• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
The Post frequency levels also decrease the growing problem of two or three people posting so much that the other RPers don't have a chance to do anything. And are ninja'd constantly. While some people may call this good activity, I'm sure others call it annoying.

@Kiyoshi: No offense, but I personally don't like it. In general: It doesn't make too much sense.

. . . Why do I get the vague feeling that you're referring to something that I know . . . something I'm in . . . xD Aw, you poor little Foreigner :P

@Kiyoshi - Seems like a pretty good RP, actually, although I won't be joining. I have a feeling *looks at above posters* that people might not join, because it's a little too different? Some people don't like different, lol.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

I'm not sure about it. I've never heard of this... Prohibition Era thing. While everything looks new to me especially Pokemon categories, it's rather complicated to me. There's like some Mafia going on I think? I don't really know much of the concept used in the RP so I really can't help you with feedback. All I can say is, boy do you have a knack for making the most unusual and complex RPs ever. Like with Sophrosune and all that~ xD;;

Oh my goodness I know. I just like having unique RPs that are just different, you know? To have RPs where people can break from the usual pokemon RP routine. Where you have to pay attention.

If you want an overview of the prohibtion era, search up "the roaring twenties" on Wikipedia. It's basically America in the 1920s.

The concept is "YAY LETSA GO ON A JOURNEY" with mysteries tied in for intrigue. The full plot is actually pretty simple when it's played out.

And in the typing department, I've actually made pokemon simpler! There are lists in the OOC to check whose in what but I'm going to keep very helpful records when it actually get started.

If you're interested and have specific questions, I'm more than happy to answer them.

@Kiyoshi: No offense, but I personally don't like it. In general: It doesn't make too much sense.

extremely offended

I'm not too sure how it doesn't make sense.... old-tyme economic boom unova setting, unusually crazy mob members, two mysterious strong battlers, simplified typing system.... mind elaborating?

@Kiyoshi - Seems like a pretty good RP, actually, although I won't be joining. I have a feeling *looks at above posters* that people might not join, because it's a little too different? Some people don't like different, lol.

Well I suggest taking a chance despite common opinion if you want to give my funky RP a try. Difference adds variety, and nobody takes fun in doing the exact same RP everytime they sign up. :3

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016

I'm not sure about it. I've never heard of this... Prohibition Era thing. While everything looks new to me especially Pokemon categories, it's rather complicated to me. There's like some Mafia going on I think? I don't really know much of the concept used in the RP so I really can't help you with feedback. All I can say is, boy do you have a knack for making the most unusual and complex RPs ever. Like with Sophrosune and all that~ xD;;

It was basically when the American Government put a ban on alcohol with the 21st amendment, and people started Boot-Legging (generally the Mafia) and people opened up bars where called speakeasies where they served alcohol.

@Kiyoshi: I'm about to read your RP but I'm already in love with it from the name.

Wymsical

V.S. The Wymsical Champion
Years
@Kyioshi: Well, that's just it, see? It's not the system that's confusing, but rather the storyline. Trying to combining real life with Pokemon even a little is just quite confusing. Not completely, I mean, you explained everything quite well, but it still doesn't seem to make much sense. Right away, you're thrown into this world where Pokemon and real life collide. I just don't like it because I don't believe Pokemon and the real world were meant to mix. If course, you can make Pokemon more realistic (Scratch that, it HAS to be more realistic) But trying to mix PkMn and RL is still going too far.

Of course, that's just my opinion. :)

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
@Kyioshi: Well, that's just it, see? It's not the system that's confusing, but rather the storyline. Trying to combining real life with Pokemon even a little is just quite confusing. Not completely, I mean, you explained everything quite well, but it still doesn't seem to make much sense. Right away, you're thrown into this world where Pokemon and real life collide. I just don't like it because I don't believe Pokemon and the real world were meant to mix. If course, you can make Pokemon more realistic (Scratch that, it HAS to be more realistic) But trying to mix PkMn and RL is still going too far.

