Advertiser Content

Emerald Pokemon Emerald Enhanced Page 4

Started by Ryuhouji January 6th, 2019 3:48 AM
  • 82 replies
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
4 posts
2.4 Years
I can't overstate how much I dislike Dawn being in this. It's not deal breaking, especially with how much other stuff there is in this, and I'll likely still go through her route just to see what it is... I'm just really disappointed that it's not May, who is one of my favorite characters. I'm definitely looking forward to going through this though!

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker

Age 29
Male
Ohio, US
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
53 posts
2.6 Years
I can't overstate how much I dislike Dawn being in this. It's not deal breaking, especially with how much other stuff there is in this, and I'll likely still go through her route just to see what it is... I'm just really disappointed that it's not May, who is one of my favorite characters. I'm definitely looking forward to going through this though!
It's funny you say that, I put dawn in for exactly the opposite reason. I hate May, she's my least favorite characters, and was one of the first things to be taken out xD
Dawn is my favorite pokegirl. Funny how that is.
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
4 posts
2.4 Years
That is kind of funny. Dawn is just kind of boring, in my opinion. At the very least, there could be a reason why she's in Hoenn (as in, instead of being Birch's daughter, he could be her assistant or something similar,) that way, May could still make a minor appearance in her home, or as a trainer somewhere!

Also, I hate RetroArch. It's the least user friendly (and most frustrating) emulator I've ever used. Unless this hack works with My Boy! I probably can't keep playing. Sorry man :/

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker

Age 29
Male
Ohio, US
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
53 posts
2.6 Years
That is kind of funny. Dawn is just kind of boring, in my opinion. At the very least, there could be a reason why she's in Hoenn (as in, instead of being Birch's daughter, he could be her assistant or something similar,) that way, May could still make a minor appearance in her home, or as a trainer somewhere!

Also, I hate RetroArch. It's the least user friendly (and most frustrating) emulator I've ever used. Unless this hack works with My Boy! I probably can't keep playing. Sorry man :/
Some users report some success with My Boy! paid, but im not paying for something I never use, so it's only player verified, and not officially supported.
As for Dawn, I had to replace may with her in the game files, because adding overworlds is extremely difficult, and I haven't been able to do so succesfully. I still don't like May that much, but she may have made minor appearances if I didn't have to replace her. The thing is, rival/player overworlds are special, and have special files attached, some of them I've been unable to successfully modify, such as dawn's fishing and watering sprites. That being said, this isn't a 'premium' hack and you don't have to do anything special to play it beyond use a supported emulator and patch your own clean legal rom. The compatibility issues arise from several factors, chief of which is the modifications I made to the audio engine. I'm using an amalgamation of Kurausukun's base audio engine upgrade plus some major tweaks to the buffer and sample rate. I have yet to play any GBA game with music and sound effects as clear and as clean as mine. However, this tweak uses extra RAM for audio and many emulators cannot handle it because they aren't coded to be accurate to the real hardware. My game works fine on my GBA Sp with a flashcart, as well as virtual console on 3ds and mGBA on Switch/PC/Mac/Linux. mGBA is an emulator with near perfect emulation. Most emulators on android are simply lazily coded and 'guess' at incoming opcodes set by the games. It's not my fault that developers can't or won't accurately emulate GBA. So, while I understand your frustration, I also am unwilling to remove the audio changes just to support low end emulators. Hopefully you find something that works for you, but if you get freezes or crashes on battle transitions and level load transitions, then, unfortunately, the emulator you're using is incompatible. You can always give it a try though.

Lord Comquat

Male
Not gonna tell you.
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
72 posts
3.9 Years
For now I'm just waiting for the other cross-gen evolutions to be added before I play this hack. Which IIRC is now just Tangrowth, Probopass, and Lickilicky. (And if we're pushing it there is Sirfetch'd but I just want the 3 I listed)

Still though this looks like a cool way to play through Emerald. I'm keeping my eyes on it.

Ryuhouji

Novice decomp ROMhacker

Age 29
Male
Ohio, US
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
53 posts
2.6 Years
Did you modify damage caused by confusion? It seems pretty OP. I swaggered a level 41 carvana and it one hit KO itself in confusion
This was a problem with stat calculation, it has been long since remedied. Sorry.
Advertiser Content