be respectful to other players and have fun!

Sign-up:

Name: (full name and nickname if you want)
Appearance: (their physical features)
Attire: (their clothing)
Personality: (how they think/act)
Godly Parent: (choose from any Greek god or goddess)
History: (what has their life been up until now?)
Abilities: (see below; you don't have to completely adhere to the wiki's powers)
Additional information: (anything else about your character)
Roleplay Sample: (link to a previous post, or a short written bit of your character)

Also see here:
http://riordan.wikia.com/wiki/Demigod_Abilities
For a description of the different abilities that different demigods have.

Map of Camp Half-blood:

map.png

Locations:

The Cabins-

A circle of cabins, each one dedicated to a specific god or godess. The children of the god or godess that the cabin is dedicated to will live inside the cabin for their entire stay at camp. Demigods that haven't been claimed by their parent will stay in the Hermes cabin until claimed. (All characters will start out unclaimed, and being claimed will be done in the roleplay)

The Big House-

Contrary to the name, this is not a jail. It is in fact the meeting place of the leaders of camp, as well as a place where quests are planned. Inside the attic the house holds an even more unique secret, as it is home to the Oracle of Delphi who gives prophecies to potential quest candidates.

The Climbing Wall-

Just what you'd think. It's a large wall with climbing holds that helps demigods train. Oh, and it also spews lava if you take too long. But that was pretty obvious, right?

Camp Borders-

The magical barrier that keeps out mortals, monsters, and bad weather. Any of those three things can enter through the barrier with permission from someone inside.

Dining Pavilion-

Basically the mess hall, but fancier and outside. The pavilion has a table for each cabin. Campers are forbidden from sitting at a table that is not their cabin's table.

The Stables-

It's where the horses and pegasi are kept. That's pretty much it.

The Armory-

Where everyone except the Hephaestus cabin gets their weapons.

The Forge-

The Hephaestus cabin makes their own weapons and gadgets here.

The Woods-

Monsters are kept stocked in the woods for practice hunting, and the local dryads help keep the forest growing and healthy. Every Friday the campers host a game of capture the flag, which isn't as innocent as it sounds. They play with actual weapons and aim to incapacitate their enemies and literally capture the enemies flag and bring it back into friendly territory.

Roleplayers:
wdjZgax.png

Godzil as Barbara "Ash" Ashford;
Daughter of Hephaestus, God of the Forge​
9yfaqJN.png

Oddball_ as Sirus Osborne;
Son of Hades, lord of death and the underworld
7kmOCpE.png

Merlin as Michael Wayne;
Son of Phobetor, God of Nightmares​
1gdG1Ia.png

Elektra Heart as Analise and Isobelle (Anabelle) Quinn;
Daughters of Adrestia, goddess of revolt and sublime balance between good and evil.
PZDC9Hq.png

CatmanDaTrainer as Archelaus "Archy" Courson;
Son of Hecate, goddess of the Mist and Magic.​
hu0Us3h.png

Deceptio as Arashi Orimasu;
Daughter of Ares, god of War
Z1ZfeKo.png

Fennekin210 as Cassidy "Cass" Hawthorne
Son of Aphrodite, Goddess of Love​
zDYRZWi.png

Ewery1 as Lucas Samson
Son of Hemera, the primordial goddess of the day
Z3q5WVQ.png

ImMrRoboto as Amelia Ornstein
Daughter of Boreas, The North Wind​
CPPgmBa.png

Infernal Desires as Wesley "Wes" Keys
Son of Dionysus, God of Wine, Theater, Vegetation, and Madness
qf4Nkoo.png

Estrello as Callum Whitestone
Son of Hypnos, God Of Sleep​

ShaymieTheShaymin as Cornelia "Nellie" Marx
Daughter of Demeter, goddess of agriculture and fertility

Songbird as Tanith Cross
Daughter of Hekate, and Magus Extraordinaire​

Sephear as Eamon Kane Brown
Son of Tyche, Goddess of good fortune, chance, and providence

Last edited:

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
Well shit, how can I say no to a Percy Jackson based RP? sprints off to produce an SU Am I able to reserve a spot here?

