• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Year in Bullet Points

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Well if you haven't already noticed, 2018 is almost over. :O If you love your dose of nostalgia like I do, it's fun to reminisce about what moments defined your year.

What was your year in bullet points? Mine...

• Started off slow at work with 3-month break
  • Stevegate :O
  • Stepped down from Discord :(
  • Got my first promotion where I work and my responsibilities like quadrupled lol. That was very stressful but I got through it, and with good reviews! :)
  • Went to NYC for the first time to watch the OWL Season 1 Grand Finals. Amazing
  • Road trip to Montreal with some friends. Actual 11/10
  • Secured another contract I wanted, which is great. :)
  • Came back to Discord because who am i kidding i love it there

That's pretty much it! Pretty good year overall.

Last edited:
Years
oof
  • from January to March, I rehearsed and then performed in the first play for a new theatre company I'm involved with. This was my costume.
  • During this time I also started running a facebook page for aforementioned company.
  • On Feb 22nd, my boyfriend and I celebrated being together for 3 years.
  • In Late Feb, I began planning the next production for aforementioned production company.
  • In March, post Stevegate, I came back to PC. [mainly discord]
  • In April I held auditions for my first show to direct, Steel Magnolias.
  • April 16th - I rejoined PC Staff on the Social Media Team.
  • In May, we began rehearsals for Steel Magnolias [3 Times a week, oof]
  • I also dyed my hair pink in may!
  • In late May, my boyfriend and I began the long arduous process of redoing the house we live in right now. Tryna decide on paint colors. BTW this mf had fleas.
  • On June 22nd, we saw Kesha in concert. It was pretty great.
  • Saw Laila McQueen at some point in late June.
  • On July 9th, I joined the PC Discord Staff team
  • Steel Magnolias opened on July 20th, and closed on July 28th. Our smallest audience was 60 people, and our largest audience was 115. It was pretty successful. Here's the back wall.
  • On July 22nd I celebrated being with my company for 5 years.
  • I became the team leader for PC's FB team on August 1st.
  • In mid August, my boyfriend and I went to the beach with a group of friends for a week. It was fun.
  • I got modded in OT on August 27th.
  • We moved into our house on September 1st.
  • Saw Aja perform in September.
  • I got glasses in October
  • Went to a birthday party for a dog in Mid October.
  • November was p uneventful for the most part.
  • At the beginning of December, I filled in for the lead part in a production of It's a Wonderful Life.
  • I also have been getting ready for auditions for my next play to direct in January.
  • I got bumped to Discord Admin on the 18th of Dec?

Pretty busy year overall!

Years
it's....actually a little sad how few things I've done this year. can't even think of many bullet points haha ):

• Became close to two co-workers, we now confide in each other often whenever life or work is stressing us out. And if we want to rant about people in the office lol...which it seems like we like doing often.....
  • Adopted a ragdoll kitten! She is very hyperactive but also extremely important to me.
  • Got into a new relationship♡♡
  • Bought PC and officially became owner early December :D

......all I can think of but I guess this is eventful in its own right

Years
Oh, goodie. I won't do months because my memory is botched, and some of this will probably be in the wrong order.

• I wrote an Unreal Tournament fan fiction which had been my best to date. Definitely not the case now.

• I went to a cinema for the second time in my life and saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Bloody brilliant experience. I soured it somewhat, however, because I accidentally threw away my limited edition tin cup. Still have the popcorn tin, though! Complete with popcorn. There's where my ashes are going, baby.

• I saw Martin Luther King the Third in person and heard his speech. A very inspiring day. Pretty much solidified my intentions to delve into civil rights and further the cause of equality. Then I went for pizza! Not a bad day.

• Saw live music and had a damnably good time.

• Saw Leon: The Professional for the first time, which is my favourite film, and watched Stranger Things. A lot of good movies this year.

• Jawline visibility magnified by 100,000,001 per cent. Hell yes.

• Stayed out late eating pizza at my local haunt, complete with gorgeous northern Italian waitress and French stud.

• Wrote a few decent sized narratives, some original, others fan fiction, and have improved drastically in terms of prose.