Of course, that's just my opinion. :)

I know exactly where you're coming from. I ran into this problem when making the RP, but I've decided that rather than Unova strictly following America's timeline, it based off America's timeline.

It's a fake world, so, why not take that opportunity to tweak it so it runs smoothly?

WarGreymon-X

Ultimate Nerd
Years
  • Age 33
  • US
  • Seen Jun 18, 2014
@ Kiyoshi: I like the idea and I'd join but I'm a RP noob. I highly doubt you'd want to set me loose in the twenties...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Happy Christmas, PC's Roleplay Corner! I'm glad to still be a regular here, despite all.

I've perfected Arcanum now, I think. But I won't post it until we'll see how much time 'the pokémon BET' and 'Survivors of Meiko Island' takes for me...

So, you people busy during the holidays or got more time than usual to spend RPing? ;) from the eeriness of the RP Corner, I wouldn't say the latter :p unfortunately (?) that's the case for me. I'm pretty very much free for the next few days.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Happy Christmas, PC's Roleplay Corner! I'm glad to still be a regular here, despite all.

I've perfected Arcanum now, I think. But I won't post it until we'll see how much time 'the pokémon BET' and 'Survivors of Meiko Island' takes for me...

So, you people busy during the holidays or got more time than usual to spend RPing? ;) from the eeriness of the RP Corner, I wouldn't say the latter :p unfortunately (?) that's the case for me. I'm pretty very much free for the next few days.

I request to see the map, if you did redraw it. Then I shall decide if I will finish my amazing version that I'm working on. -3-

I get more time, because I don't go on vacation or anything. The only days that I probably won't be as active are Christmas Eve/Christmas Day, as those are the days I go to hang with family and get mah presents.
Then, depending on what I get for Christmas, I'm either more active or I'm off stuffing my face in a new videogame. xD

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years

Well I won't be on for Old Year's and most of New Year's Day, and both Christmas days will be sporadic on/offline days, but the rest should be better without school. Even if it does turn into study week, and I've given myself a new game for Christmas xD

As for Arcanum, I'm definitely looking forward to it, and I'd like to ditto Nakazumi, I'd love to see the map if you redid it C8

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Oh, can't wait for that Arcanum RP Red. :P

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm also able to be home for a week but I have no idea whether I'll be busy or not, lol.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Well I did treat myself to a year's subscription of WoW. Not that that has ever been much of an addiction risk for me. I'll also be traveling a bit to see family, and overseeing a pokemon tournament, but none of that should really break my time here. In fact, the lack of school probably overall means more time for me, though work is still an obstacle.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Hey guys, it's Christmas for me today!! So, I wish everyone a merry Christmas (tomorrow for most of you 'mericans) from your friendly, neighbourhood Spiderm-- moderator!!!

I might pop in now and again today but it's mainly family day for me. So, I'll get to your submitted threads hopefully tonight or tomorrow night (since I'm working boxing day and the lines at work are going to be ENORMOUS!!). Have a fun time and I hope you guys get lots of presents!

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Merry Christmas to you too! And to all of you who celebrate it. Happy Hanukkah and Happy Kwanzaa, and New Years! Even though the last two aren't religious but then again Christmas for many isn't religious, thank you Hallmark!

Anyways, does anybody want a Pokemon RP that revolves around the world of (illegitimate) Business?

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@pokemongarnet: When you said that I immediately thought of the Yakuza, only with moar pokemon. I can't say I wouldn't be interested in something of that sort, but... perhaps I'd need to see what you come up with first.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Hey guys! I have a Digimon Roleplay idea that I'd like to throw at you guys and just hear you guys' opinion about it:

Spoiler:

So, what do you guys think? The main driving force behind it is Greek Mythology. I'm utilizing five of the Olympus Twelve Digimon as well as Argomon (who is based off a Greek Mythology character as well). Digivolution will be a bit different from ordinary Digimon shows/RPs because the characters will have to utilize the data from other Digimon (I'll explain more when the RP is up; it's an idea that I got from a guy on dA).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back