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
YO, FEN, I'M JOININ' YOU

I wouldn't want to reserve a place BUT I'M JOININ' YOU

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Ah, wait, Merlin. While you're hear, I'd like to ask the difference between the Three Fates School mentioned in the intro and Camp Halfblood, which you go into more detail about afterward.​

Years
Oh I completely missed you my only a few minutes, I'm sorry. Three Fates is a "normal" mortal school, for before the demigods know of their parents. At the school they'll learn of their parents and then move to camp half blood.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Oh I completely missed you my only a few minutes, I'm sorry. Three Fates is a "normal" mortal school, for before the demigods know of their parents. At the school they'll learn of their parents and then move to camp half blood.
No prob. And I understand now, thank you.

One more question: Could I clarify some of my character's abilities as a demi-god beforehand in my app? Or would you prefer I leave that to the actual roleplay?​

Years
No prob. And I understand now, thank you.

One more question: Could I clarify some of my character's abilities as a demi-god beforehand in my app? Or would you prefer I leave that to the actual roleplay?​

Absolutely! In fact, I think I'll edit that into the SU. It might be best if I can know what people plan before they do it. I had meant to have that as a part of the SU form but writing up the SU form at midnight made me miss a couple things.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Absolutely! In fact, I think I'll edit that into the SU. It might be best if I can know what people plan before they do it. I had meant to have that as a part of the SU form but writing up the SU form at midnight made me miss a couple things.
Yeah, yeah, yeah! I'll make sure to include that then. I didn't know if you wanted to wait and see what powers developed overtime at the camp or otherwise.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
I see. 1978, huh? Boy, makes it much harder for my char to be bi, huh? I heard that you mentioned that this is a "mortal" school. Where is it located and are there any other circumstances would you be in there, besides being a "problem child"? And iirc, being a "problem child" probably doesn't mean an actual criminal if you're a demigod.

Years
I see. 1978, huh? Boy, makes it much harder for my char to be bi, huh? I heard that you mentioned that this is a "mortal" school. Where is it located and are there any other circumstances would you be in there, besides being a "problem child"? And iirc, being a "problem child" probably doesn't mean an actual criminal if you're a demigod.

Actually the 1970's was the time where many of the civil rights movements started, plus the Greek gods were also not exclusively known for doing things with members of the opposite gender, if you know what I mean. ;) So still harder, until you get to camp.

The school is in New York State, somewhere down close to NYC but far enough away that it's not in the city.

Basically if your character isn't "bad" per say, they still would've gotten into trouble on accident with monster attacks and such, even though they wouldn't have known that's what it was. And most likely their parent/guardian would have gotten them into Three Fates fully knowing the school was designed to protect Demigods.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
Huh. Ok then, I knew it definitely was a thing in Greek mythology for same sex relations. Alright then, gotta update my pop culture references of 1978 (basically, that means asking my dad about what his senior year in high school was like :P). And my technology. Welcome to an era of disco, pay phones, landlines (those won't have much use since they put demigods at risk from what I remember about cell phones in this universe, right? Or were landlines the exception?) and gaudy fashion (which may or may not be applicable since my char is a son of Aphrodite).

Years
My application: finished until further notice. Please let me know if anything comes across as a little "off" to you.
Spoiler:

Hmmm, from what I've seen Ganymede is merely a mortal that serves as cup bearer to Zeus, however since he is immortal and happens to work for Zeus I think it should be fine. Not to mention there's probably a version of Greek myth out there that calls him a god anyway. Greek mythology happens to be the most inconsistent collection of stories I've ever seen XD

To get right to the point: You're accepted!

I do think that his abilities may be a little under-powered though, if you want to make them more powerful down the road you have my permission. Definitely not because I was designing an NPC to be the son of Eros (greek cupid) that could force people to fall in love or cause them to hate each other with a single arrow After seeing your character though he's a lot better than the NPC that I spent 5 mins on, so I'll be scrapping him. I have plenty more ideas that can replace him though. :)

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
Years
Wow this looks super interesting and I want to participate, but I don't know if I should, how many people will you be accepting?

Years
Wow this looks super interesting and I want to participate, but I don't know if I should, how many people will you be accepting?

Well, I have been thinking about it and I'm not sure of an exact number. But maybe somewhere around 15 max? I don't think we'll get anywhere near there though. Although I don't know if I have the heart to turn people away so I might allow more.

Fen-Fen

Me but more fabulous
Years
So, I see Disclosed has been accepted. Sweet. So, even though Henry has amokineseis, is it out of the question for a son of Aphrodite to have that plus charmspeak? Also, I didn't see any others on there, but do you have any ideas on what kinda other abilities a child of Aphrodite might have?

Back