• Discovered music in a serious way. It's how I keep my 'chainsaw-the-universe-into-itty-bitty-pieces-and-spit-and-stomp-on-them-before-feeding-them-into-a-grinder' episodes under control.

• Went to a once-in-a-lifetime art gallery, hugged a cousin I have possibly never hugged and played my first round of Fortnite. Did alright. Didn't kill or hit anyone, of course - I was jumping around five feet from another play with a sniper rifle in my hand. Nearly clipped the bugger but they surely clipped me.

... yeah it seems uneventful but believe me, this year was chock-a-block. I've also never been happier. And this list will need revision because my memory is fantastically horrible.

Years
  • January – It's cold. Why is it so cold? I didn't move here for this!
  • February – Finally holiday time! Explored Sri Lanka and had a few days in Kuala Lumpur too.
  • March – Back to work. Nothing outstanding happened this month.
  • April – Dad came to visit me. Had fun showing him around Hong Kong and China. Also after he left I had a few days extra off for a mini holiday of my own in a place I've wanted to cross off the list for a while: Zhangjiajie.
  • May – Mid May I learned one of my grandmothers passed so got time off work to go to England for a funeral. Was the first time I had been in England for 2 and a half years, it was an odd feeling being back under those circumstances yet at the same time being happy to see people I hadn't seen for quite a while.
  • June – Returned from England at the start of the month. Nothing particularly outstanding happened for the rest of the month.
  • July – The month I have no life. Double shifts in work for most of this month so not much happened except work! China: "OK we'll give you a holiday but you have to do all of this extra work first to make up the hours." …
  • August – Explored the Kansai and Hiroshima regions in Japan for a lot of this month. Also had time in Hong Kong too, my favourite city, to relax. A good month.
  • September – Mostly just work but then travelled to Nepal at the end of the month.
  • October – Had a good time in Nepal. Only had time for a short hike up the mountains because of time constraints but saw some beautiful views. Back to China and back to work.
  • November – Quite a normal month. Did go to Hong Kong a couple of times though.
  • December – Really starting to feel the itch of wanting to leave. Signed a contract for another half year. Kind of wish I didn't but at the same time it just makes the most logical sense to stay here where I know cost of living is cheap and I still have a good income since I have plans for next November outside of England and don't really know what I'd do until then if I left for England at the beginning of February.

Last edited:

malanaphii

i'm about to monologue, son
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 17, 2023
  • In January, I started volunteering in a year one class (and instantly I had a child telling me he loved me so that was... interesting
  • In March i went to a drag show called 'Twisted Circus'
  • At some point I had mocks which I did not appreciate
  • In May, I went to another show called 'Party Monster Ball' & met Trinity again, which was pretty cool, since she remembered who I was lol
  • I also went to celebrate Pride which was amazing and I can't wait until next year's pride because it's only been getting better each year
  • I went on a leadership course thing and did some pretty fun stuff (canoeing, a hike/camping, ran a charity event, and rock climbing but let's not talk about that last one)
  • DragWorld in London! Stayed with some of my friends who I barely ever see which was amazing and met a lot of really cool people
  • Wrote a personal statement which, apparently, according to multiple of my teachers, was really good, so that's always fun
  • Started volunteering with Reception which is... even more hectic than Year One
  • The first year I've ever had to be at school on Halloween. Disgusting. There weren't even any decorations
  • Got an offer from my dream uniiii
  • Got very stressed about school lol (mocks next week.... that's fun)
  • Suddenly got really into Animal Crossing and Pokémon again (very bad timing considering, idk, MOCKS)

and that's pretty much my year i guess! i wouldn't say it was an extremely good year as a whole but, looking at different parts, i had a lot of good times in 2018.

Years
February - Saw my dad for the first time in 7 years for my birthday
March - I bought my step father a small gift for his birthday and people accused me of lying about being poor
April - Had a bad falling out with a friend
May - Step father had a 10 day stay in the hospital, stress caused me to get physically ill
September - I attempted suicide and wound up in the hospital
October - Same as September but twice
November - Got a new computer from dad
December - Christmas dude

Back